srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
It is renpy's own, gotten on their homepage .

Once it is downloaded, you open it up and press on "options.rpy" in the menu under "Edit File", then you can select the file you want to look at.

I really reccomend having some sort of editor for this game, it helps with finding out requirements for certain events, fiddling with them, changing things etc.

I could change my max stamina, the chances of the husband showing up at the fuck date, and find out what Vren plans to do with some characters further down the line.
What is "renpy's own" editor? I once some time ago downloaded the SDK, and I do not remember an editor included. Instead, as it appears still in the current version, they offer links to three editors for three platforms, between which the user can/must choose.

I use Notepad++, however. Not Python or RenPy native, but still a good editor. Totally sufficient to mod a game.

hipsterding

Jun 4, 2017
So, I'm facing a little bit of an issue... I'm getting a lot of "Out of Memory" errors when trying to save.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I opened up my task manager, and found that the game is using anywhere from ~500 MB to just under 1 GB of RAM. It only fails when it uses more than 600 MB of RAM.

Any ideas?

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
So, I'm facing a little bit of an issue... I'm getting a lot of "Out of Memory" errors when trying to save.

I opened up my task manager, and found that the game is using anywhere from ~500 MB to just under 1 GB of RAM. It only fails when it uses more than 600 MB of RAM.

Any ideas?
Hmm, that should be fixed AFAIK in the current built - you might try and install the bugfix unless you already tried that, link can be found here: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/

hipsterding

Jun 4, 2017
Hmm, that should be fixed AFAIK in the current built - you might try and install the bugfix unless you already tried that, link can be found here: https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/
Unfortunately, I am using the bugfix. I can try grabbing a fresh copy and see if that helps.

EDIT: It did not. :(

EDIT 2: I found this I'm fine with starting a new game to test it out.

Last edited:

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Unfortunately, I am using the bugfix. I can try grabbing a fresh copy and see if that helps.

EDIT: It did not. :(

EDIT 2: I found this I'm fine with starting a new game to test it out.
Try going into the preferences and disable animations if you have not done that yet.

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
Actually really surprised the 'mod and bugs fix' link on main page lets this game/version playable! Turned off the broken animations, seems like a lot less game breaking bugs even the ones that show, you can ignore and roll past it.

Hats off to them.

Reactions: czertik

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I loved Lab Rats, however I disliked quite a lot Lab Rats 2. Way too confusing.

One question though, were the models at least improved? The mechanics weren't the best but I understand since it was near beta. But models not being that great also didn't help. They keep being the same or were improved? If they were improved I'm willing to give another try.

JoshuaDADAD

Apr 14, 2018
Why can't I research anything, I am both trying to master traits and create designs and I make them "spend time researching in the lab" and it doesn't progress any of my designs or traits. Also how do I hire my family or other people to the job?

JoshuaDADAD

Apr 14, 2018
I've tried the mc.business.research_progress(9999999,999999,99999)) to try to cheat the research progress but I don't think im putting it in right because I'm getting errors so is there any correct way of putting it in? I'm doing this because I don't know how to research within the game nor create any serum due to that soo I could really use some help getting through this process. Please and thank you

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Why can't I research anything, I am both trying to master traits and create designs and I make them "spend time researching in the lab" and it doesn't progress any of my designs or traits. Also how do I hire my family or other people to the job?
Make sure you assign a research project first.
  1. Assign some trait as a research project
  2. Do research until completed
  3. (either repeat 1 and 2 for more traits or) Create a new serum design from your researched traits
  4. Assign the new design as the new research project
  5. Do research until completed
That'll give you 1 dose of the new serum (unless you use it for testing). Now you can move on to production and ensuring the supplies keep coming in.

JoshuaDADAD

Apr 14, 2018
Make sure you assign a research project first.
  1. Assign some trait as a research project
  2. Do research until completed
  3. (either repeat 1 and 2 for more traits or) Create a new serum design from your researched traits
  4. Assign the new design as the new research project
  5. Do research until completed
That'll give you 1 dose of the new serum (unless you use it for testing). Now you can move on to production and ensuring the supplies keep coming in.
I attempted to continuously research but each time it doesn't go up in number at all

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
I attempted to continuously research but each time it doesn't go up in number at all
Do you have a Head Researcher? (Yes, unless you have fired or moved Stephanie)
Do you have more than zero in your Intelligence, Focus or Research Skill stats? (Check your Character Sheet)

If I am reading the function correctly you should be passively gaining research progress due to your Head Researcher and other Research Staff, but you need to qualify for the second question to manually help the progress with the "Spend time researching in the lab" action.
research_amount = __builtin__.round(((3*mc.int) + (mc.focus) + (2*mc.research_skill) + 10) * (mc.business.team_effectiveness))/100

Note that progress will be halted during the weekends except from your manual contribution due to no researchers being present.

EDIT: Missed the +10 in there so you should be making slight progress unless your company efficency is also at 0%, if that is the case then fix it by organizing your business in the Main Office or by hiring someone for the HR Department.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoshuaDADAD

JoshuaDADAD

Apr 14, 2018
Do you have a Head Researcher? (Yes, unless you have fired or moved Stephanie)
Do you have more than zero in your Intelligence, Focus or Research Skill stats? (Check your Character Sheet)

If I am reading the function correctly you should be passively gaining research progress due to your Head Researcher and other Research Staff, but you need to qualify for the second question to manually help the progress with the "Spend time researching in the lab" action.
research_amount = __builtin__.round(((3*mc.int) + (mc.focus) + (2*mc.research_skill) + 10) * (mc.business.team_effectiveness))/100

Note that progress will be halted during the weekends except from your manual contribution due to no researchers being present.

EDIT: Missed the +10 in there so you should be making slight progress unless your company efficency is also at 0%, if that is the case then fix it by organizing your business in the Main Office or by hiring someone for the HR Department.
I do have a head researcher with more than 0 in all three of those stats, yet each time I attempt to advance my research or use a command it doesn't increase any of the research progress. I also don't have any passive increases as well.
1583250088869.png
This also shows up everytime I click advance.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes