Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I dont know if the Bugfix on Page 1 works with v0.36.1 so I havent tried it.

Edit: Ok, so it happend I found in the Option Menu, that I can turn off the Animations and you guessed it. Now its working. But a Report is a Report :D
I'm not having the issue but I can probably tell you why I don't.
I save and quit the game rather often. Restarting and loading the game.
why:
It appears to be an out of memory error.
python 2.7, which this game is built on, has a 2Gb memory limit.
If you watch task manager while you play you will see each time you see another girl the memory in use goes up.
One of the biggest issues with Renpy is they didn't build in an asset manager worth a shit. It appears they rely on python to clean it up.

If you want to see how bad renpy really is: open the game and task manager. Then start reloading the exact same save file over and over again. You will see your memory size keeps increasing. The reason is they don't fully clear and free all the memory from the previous game. If it was written correctly or worth a damn. Loading the same game file would result in you having exactly the same amount of memory in use.

The only exception to that should be if the language / compiler has a bug that causes a memory leak. You can tell that isn't an issue with python when it is used correctly because other programs using the same version do not have that issue.
You could blame it on Renpy or the developer of lab rats.
Either way to avoid this issue, saving and shutting the game down fully and reloading is advise able and pay attention to the memory usage.

Also what you have opened / running can effect it even though it is supposed to be in its own memory space.

Gavote

Jun 3, 2017
Also what you have opened / running can effect it even though it is supposed to be in its own memory space.
Okay, I knew about the garbage collection and memory limit issues, but I was not aware that it didn't properly sandbox the memory.

ghostmaster

Jul 7, 2020
im not sure how this could be categorized as....flaw in the game or bug
IF you look on review staff theres no option to select a specific staff to FIRE them
sure you can manually goto any area in the work place click on individual staff members and fire them through there
ahhh...BUT what happens IF and WHEN theres no staff there to click on?
i knocked up 15 staff around sametime as i wanted to test out a serum pregnancy acceleration
one by one they left all around same time and then after a while you see them calling you about having a baby and they are leaving with their mom,etc BUT they never return to work
so then after waiting for a while goto hire more staff and i cant because im maxed at 38 staff and with 15 gone im left with 23
and cant go any higher then 23 BECAUSE of my 15 staff that vanished and no way to fire them so i can replace them so...
(cough)makes you wonder why the tab for review staff is in the game in the fist place when it seems rather useless without options to do anything there
like geeee i dunno FIRE PEOPLE
It's pregnancy leave, you can't fire them for legal reasons)))

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
ok im working on the nora traits now ...stephanie is maxed obedience ...5 yellow hearts her int is 5
when i click on her and scroll down her list "ask about advancing your research" requires what looks like it says 140 obedience
and 5 int....she has way more then enough BUT yet its grayed out and cant click for THAT quest any ideas?
ALSO ive read others having problem with trying to research the nora trait ...i to done the same as others have which is to JUST research the nora trait and after a hour real life time clicking i came here to see if anyone else had same probs....of course there was then someone responded something about making a serum with the nora trait and something with side effects to go wih it
ive made a couple different ones and still cant get my head around it can someone try to help?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
ok im working on the nora traits now ...stephanie is maxed obedience ...5 yellow hearts her int is 5
when i click on her and scroll down her list "ask about advancing your research" requires what looks like it says 140 obedience
and 5 int....she has way more then enough BUT yet its grayed out and cant click for THAT quest any ideas?
Hearts measure sluttiness, not obedience. Core sluttiness maxes out at 100, there's no such cap to obedience.

You could try giving Stephanie an obedience and intelligence boosting serum, see if that helps.

ALSO ive read others having problem with trying to research the nora trait ...i to done the same as others have which is to JUST research the nora trait and after a hour real life time clicking i came here to see if anyone else had same probs....of course there was then someone responded something about making a serum with the nora trait and something with side effects to go wih it
ive made a couple different ones and still cant get my head around it can someone try to help?
Don't research Nora's traits. Instead, make a serum with the trait (+ whichever other traits you want to improve), give it to someone, and talk to them (small talk/compliment/flirt) as much as you can manage while they're under the influence.

Each time you talk to someone under the influence of a serum trait, you study that trait, improving your mastery of it by 0.2. At 15 energy a pop, 150 energy will buy you +2 mastery.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hearts measure sluttiness, not obedience. Core sluttiness maxes out at 100, there's no such cap to obedience.

You could try giving Stephanie an obedience and intelligence boosting serum, see if that helps.

Don't research Nora's traits. Instead, make a serum with the trait (+ whichever other traits you want to improve), give it to someone, and talk to them (small talk/compliment/flirt) as much as you can manage while they're under the influence.

Each time you talk to someone under the influence of a serum trait, you study that trait, improving your mastery of it by 0.2. At 15 energy a pop, 150 energy will buy you +2 mastery.
cool thanks

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I'm not having the issue but I can probably tell you why I don't.
I save and quit the game rather often. Restarting and loading the game.
why:
It appears to be an out of memory error.
python 2.7, which this game is built on, has a 2Gb memory limit.
If you watch task manager while you play you will see each time you see another girl the memory in use goes up.
One of the biggest issues with Renpy is they didn't build in an asset manager worth a shit. It appears they rely on python to clean it up.

If you want to see how bad renpy really is: open the game and task manager. Then start reloading the exact same save file over and over again. You will see your memory size keeps increasing. The reason is they don't fully clear and free all the memory from the previous game. If it was written correctly or worth a damn. Loading the same game file would result in you having exactly the same amount of memory in use.

The only exception to that should be if the language / compiler has a bug that causes a memory leak. You can tell that isn't an issue with python when it is used correctly because other programs using the same version do not have that issue.
You could blame it on Renpy or the developer of lab rats.
Either way to avoid this issue, saving and shutting the game down fully and reloading is advise able and pay attention to the memory usage.

It's actually related to bad programming, the save-system uses cPickle to determine what has changed in an object so the state can be stored in your save game. But, when a programmer writes circular references into his objects, this cPickle starts to run in a loop, although there is a mechanism in place to determine if an object has already been 'scanned', this causes the memory usage to slowly (or fast when it's really bad) increase. Also the decomposition of this structure takes more and more time, causing the game to slowdown.

Reactions: Diconica

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
It's actually related to bad programming, the save-system uses cPickle to determine what has changed in an object so the state can be stored in your save game. But, when a programmer writes circular references into his objects, this cPickle starts to run in a loop, although there is a mechanism in place to determine if an object has already been 'scanned', this causes the memory usage to slowly (or fast when it's really bad) increase. Also the decomposition of this structure takes more and more time, causing the game to slowdown.
Something related to python being buggy, never would have guessed that.
Thanks for the info.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020

You can actually raise slutiness above 100 it just doesn't show you more hearts. It also comes down relatively fast.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
anyone still having the bug when staff birth, but not return to work?

does anyone know a fix forthis
It's related to the schedule and how a copy is made and stored in the_person dictionary (it creates object references), so when the schedule is changed for pregnancy (her staying at home), it in effect also changes the stored copy that is restored when she should return to work, but since that copy was also altered, she will remain at home.
The bugfix/mod from the OP doesn't have this problem and it works there as intended.

LewdGanglia

Dec 13, 2020
I made some questions on the mod thread since I am unsure which content applies to base or mod but since I didn't get a reply there I will ask here too.

1 - Can you use a potion that gives suggestibility AFTER a sex encounter and still get core sluttiness the next day?
2- Is there a way to set how lengthy pregnancy is through cheats or editing a file?
3 - Does this game feature or will feature super accelerated growth of children to adulthood to show up in game later?
4- Can I prune the amount of girls after a certain amount? Say something like "I am not interested in you" and they are removed from the game for performance.
5 - I hired Alex to work in marketing and she would take photographs for ads. She was unhappy and asked me to double her salary so I refused and she quit, I was hoping to re-hire her later when she was happier by seducing but there's no such option. Using cheats to put her back in the company she will not do the photoshoots anymore. Any way to fix this?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I made some questions on the mod thread since I am unsure which content applies to base or mod but since I didn't get a reply there I will ask here too.

1 - Can you use a potion that gives suggestibility AFTER a sex encounter and still get core sluttiness the next day?
Don't see why not. As long as the temp sluttiness is still there, there's a chance of it being converted to core. Easier to give the potion beforehand though.

2- Is there a way to set how lengthy pregnancy is through cheats or editing a file?
There are several serum traits that accelerate pregnancy, the most extreme of which advances the ticker by a day every turn. Making that part of your employees' daily dosis should speed things up nicely. If you want to edit it further, look at this bit in game\game_roles\role_pregnant.rpy (note that all these values are set when the_person first becomes pregnant):

Code:
    def become_pregnant(the_person): # Called when a girl is knocked up. Establishes all of the nessesary bits of info.
        the_person.event_triggers_dict["immaculate_conception"] = the_person.has_taboo("vaginal_sex") #TODO: Add this, and a path where she doesn't think it's yours: and (the_person.relationship = "Single" and (the_person.effective_sluttiness() < 40 or the_person.love > 40)) or the_person.love > 80: #Doesn't even know how it happend!
        the_person.event_triggers_dict["preg_accident"] = the_person.on_birth_control # If a girl is on birth control the pregnancy is an accident.
        the_person.event_triggers_dict["preg_start_date"] = day
        the_person.event_triggers_dict["preg_tits_date"] = day + 21 + renpy.random.randint(0,7)
        the_person.event_triggers_dict["preg_transform_day"] = day + 90 + renpy.random.randint(0,15)
        the_person.event_triggers_dict["preg_finish_announce_day"] = day + 260 + renpy.random.randint(0,15)
        the_person.event_triggers_dict["pre_preg_tits"] = the_person.tits
3 - Does this game feature or will feature super accelerated growth of children to adulthood to show up in game later?
Nope and highly unlikely, I'd say. Sounds like a sure-fire way of getting in trouble with Patreon.

5 - I hired Alex to work in marketing and she would take photographs for ads. She was unhappy and asked me to double her salary so I refused and she quit, I was hoping to re-hire her later when she was happier by seducing but there's no such option. Using cheats to put her back in the company she will not do the photoshoots anymore. Any way to fix this?
Did you assign her to the company model job?

LewdGanglia

Dec 13, 2020
Thanks for the replies!
Easier to give the potion beforehand though.
Sometimes I cannot give potions but after sex/time passes an event pops up allowing it and their temporary sluttiness is still high.

Nope and highly unlikely, I'd say. Sounds like a sure-fire way of getting in trouble with Patreon.
Doesn't the base game already have a lot of incest? If so it should not be an issue if they are fully adult. Or is the family a mod thing?

Did you assign her to the company model job?
I did not see such option when giving her a role after using the cheat command.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Doesn't the base game already have a lot of incest? If so it should not be an issue if they are fully adult. Or is the family a mod thing?
Technically incest is against he community guidelines

As for them being adults that is a bit of a mixed bag.
If the age of the individual is less than 18 regardless of appearance it is against the rules and law.
Appearance, is a little more gray. Technically legally any image they can determine is a child or less than 18 would be illegal.
However, not every adult looks the same so..

To be 100% safe you would need to account for age and appearance.
The idea that a person experience over the 18 years of time is what makes them an adult.
There are two ways I can think of to easily account for that time in a short term. First is magic.
By science you could borrow from the fact some families send their kids off to schools.
Now what if that school was in a temporal zone in which time flowed 30 times faster.
So they go to school for 5 days but for the child its effectively 5 months. Visit the parents over the weekend.
It wouldn't take a full year for them to become adults. Well that would however only account for time they go to school the years leading up to school age on the other hand would be different.
Of course you'll have mental issues ripping a child from their parents 5 months at a time.

LewdGanglia

Dec 13, 2020
Yes, my point is that if there is already incest, adding more won't change a thing.

And about solution for growth: could be an incubator that gives accelerated education/life lessons in VR while daughter is growing inside and will come out fully adult in mind and appearance.

But I guess this is too much sci-fi and creators will not like the idea.

TS2016

May 7, 2017

As for them being adults that is a bit of a mixed bag.
If the age of the individual is less than 18 regardless of appearance it is against the rules and law.
Appearance, is a little more gray. Technically legally any image they can determine is a child or less than 18 would be illegal.
However, not every adult looks the same so..

To be 100% safe you would need to account for age and appearance.
The idea that a person experience over the 18 years of time is what makes them an adult.
There are two ways I can think of to easily account for that time in a short term. First is magic.
By science you could borrow from the fact some families send their kids off to schools.
Now what if that school was in a temporal zone in which time flowed 30 times faster.
So they go to school for 5 days but for the child its effectively 5 months. Visit the parents over the weekend.
It wouldn't take a full year for them to become adults. Well that would however only account for time they go to school the years leading up to school age on the other hand would be different.
Of course you'll have mental issues ripping a child from their parents 5 months at a time.
Also remember there is serums to speed up the pregnancy period so in theory you could create serum that speeds up child growth/ development so they are adult in # of days instead of normal years.

Apr 21, 2018
Also remember there is serums to speed up the pregnancy period so in theory you could create serum that speeds up child growth/ development so they are adult in # of days instead of normal years.
That's just grooming but much, much worse. Honestly the whole thing is deviant AF.

Edit: I regreted this immediately.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes