Alex Mars

Mar 3, 2019
hey I'm trying to change the default energy can anyone help me
Umodded game:
  • Navigate to <lab rats dir>\game
  • Open script.rpy with your favourite editor
  • edit line 1310:
Code:
self.max_energy = 100 #Your physical energy. Mainly consumed by having sex, slowly comes back during the day (with some actions speeding this up), and a lot of it returns at the end of the day
Do not change the intend!

HTH, Cheers Alex

Milkman69

Nov 2, 2017
Umodded game:
  • Navigate to <lab rats dir>\game
  • Open script.rpy with your favourite editor
  • edit line 1310:
Code:
self.max_energy = 100 #Your physical energy. Mainly consumed by having sex, slowly comes back during the day (with some actions speeding this up), and a lot of it returns at the end of the day
Do not change the intend!

HTH, Cheers Alex
That raises the player's max energy. But he's looking to raise the max energy of every single woman in the game simultaneously.

Reactions: EquineHung

elhombre

Jun 6, 2017
I know how to edit xml files , but that was not the question.. maybe I should rephrase.

How to import outfits from the previous "Exported_wardrobe.xml" into game Outfit manager ? YES = How? /NO = Ok ;)

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
I know how to edit xml files , but that was not the question.. maybe I should rephrase.

How to import outfits from the previous "Exported_wardrobe.xml" into game Outfit manager ? YES = How? /NO = Ok ;)
The only way I know is with the Outfit Manager of the mod.

Cheers
Matt

Reactions: elhombre

Gentoo

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2019
It's been a long time since I've played this game, I was a fan of Lab Rats and tried LR2 when it first came out. I think it had 4 skin colors back then set at 25% each on spawns which I modded to reflect a more accurate and natural US population. There wasn't much content and I just hadn't tried it again until this week. I'm not going to do a review as I haven't played it without using mods or the bug fixes which I wouldn't suggest anyone do either, modding my energy to 1200 max at times wasn't quite enough although I guess I could have simply gave them all pay raises! lol

hre83276

May 15, 2018
Hey dev thanks for implementing every clothing idea I wrote in here. I have tons of other ideas but for the sake of making it simple just go to yandy dot com then you'll have more ideas for your designs that I can ever hope to list.
Keep it up. Now given that you can make their boobs bigger what this game needs is a separate facility dedicated to milk production. With a milking harness design, using the face down ass up position. Just an idea.

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
I played and love Lab Rats. Go to play Lab Rats 2 and well the UI sucks the girls are off in a window that is never centered and they are never center in the window the making of serum is bad. I don't really care that you can never seen the MC as i said love the 1st game but it would be nice to see the girls with something not just gaping holes. Lab Rats quirky girls alway to the side was something you could get use to due to the writing but for Lab Rats 2 the UI and the new window for the girls makes this unplayable. I will not do a review for this game due to it being a work in progress and i feel that based on the first game you may get the problems taken care of BUT please take care of them i don't want to wait until Lab Rats 3 Next Gen to come back to this world. (note dev never said there would be a 3 jut pointing out that some devs do that kind of thing)

Reactions: EquineHung

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
I played and love Lab Rats. Go to play Lab Rats 2 and well the UI sucks the girls are off in a window that is never centered and they are never center in the window the making of serum is bad. I don't really care that you can never seen the MC as i said love the 1st game but it would be nice to see the girls with something not just gaping holes. Lab Rats quirky girls alway to the side was something you could get use to due to the writing but for Lab Rats 2 the UI and the new window for the girls makes this unplayable. I will not do a review for this game due to it being a work in progress and i feel that based on the first game you may get the problems taken care of BUT please take care of them i don't want to wait until Lab Rats 3 Next Gen to come back to this world. (note dev never said there would be a 3 jut pointing out that some devs do that kind of thing)
The mods do add the UI that actually works... But I agree, Vren really needs to do something about the default UI,"modders fixed that" is not a good long-term development strategy, as, umm... A certain AAA studio had shown last year.

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
Despite all it's flaws, I'm a big fan of this game. It's surprisingly fun to slowly corrupt your workplace I think.
One thing I noticed playing the newest version, I transferred one of my starting employees to HR before getting the Childhood Friend event (forgot her name) and now I'm on maybe day 150 and she never showed up. Anyone know if this is intentional? Seems like the 'Create HR Director position' is unavailable now (it's there but greyed out, maybe I just have to unlock more Organisation policies first I guess)

Reactions: electricat

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
Despite all it's flaws, I'm a big fan of this game. It's surprisingly fun to slowly corrupt your workplace I think.
One thing I noticed playing the newest version, I transferred one of my starting employees to HR before getting the Childhood Friend event (forgot her name) and now I'm on maybe day 150 and she never showed up. Anyone know if this is intentional? Seems like the 'Create HR Director position' is unavailable now (it's there but greyed out, maybe I just have to unlock more Organisation policies first I guess)
You know "childhood friend" event is not part of the base game right?

MahBah

Jul 13, 2017
Is HR Director even something in the vanilla game?

BTW, does anyone know when Vren plans to write out and implement the "new house rules" as they are titled in role_mother.rpy? Here's a screenshot of some of it.

Mubu5Reborn

Sep 30, 2017
BTW, does anyone know when Vren plans to write out and implement the "new house rules" as they are titled in role_mother.rpy? Here's a screenshot of some of it.
Wouldn't know but I'm curious as to what editor that is.

How do you make serum, ive been playing for so long and still cant figure it out
You first have to research serum traits in the R&D section. Then after having a few traits or just one (i like to start with the money one), you have to create a new serum design (found in the R&D section) where you assign the serum design as a research topic. When it is done researching you'll be given a heads up that a serum is finished. Do whatever you want (insist on a test or not) then head to the Production section and you can assign serum to be produced and made.

Important to note, for any researching to go on or producing to go on. You'll have to have
A. Employees assigned to the relevant sections
or
B. Choose the respective action that progresses what you want (spend time researching/producing serum)

Rinse and repeat and soon you'll get the hang of it and figure out what works best. Side effects are the most interesting because they can also give you something positive :D

Reactions: JoshuaDADAD

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
That is why it is bad Ren'py was not made for that. While it is nice to see someone trying to push the engine it would have been better to use Unity. Trying to do too much you lose the focus.

MahBah

Jul 13, 2017
Wouldn't know but I'm curious as to what editor that is.
It is renpy's own, gotten on their homepage .

Once it is downloaded, you open it up and press on "options.rpy" in the menu under "Edit File", then you can select the file you want to look at.

I really reccomend having some sort of editor for this game, it helps with finding out requirements for certain events, fiddling with them, changing things etc.

I could change my max stamina, the chances of the husband showing up at the fuck date, and find out what Vren plans to do with some characters further down the line.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes