JoshuaDADAD

Apr 14, 2018
Do you have a Head Researcher? (Yes, unless you have fired or moved Stephanie)
Do you have more than zero in your Intelligence, Focus or Research Skill stats? (Check your Character Sheet)

If I am reading the function correctly you should be passively gaining research progress due to your Head Researcher and other Research Staff, but you need to qualify for the second question to manually help the progress with the "Spend time researching in the lab" action.
research_amount = __builtin__.round(((3*mc.int) + (mc.focus) + (2*mc.research_skill) + 10) * (mc.business.team_effectiveness))/100

Note that progress will be halted during the weekends except from your manual contribution due to no researchers being present.

EDIT: Missed the +10 in there so you should be making slight progress unless your company efficency is also at 0%, if that is the case then fix it by organizing your business in the Main Office or by hiring someone for the HR Department.
1583250206277.png 1583250269832.png
This is my head researcher and how things look

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
I do have a head researcher with more than 0 in all three of those stats, yet each time I attempt to advance my research or use a command it doesn't increase any of the research progress. I also don't have any passive increases as well.
View attachment 575466
This also shows up everytime I click advance.
For the commands you have to input them in the correct format which would be:
mc.business.listener_system.fire_event("player_research", amount = 100)
I haven't been keeping track of the listener_system, but it requires you to pass **kwargs now so just inputting an integer doesn't work.

EDIT: fire_event seems to only count towards the quest goal and doesn't advance the research itself.

Use mc.business.research_progress(999,999,999) since it is a function you need to call, hence the parenthesis () and not a variable that you set by using =.
Looking at your console log you have wiped out the def research_progress and turned it into an int, so you'll have to repair that somehow.

Creating a new game would be one possible solution or you could copy and paste the following into your script.rpy in the /game/ folder then restart your game and load the save. It should resolve it.

EDIT: Okay, so even simpler would be to open your console and input mc.business.research_progress = Business.research_progress :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JoshuaDADAD

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
do have dev any talk chanel ?
or do he comes to this forum ? i readed his info of new version at patreon, and ut stiked me, taht this game lack one think perk/trait system for girls. yeah, they have few different personalities, but in the end, they all fell totaly same. so i till love if they will have some added traits like usual shy/exhibicionist/voyer up to onech which modify thuer stats like dumb (not only bimbo), genius, lucky, unlucky, trans..etc.
imagine your surprise you will strip down girl only to see picachu there :).

JoshuaDADAD

Apr 14, 2018
For the commands you have to input them in the correct format which would be:
mc.business.listener_system.fire_event("player_research", amount = 100)
I haven't been keeping track of the listener_system, but it requires you to pass **kwargs now so just inputting an integer doesn't work.

EDIT: fire_event seems to only count towards the quest goal and doesn't advance the research itself.

Use mc.business.research_progress(999,999,999) since it is a function you need to call, hence the parenthesis () and not a variable that you set by using =.
Looking at your console log you have wiped out the def research_progress and turned it into an int, so you'll have to repair that somehow.

Creating a new game would be one possible solution or you could copy and paste the following into your script.rpy in the /game/ folder then restart your game and load the save. It should resolve it.

EDIT: Okay, so even simpler would be to open your console and input mc.business.research_progress = Business.research_progress :)
1583304117370.png
I typed in every command, yet I still can't gain and get that int error. I also completely redownloaded the game yet it didn't seem to make any difference.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
I typed in every command, yet I still can't gain and get that int error. I also completely redownloaded the game yet it didn't seem to make any difference.
Redownloading the game won't help if you're still loading that damaged save. The game is saved not only in the game folder, it's also saved somewhere in your home directory (AppData/...something on Windows, ~/.renpy/...something on Linux), so even if you remove the game dir, the damaged save game still stays.

Starting a new game will help you, though. or the last command Trollden wrote:
Python:
mc.business.research_progress = Business.research_progress

Last edited:

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
I liked the first one. Lab Rats 2 feels like I need to have a phd in economy to be able to play. No thanks
actualy it us very easy, at first just focus to get any serum researched by you own, and then just hure one girl for purchrase of supplies, steph you allready have for research, third for production and fourth for selling or you can sell manualy, later in game you will have encouter with your ex, which you can hire to be your sales girl.
even with that "big" staff you should earn some money without you manualy doing anything (well, expect doing hr work so efficency dont suffer).
after that you can slowly expand, focus on research, there is your money generator.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
actualy it us very easy, at first just focus to get any serum researched by you own, and then just hure one girl for purchrase of supplies, steph you allready have for research, third for production and fourth for selling or you can sell manualy, later in game you will have encouter with your ex, which you can hire to be your sales girl.
even with that "big" staff you should earn some money without you manualy doing anything (well, expect doing hr work so efficency dont suffer).
after that you can slowly expand, focus on research, there is your money generator.
My strategy is as follows:
  • When creating the hero, I invest heavily in charisma (to the max) and sex skills, completely ignoring the job skills;
  • First, I spend $500 of the initial $1k to buy the first batch size extension. I then help Steph to research the primitive serum and basic medical application. Once I have both, I have her research something else, create my first money making serum (primitive production + BMA) and switch her to researching that. Once the goal is within her reach I switch to recruitment, getting two suppliers (the Save/Load spell can be used to get the 40 points one, it's time consuming but doable). Once Steph is done she's back to her research, the production gets switched to the money making serum, and I'm hiring two producers. With this strategy I'm able to sell my first batch of serums on Friday the first week - crucial if you want to have the $100 for your mom this night. So now I have Steph in research, two suppliers, two producers, and myself in any other role as needed;
  • Second, I buy the first company expansion policy. The two additional employees go into supply and production. Now I have to spend some more time organizing my business, but the payoff is better as well;
  • Once I'm able to buy another company extension, I hire three more employees: a supplier, a producer, and a HR, so I don't need to spend a lot of time organizing my business any more. It's important to get the HR girl with at least 38 points in HR efficiency, as she'll stay with you for the rest of the game. I also increase the serum batch size to 8 as soon as possible. Now I can concentrate on selling the product, the rest of the company is working without my help.
  • Once I have enough money, I buy all the recruitment improvements except batch size (the save/load spell takes care of too limited a pool). When I can afford that, I buy the next company expansion (to 18 employees). Usually I also have enough technology already to design my second money maker serum, Improved production + BMA + Medical Testing Procedures, and have Steph research this. Once that's done, the production gets switched to it. In the meantime I usually also have my first internal use serum, so Steph can research that, and also I'm already in contact with both Alexia and my former boss (forgot her name). When the third company extension is bought, the new employees go into marketing (Alexia), supply (3), production (2) and research (2). Once that's done, the company is running itself, and I only need to do what needs to be done to raise my skills.
  • The last company expansion allows me to hire a new marketing girl (Alexia will not manage to sell everything you produce, especially if you keep producing cheap serums for too long) and a new science girl; the rest of the slots goes 50/50 into supply and production, with supply side being just ahead of production in terms of total efficiency.
FYI: I don't have a degree in economics.

Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
My strategy is as follows:
  • When creating the hero, I invest heavily in charisma (to the max) and sex skills, completely ignoring the job skills;
  • First, I spend $500 of the initial $1k to buy the first batch size extension. I then help Steph to research the primitive serum and basic medical application. Once I have both, I have her research something else, create my first money making serum (primitive production + BMA) and switch her to researching that. Once the goal is within her reach I switch to recruitment, getting two suppliers (the Save/Load spell can be used to get the 40 points one, it's time consuming but doable). Once Steph is done she's back to her research, the production gets switched to the money making serum, and I'm hiring two producers. With this strategy I'm able to sell my first batch of serums on Friday the first week - crucial if you want to have the $100 for your mom this night. So now I have Steph in research, two suppliers, two producers, and myself in any other role as needed;
  • Second, I buy the first company expansion policy. The two additional employees go into supply and production. Now I have to spend some more time organizing my business, but the payoff is better as well;
  • Once I'm able to buy another company extension, I hire three more employees: a supplier, a producer, and a HR, so I don't need to spend a lot of time organizing my business any more. It's important to get the HR girl with at least 38 points in HR efficiency, as she'll stay with you for the rest of the game. I also increase the serum batch size to 8 as soon as possible. Now I can concentrate on selling the product, the rest of the company is working without my help.
  • Once I have enough money, I buy all the recruitment improvements except batch size (the save/load spell takes care of too limited a pool). When I can afford that, I buy the next company expansion (to 18 employees). Usually I also have enough technology already to design my second money maker serum, Improved production + BMA + Medical Testing Procedures, and have Steph research this. Once that's done, the production gets switched to it. In the meantime I usually also have my first internal use serum, so Steph can research that, and also I'm already in contact with both Alexia and my former boss (forgot her name). When the third company extension is bought, the new employees go into marketing (Alexia), supply (3), production (2) and research (2). Once that's done, the company is running itself, and I only need to do what needs to be done to raise my skills.
  • The last company expansion allows me to hire a new marketing girl (Alexia will not manage to sell everything you produce, especially if you keep producing cheap serums for too long) and a new science girl; the rest of the slots goes 50/50 into supply and production, with supply side being just ahead of production in terms of total efficiency.
FYI: I don't have a degree in economics.
I give you 98% for this nice sum-up. 2 percent off because you forgot Nora's name ;)

JoshuaDADAD

Apr 14, 2018
Redownloading the game won't help if you're still loading that damaged save. The game is saved not only in the game folder, it's also saved somewhere in your home directory (AppData/...something on Windows, ~/.renpy/...something on Linux), so even if you remove the game dir, the damaged save game still stays.

Starting a new game will help you, though. or the last command Trollden wrote:
Python:
mc.business.research_progress = Business.research_progress
Where do I find and transfer all the exports for the outfits I made in my other saves for my new game?

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Where do I find and transfer all the exports for the outfits I made in my other saves for my new game?
As for finding the exported outfits, by default they're saved in the game directory, with a name like ExportedOutfits.xml or something similar.
As for importing, you don't. There's no import functionality in the base game. You need to use the mod for it to work.

Reactions: JoshuaDADAD

JoshuaDADAD

Apr 14, 2018
As for finding the exported outfits, by default they're saved in the game directory, with a name like ExportedOutfits.xml or something similar.
As for importing, you don't. There's no import functionality in the base game. You need to use the mod for it to work.
Ok thanks, so which mod can I use to import my wardrobes?

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes