RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
There are couple things i dont understand, core sluttiness is keep dropping, i thought it would not be changed? my main problem is all stats keep falling regardless what, so i cant do really any progress with any character. i take them to date and have some fun but then we go back their sluttiness in single digits again i start all over. what am i doing wrong?
Core Sluttiness only usually decreases as a direct result of serums you are giving.

The serum trait to boost sluttiness, for instance is a temporary boost only while the serum is in effect, and when the effect ends that boost is removed because it was never permanent. So if you give serums with that sluttiness boosting trait they get +15 core sluttiness when it takes effect, and lose it again, -15 core sluttiness, when its duration ends, even if that overlaps with the duration of another dose or another serum.

There's also other serum traits that reduce core sluttiness, such as the one that boosts obedience but in turn causes prudishness. Those traits that reduce stats over time can seriously drain core sluttiness, so at least as the game mechanics currently work, I wouldn't use them at all. There's always another way to get the positive effect without such a high cost.

Happiness should be about the only stat you actually have to think about and work at. For this reason it is vital to recruit very selectively for people that have a like or love for working, or for the specific type of work they will do, for the type of clothing your uniform is, etc. Otherwise you can still manage things, but it takes much, much more micromanagement, continually seeking out employees with low happiness and giving them rewards (of various sorts) or compliments in order to raise their happiness.

Bear in mind that happiness 'normalizes' at 100. Anytime a character has a happiness that is above or below that amount then over time it will naturally head towards 100. Doing jobs they love, wearing clothes they love, or it being a day they love, will all raise happiness a little for each time period spent doing that thing. That's why carefully selecting employees that love what they will do is so important a strategy.

If they actually dislike the type or colour of clothes of the uniform, or the type of work they are doing, their happiness will just tick down every time period faster than you can keep up with. Paying them 5 more than their wage expectation has a minor effect, while paying them 15 more than their wage expectation has a much bigger effect, and is less micro-management than giving individual bonuses and rewards. So if you have a good income, you may consider that.

Obedience is a very easy stat, since for a start it generally doesn't need to be high - you only need high obedience in a very few situations, like selecting their wardrobe. High obedience will also help keep an employee from leaving due to low happiness, but higher happiness would have done the same. Several reward actions can boost Obedience a little, and staff in the Research department gain (I think) +5 Obedience every time they test a serum for you. Obedience also has no core or 'normalized' level, so it only increases or decreases based on your actions or serums. This makes it very easy to raise and it doesn't decrease on its own.

Reactions: srksrk 68

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Obedience is a very easy stat, since for a start it generally doesn't need to be high - you only need high obedience in a very few situations, like selecting their wardrobe. High obedience will also help keep an employee from leaving due to low happiness, but higher happiness would have done the same. Several reward actions can boost Obedience a little, and staff in the Research department gain (I think) +5 Obedience every time they test a serum for you. Obedience also has no core or 'normalized' level, so it only increases or decreases based on your actions or serums. This makes it very easy to raise and it doesn't decrease on its own.
Thanks for the explanation. Just to add to the last point: Obedience gains an automatic +1 every time you're rough with a partner when they orgasm during oral (regular blowjob or deepthroat), another fairly straightforward—if slow—way to build the stat.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Core Sluttiness only usually decreases as a direct result of serums you are giving.

The serum trait to boost sluttiness, for instance is a temporary boost only while the serum is in effect, and when the effect ends that boost is removed because it was never permanent. So if you give serums with that sluttiness boosting trait they get +15 core sluttiness when it takes effect, and lose it again, -15 core sluttiness, when its duration ends, even if that overlaps with the duration of another dose or another serum.

There's also other serum traits that reduce core sluttiness, such as the one that boosts obedience but in turn causes prudishness. Those traits that reduce stats over time can seriously drain core sluttiness, so at least as the game mechanics currently work, I wouldn't use them at all. There's always another way to get the positive effect without such a high cost.

Happiness should be about the only stat you actually have to think about and work at. For this reason it is vital to recruit very selectively for people that have a like or love for working, or for the specific type of work they will do, for the type of clothing your uniform is, etc. Otherwise you can still manage things, but it takes much, much more micromanagement, continually seeking out employees with low happiness and giving them rewards (of various sorts) or compliments in order to raise their happiness.

Bear in mind that happiness 'normalizes' at 100. Anytime a character has a happiness that is above or below that amount then over time it will naturally head towards 100. Doing jobs they love, wearing clothes they love, or it being a day they love, will all raise happiness a little for each time period spent doing that thing. That's why carefully selecting employees that love what they will do is so important a strategy.

If they actually dislike the type or colour of clothes of the uniform, or the type of work they are doing, their happiness will just tick down every time period faster than you can keep up with. Paying them 5 more than their wage expectation has a minor effect, while paying them 15 more than their wage expectation has a much bigger effect, and is less micro-management than giving individual bonuses and rewards. So if you have a good income, you may consider that.

Those last two posts of yours are a very good explanation, thanks!

I would like to add:

There is a serum trait that increases happiness by 3 per time tick, and I've set up a serum with 7 ticks duration with it as the daily doze. Never have a problem with happiness.

Also, it is not advisable (I guess it's a bug) to doze a serum which increases love by, say, 20, if it is already near to the max of 100 -- because when the effect wears off, you end up with a mere 80, even if it was 99 before. This is even worse because you can stack serums, so if you give your person of interest five such dozes, if love was at 100 before, you end up with 0 afterwards. I don't know for sure, but that might also be the case with sluttiness (though you can have over 100 sluttiness but only five hearts are shown).

And finally, the negative trait effect that decreases obedience per time tick seems to have a permanent effect. Once I discovered that, I had to re-load an earlier save because my whole staff went revolting after I set such a serum as the daily doze. I never tried such traits again, would not dare to do that with the negative sluttiness traits as well.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi experts,

I have a question. There are several screens in that game that are not vertically scrollable, as it appears. So if you have a dozen or mor people working in one department, you cannot scroll down the list. Also, if you have four production lines, you do not see the lowest one completely. Is that correct?

And what really drives me mad in that context is that if you are in a screen that cannot be scrolled, but you try to scroll up using the mouse wheel nonetheless, a rollback is triggered. Especially in later game when each rollback takes one minute that is a pain in the ass. I cannot count how often I accidently reverted a carefully picked outfit because I wanted to scroll up the list...

Coming to outfit manager: how can I use the color palette? The buttons are all set to "white" and I do not see how to change that.

And am I missing something or can it not be seen anywhere how often you boinked a girl, and with what outcome? That is one of the most important statistics, I'd say...

Last edited:
Reactions: gregers

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Hi experts,

I have a question. There are several screens in that game that are not vertically scrollable, as it appears. So if you have a dozen or mor people working in one department, you cannot scroll down the list. Also, if you have four production lines, you do not see the lowest one completely. Is that correct?

And what really drives me mad in that context is that if you are in a screen that cannot be scrolled, but you try to scroll up using the mouse wheel nonetheless, a rollback is triggered. Especially in later game when each rollback takes one minute that is a pain in the ass. I cannot count how often I accidently reverted a carefully picked outfit because I wanted to scroll up the list...

Coming to outfit manager: how can I use the color palette? The buttons are all set to "white" and I do not see how to change that.

And am I missing something or can it not be seen anywhere how often you boinked a girl, and with what outcome? That is one of the most important statistics, I'd say...
There are quite a lot of missing "viewport" elements that can be fixed by adding them to the screens ( by default found in script.rpy, look for things such as "screen outfit_creator"
To avoid accidental rollbacks during the outfit creation you can add renpy.block_rollback() as a statement to it, same goes for the serum creation screens.

For the color palette you first use the sliders to create a color then right click to assign the selected color to the palette. Afterwards, left click to select the saved color.
No stats tracking intercourses, but there is the `the_person.sexed_count` that counts seduction attempts.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
There are quite a lot of missing "viewport" elements that can be fixed by adding them to the screens ( by default found in script.rpy, look for things such as "screen outfit_creator"
To avoid accidental rollbacks during the outfit creation you can add renpy.block_rollback() as a statement to it, same goes for the serum creation screens.

For the color palette you first use the sliders to create a color then right click to assign the selected color to the palette. Afterwards, left click to select the saved color.
No stats tracking intercourses, but there is the `the_person.sexed_count` that counts seduction attempts.
OK this means it is still not finished, I guess. Thanks for the reply!

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
Remember - you have 3 different color types - solid, translucent and something else. When I tried those (not in the last version) - I think it didn't work for me. However I saw translucent clothes in the last version, so it might work now.

Apr 23, 2018
I'm having an issue with nora's quest. I finished the first quest and turned in the results, but she gives me a second serum trait and unlock the first one only appears in the traits list as impossible. When I try to make the drug nora's trait isn't there making it impossible for me to finish the quest.

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
I'm having an issue with nora's quest. I finished the first quest and turned in the results, but she gives me a second serum trait and unlock the first one only appears in the traits list as impossible. When I try to make the drug nora's trait isn't there making it impossible for me to finish the quest.
Yep. Same problem. Just in case check if you're using the latest version (20.1 not 20.0). I used 20.0 never checked in 20.1

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Well, shocking as it may be, I don't think the dev places a great deal of thought, and absolutely no priority at all, over you pulling your pud.
First please dial the condescending tone down 10 notches.
Then stop assuming, attributing values, judging and pulling out herring after herring from a total of 3 sentences.

Manage that, and we'll have a discussion. Until then I'll go watch some wet pain slowly dry as it'll be more rewarding than engaging that drivel.

Last edited:

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
I think it's a bug... the trait is probably in your unresearched traits rather than in your researched traits list.

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
Negative effects like a serum that raises sluttiness causing a loss of obedience, or serums that raise obedience a lot causing unhappiness have been in the game far, far longer than the relatively new 'side-effects' system, or 'mastery' system, so you're just plain mistaken. Either you simply avoided making serums with those traits, or you didn't play far enough to reach them, or you just plain forgot.

Find a copy of v.17 and look for yourself. They were always there. But the entire concept of 'mastery levels' was not.
I don't know what "mastery levels" have to with it. But as not being far enough, maybe I usually only get to lvl 3 on serums before a new version comes out breaking my save and I have to start over. As for the sluttiness at cost of obedience, obedience at cost of happiness, ect I know about those and that's what I build serum to counteract. When you get to the point you can cram 5 or so traits into a serum you can design it like a rock, paper, scissors 3 way tie/lose where they each cancel each others side effects while still producing some stat increases. However, I still end up with side effects specifically a decrease in happiness it is the only that decreases and I even tried removing the trait with that side effect from the serum but still see decreases. I knew and know nothing about the "new" side effects system.

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
Because it is not the old game. This game needs to be able to generate a practically unlimited number of randomly generated individual models, so individual HS modelling would not make sense, but has to be replaced with more or less procedurally generated DAZ models.
"Practically endless " except in my experience it's the same 5 girls with slight height/bust differences the only real variation I see is in flavor text and stats.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I don't know what "mastery levels" have to with it. But as not being far enough, maybe I usually only get to lvl 3 on serums before a new version comes out breaking my save and I have to start over. As for the sluttiness at cost of obedience, obedience at cost of happiness, ect I know about those and that's what I build serum to counteract. When you get to the point you can cram 5 or so traits into a serum you can design it like a rock, paper, scissors 3 way tie/lose where they each cancel each others side effects while still producing some stat increases. However, I still end up with side effects specifically a decrease in happiness it is the only that decreases and I even tried removing the trait with that side effect from the serum but still see decreases. I knew and know nothing about the "new" side effects system.
Mastery Levels are the bit about "researching it down to zero" that was only added a couple of updates ago. Prior to the last couple of updates a trait was either researched or it wasn't, a boolean thing, no percentage chances of anything at all. Obviously that was said in direct response to your post raising that precise point:

It was just a couple updates ago that I could research traits down to 0%, make an OP serum that crammed all the traits I wanted in it, and then mandate dosing without any side effects appearing at all. So what changed and what is the point of researching if random effects happen anyways?
When you gain enough 'mastery levels' of a serum, (either through extra research or by interacting with people who are under the effects of a serum that includes the trait), the (recently added) chance for a random side effect drops to zero, and at such time there is indeed zero chance of any serum recipe you research after that having a side effect from that trait.

However, some traits have had certain negative effects for far longer than there has ever been the added system of random ones. They are mentioned with specific effects in the trait, and thus are obviously not random. I mentioned a few of those, and by and large you should avoid ever using them in a 'daily dose' serum, ever. The traits you want in a daily dose are high suggestibility (has no negative), extra duration (so it lasts all through the workday) or even stacks some effects with the next dose, the high-tier Happiness over time effect, and the traits that boost performance stats, and so make your employees more productive.

Serum traits with stat loses should never be in a daily dose serum, as they almost invariably tick that loss with every single time period. Just carry a few such serums around with you for those relatively rare specific situations where you absolutely need to temporarily raise a stat for a specific interaction.

Apr 23, 2018
I think it's a bug... the trait is probably in your unresearched traits rather than in your researched traits list.
I think so too. Not sure if I need to go anywhere to report it. I was kinda hoping to unlock some special serum traits, but since I can't complete the quest I guess I'm stuck. One more bug I noticed is for Gabrielle. For whatever reason even without talking to her or giving her serum her sluttiness level kept going up.

Hank Miller

Mar 4, 2019
Hi, looking for anybody who can ease my curiousity.

Locations Distillery from Mod and Strip Club cover the same spot on map since v0.20.0/1, therefore I was looking to move either one of them to another hex, but didn't find the source for that.

Who can teach me how to create/edit locations on the map?

Thanks in advance!

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes