Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
Well, you're going to be disappointed when you find out there's something wrong and there aren't nearly enough pictures to warrant 51 GB worth of them.
Waaaaait, are the sex "scenes" the same as in previous game, as in just some new character sprites? Because that's all I saw from playing for a bit and looking through the image files.

Sep 10, 2017
Waaaaait, are the sex "scenes" the same as in previous game, as in just some new character sprites? Because that's all I saw from playing for a bit and looking through the image files.
Are you sure you didn't download half of f95 there? :p

But yes, what you're seeing is what you'll get, pretty much. The main difference - in terms of graphics - is the NPC generation and clothes are customizable for everyone. But I think people have a final install file of around 2, maybe 3 GB? I uninstalled it back in March I believe because I felt it wasn't worth anything.

So there's definitely something wrong, it shouldn't nearly take that much space on your PC.

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
So there's definitely something wrong, it shouldn't nearly take that much space on your PC.
I get it, it's because I set a very high cluster size when I formatted that HDD. It doesn't work well with lots of small files like in Lab Rats.
Protip: don't do it, not worth.
EDIT: allocation size, not cluster, my bad.

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
That's kinda hilarious to be honest... why'd you do that in the first place?
Bigger allocation unit size potentially speeds up disk actions, and who wouldn't like a faster drive, huh? Unfortunately the difference is marginal at best.

scar123

Mar 4, 2018
Me and @Tristim are currently working on modding the game in this Git repository.

If you want to contribute with anything just request access or clone and do merge requests.
We are also in the Discord in my signature trying to provide feedback to each other and other modders, so if you have any questions jump on there.

The develop branch is currently stable, but with a lot of unfinished concepts so it is not meant to be used in playthroughs, but it should be fine.

It includes new events, new rooms, the cheat menu, room manager, mod core.
Currently fleshing out the Security Room where you can investigate a person to find out information about them, e.g their opinions or home location (so you can visit them without having gone on a successful date first), or observe events via the CCTV camera. Will be unlockables added later, e.g surveillance of the city itself and not just within the business.
Hair salon for changing hair styles and hair color (Would love to have someone add more colors and fix naming)
Importing of outfits into mc.designed_wardrobe, the_person.wardrobe and mc.business.uniforms.

There is also the "Receptive" role that will be turned into a trait eventually that allows you to edit ( and add custom opinions ) the opinion of a person if they have more than 0 suggestibility and you manage the "Willpower" check.
This is in the early stages and will need to be fleshed out for it to stop being a trivial annoyance check, but it will get there eventually.

Tristim also made additions to the UI so that it displays age, height, weight and cup size.
The intention with these additions are for them to be compatible with future versions, saves and also be easy to install / uninstall.

Basically, this is a reminder that anyone is free to help out either with writing or coding.

Again, not going to be a flawless experience playing with it, but it should be fine.
Hopefully others will join in and contribute so it is easy to create modifications.

Installation instructions can be found in the ReadMe, but in short it is this:
Download the .zip and throw Mods folder into /game/.
Start the game and activate the mods through the computer in your bedroom. (a one time crisis event has to trigger first for it to display, skip time until that happens.)
can you do anything to fix this error?

JJJ4544

Nov 26, 2017
I still have error in this game. I still have windows 7. My error is this. When I open shoe the blue window and say Load files and in next fall in error.

scar123

Mar 4, 2018
Try opening the console with Shift+O and type in this:
Code:
list_of_titles = []
That should behave as a work around for this issue until Vren fixes it in 0.16.1.
i get this error before i can even load the game so i don't think i can open the console, any way i can fix it in the files?

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
i get this error before i can even load the game so i don't think i can open the console, any way i can fix it in the files?
Right. I didn't think of this.
The titles function is not in v0.15.1 as it came in v0.16.0 of the game which would also be a reason as to why you are getting this error.
You'd have to wait for version 0.16.1 or use the Patreon version 0.16.0 (which is filled with bugs).

0.16.1 should be coming later today or tomorrow.
If you by chance are already using v0.16.0 then I have no way of reproducing the error.
If you are using v0.15.1:
You could try deleting the Cougar personality and Salon Manager personality, but you will still encounter issues with certain modded crisis events where the new titling system is in use. e.g any mentions of the_person.title should throw an error (although you can probably hit ignore and continue on).
Generic_personality_hook.rpy might also need to be deleted for it to work with v0.15.1

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Right. I didn't think of this.
The titles function is not in v0.15.1 as it came in v0.16.0 of the game which would also be a reason as to why you are getting this error.
You'd have to wait for version 0.16.1 or use the Patreon version 0.16.0 (which is filled with bugs).

0.16.1 should be coming later today or tomorrow.
If you by chance are already using v0.16.0 then I have no way of reproducing the error.
If you are using v0.15.1:
You could try deleting the Cougar personality and Salon Manager personality, but you will still encounter issues with certain modded crisis events where the new titling system is in use. e.g any mentions of the_person.title should throw an error (although you can probably hit ignore and continue on).
Generic_personality_hook.rpy might also need to be deleted for it to work with v0.15.1
The issue is indeed caused by attempting to use mods designed for use in v16.0 with game version v15.1.
@Trollden, for future reference, the game version is listed at the bottom of the traceback files.
Code:
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.15.1
Mon May 06 16:23:22 2019
The error is a result of attempting to define class attributes in v15.1 that weren't a part of the personality class until v16.

So, to @scar123, the correct answer is to get a copy of v16.0, which is not available in this thread and is only available to supporters from Vren's Patreon
OR
wait a bit longer, and sometime today or tomorrow, Vren will release v16.1 publicly, after he's addressed all the bugs reported from v16.0.

Reactions: Trollden

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Ok, then it's not Modders' fault. But can you, plural, do something for the attached one? View attachment 296219
First, two things Id like to note:
1) Despite the SB_ tag at the start of the sb_sister_selfie_crisis.rpy , which normally is a tag denoting the mod as being one of Starbucks creations, that mod file is, in fact, not written by Starbuck. It was written by @Tristim.
2) Even though it was "written" by Tristim, it is, for the most part, a clone of the mother_selfie_crisis (written by VREN), including all the bugs that existed with it. This includes the traceback you sent.

So, as for the fix:
Line 115 of SB_Sister_Selfie_Crisis.rpy should read as follows
Python:
                    the_person.outfit = the_person.wardrobe.get_random_appropriate_underwear(the_person.sluttiness)
additionally, the same alteration can be made to Line 2986 of crisis.rpy to address the source/root cause of that particular bug.

Understand that, unless the original bug in the crisis.rpy is reported to and addressed by Vren, it will just keep showing up in future versions of the game, necessitating a community fix each time. It may or may not still exist in v16, I do not have a copy to verify.

Reactions: SenPC

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Version 0.16.1 is out for everyone.
Mega link for those afraid of Pater Eon:

Plus a few options for those feeling not so Mega lo maniac:

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes