Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
You can do much better if you create a possibly flawed serum with side effects, and use that version on test persons. Interact with them while they are under the influence still (flirt, small talk etc.) and each of the ingredients will get 0.2 mastery points with that interaction alone. Can be much quicker especially with expensive (wrt/ points needed to increase mastery) traits, and with multiple traits in one serum.

Example: create one flawed serum with five trait slots, each trait having 600 or more research points per 0.5 mastery level. You can research yourself to death if you want to get 0.5 points each for the 7 traits needed, or you can just give the serum to one person and talk to her three times to get 0.6 points for each of the seven traits.

And now imagine that you could also give three different serums at once to your test person. You can master all the traits at once, with a single interaction.

Do your math.
I do and I dont understand. I understand that I can gain mastery from people using the serums but why would I settle for .6 points when I can get 5 to 10 full points just researching it?

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
If a negative effect is mentioned in the trait description, it is not a side effect, but an inescapable consequence. The side effect chance only means the random ones that can occur. It's like how many real-world drugs have a natural and inescapable consequence, like how something that lowers your inhibitions may make you more willing to do things, but also more likely to be disobedient and blurt out stuff semi-randomly.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Ah, played through a bit longer and got to the good old crash on save bug (my last saves at that point being in the 8 MB+ size). Fair to say Wren hasn't pruned quite all of the bugs from this version.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
I'm talking about the side effects stated in the trait, like -5 to happiness/turn and such.whats the difference between stated effects and random? Does it explain that in the games in-game faq?
Right, so those aren't side effects of a serum, rather they are an expressed quality of the trait. You can't research those away. What you're doing when you reduce the side effect chance is preventing a serum you create from having an unexpected (and most-likely unrelated to the traits you chose) pitfall to all the serums created from that design.

I always avoid using any of the traits that have those stated negative qualities. There's a good reason most of the late-tier traits don't have any negative effects... but also take a LOT of time to research.

Although, I gotta say I completely understand why you are confused. I just read the description for "mood enhancer" and its description describes the -2 obedience per turn as "The most common side effect is a lack of respect for authority..." That description was probably written before the update that introduced the side-effect chance and trait mastery features of the game and vren probably didn't realize/remember that some of the static qualities of some traits are described as side effects when a side-effect is now something more specific and different.

Last edited:

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
how do you know the right person name for console command to modify their stats.
Just go talk to the person you want to modify... once you've got their conversation and interaction menu up you can refer to them as the_person.

the_person.happiness
the_person.obedience
the_person.opinions
etc...

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
Right, so those aren't side effects of a serum, rather they are an expressed quality of the trait. You can't research those away. What you're doing when you reduce the side effect chance is preventing a serum you create from having an unexpected (and most-likely unrelated to the traits you chose) pitfall to all the serums created from that design.

I always avoid using any of the traits that have those stated negative qualities. There's a good reason most of the late-tier traits don't have any negative effects... but also take a LOT of time to research.

Although, I gotta say I completely understand why you are confused. I just read the description for "mood enhancer" and its description describes the -2 obedience per turn as "The most common side effect is a lack of respect for authority..." That description was probably written before the update that introduced the side-effect chance and trait mastery features of the game and vren probably didn't realize/remember that some of the static qualities of some traits are described as side effects when a side-effect is now something more specific and different.
I don't understand at all (well maybe I do a little). It was just a couple updates ago that I could research traits down to 0%, make an OP serum that crammed all the traits I wanted in it, and then mandate dosing without any side effects appearing at all. So what changed and what is the point of researching if random effects happen anyways?

Reactions: Brololol

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I do and I dont understand. I understand that I can gain mastery from people using the serums but why would I settle for .6 points when I can get 5 to 10 full points just researching it?
Because it's much quicker if you can get 0.2 points with one click for several traits at once (even discovering some opinions of your subject by the way, or increasing love etc.), instead of researching one single trait for several time periods, doing nothing else, and get only 0.5 for that one trait at the end.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I don't understand at all (well maybe I do a little). It was just a couple updates ago that I could research traits down to 0%, make an OP serum that crammed all the traits I wanted in it, and then mandate dosing without any side effects appearing at all. So what changed and what is the point of researching if random effects happen anyways?
Negative effects like a serum that raises sluttiness causing a loss of obedience, or serums that raise obedience a lot causing unhappiness have been in the game far, far longer than the relatively new 'side-effects' system, or 'mastery' system, so you're just plain mistaken. Either you simply avoided making serums with those traits, or you didn't play far enough to reach them, or you just plain forgot.

Find a copy of v.17 and look for yourself. They were always there. But the entire concept of 'mastery levels' was not.

puller123

Aug 14, 2017
I love this kind of game but honestly I just can't get past the models. I don't think they were this bad the last time I loaded this up (it was a while ago). I saw the mom and was like, maybe it's just her, sister appears...wat. Then Stephanie, hard no. Maybe it has a little to do with just expecting them to look different, but ehh.

I'm not sure why he didn't just literally rip them from the old game.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I love this kind of game but honestly I just can't get past the models. I don't think they were this bad the last time I loaded this up (it was a while ago). I saw the mom and was like, maybe it's just her, sister appears...wat. Then Stephanie, hard no. Maybe it has a little to do with just expecting them to look different, but ehh.

I'm not sure why he didn't just literally rip them from the old game.
Because it is not the old game. This game needs to be able to generate a practically unlimited number of randomly generated individual models, so individual HS modelling would not make sense, but has to be replaced with more or less procedurally generated DAZ models.

martinlongbow

Nov 30, 2018
how i increase production? i have 3 people in the lab, enough supplies but still producing like 10 a day
how do i increase sluttiness? when i flirt love goes up but not sluttiness, am i missing something?

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
how i increase production? i have 3 people in the lab, enough supplies but still producing like 10 a day
how do i increase sluttiness? when i flirt love goes up but not sluttiness, am i missing something?
Production:
in order to increase production you can buy the batch size increase business policies from the main office... I large number of people working in the production lab can increase your production... but you need to hire people there with a high production skill level and fairly high intelligence and focus stats. Having a bunch of employees that have low production skill and/or low focus/intelligence won't increase your output much.

Sluttiness:
To increase sluttiness, you have to pay attention to what certain actions do. Flirting can increase sluttiness if the person you are talking to has less than 1 full heart (past that, flirting can't increase sluttiness)... once past that point you have to seduce them and have sex with them. You choose the sex acts that are marked in green as "exciting" and those will slowly increase sluttiness. The best way to increase sluttiness is to find ladies who like or love certain types of sex finishes (creampies, risking getting pregnant, being covered in cum, drinking cum, cum facials, etc..) By cumming in a girls mouth who likes or loves "drinking cum" they will gain a 5-10 increase in their sluttiness.

Now keep in mind that these increases will only increase the temporary sluttiness (in red)... in order for that to efficiently convert to core sluttiness (in yellow), you'll need to give them a serum that increases suggestibility... that will greatly increase the chance at each turn that points of temporary sluttiness will convert to permanent sluttiness.

Reactions: carlosmayo

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Because it is not the old game. This game needs to be able to generate a practically unlimited number of randomly generated individual models, so individual HS modelling would not make sense, but has to be replaced with more or less procedurally generated DAZ models.
That doesn't explain uncanny-valley faces or the lack of variations for faces, hair-styles and clothing. Nor how the different parts rarely fit together properly.
Really like this game but the models are its biggest flaw.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
That doesn't explain uncanny-valley faces or the lack of variations for faces, hair-styles and clothing. Nor how the different parts rarely fit together properly.
Really like this game but the models are its biggest flaw.
Yes. Yes it does.
You just don't understand the explanation.

Each face used, has to be created as a small image in each and every expression and angle, to be used as a 'sprite', meaning a small image that is layered and combined with other small images to form a larger composite image. It's kind of like a very high tech collage. And there are several faces, that must be multiplied by the expressions each need to be rendered in, multiplied by the possible angles you can see the face from, multiplied by the 3 different skin colours, and each and every one of those needs to be pixel-perfect in position to align with all the different body images in all the different poses and skin tones.

When you look at a 'character' in this game, you are seeing a near random assembly from thousands of possible image combinations, each part of which had to be rendered in advance, pixel-perfectly positioned to align with all the other parts.

Seriously, if you still don't understand the explanation, go ahead and download DAZ3D for free and try for yourself to add just one face and one hairstyle that will work for all the possible body, expression,skin tone, and pose combinations. Take as long as you need. Take six months, much longer than the dev has for each update, and add just one face and one hairstyle.

You are right about one thing, but you are still wrong about that right thing too. The models are for the majority the biggest flaw or weakness of the game. How you are wrong about that correct fact is thinking that the dev doesn't know it. He knows. He's simply far more concerned about creating a game than whether or not you can have a wank.

You see, to him, and anyone with sense, gameplay is more important to a game than visuals. When Sid Meirs original classic "Civilization" came out, it looked visually quite a long way behind the times in its graphics - but the gameplay... man you could (and many did) play for years and not get bored. "Minecraft", another famous game that looked entirely out of place in an industry that usually goes for ever slicker graphics. Again, years and years later, people are still playing it. Long, long, long after they ditched the slicker looking games that were boring after one play.

I know, I know. You don't care about gameplay, you just want to wank over little pictures. Well, shocking as it may be, I don't think the dev places a great deal of thought, and absolutely no priority at all, over you pulling your pud. I think he wants to develop a good game. Emphasis on game. This is not a VN. If you want pretty pictures, play a VN.

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Best way to increase Slut is
Use mod
Hit p
Force love cum facials and covered in cum
Hit p
Come on face=+20 slut

Needs suggest serums to get movement

martinlongbow

Nov 30, 2018
There are couple things i dont understand, core sluttiness is keep dropping, i thought it would not be changed? my main problem is all stats keep falling regardless what, so i cant do really any progress with any character. i take them to date and have some fun but then we go back their sluttiness in single digits again i start all over. what am i doing wrong?

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes