zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
Is there unavoidable NTR during Jennifer's storyline?
I believe there is no NTR there UNLESS you encourage her to be flirty with her boss and use sex appeal at work, and really it's more hints of NTR than actual descriptions of it. Well, unless you really push her into it.

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
Will wait with the v0.40 first. After the update debacle with v0.39, he will probably not have added a lot of new features. The v0.41 could be interesting again, because he wants to use the new RenPy version. But there is still a long way to go.

Chimp :D

Jan 18, 2020
honestly I think the clarity systems is an interesting addition, not as bad as i thought it was gonna be.

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
Will wait with the v0.40 first. After the update debacle with v0.39, he will probably not have added a lot of new features. The v0.41 could be interesting again, because he wants to use the new RenPy version. But there is still a long way to go.
He's never cared about previous "update debacles", so why would he do it now? As the dev explains on Patreon, he didn't add much new content as he didn't have time for it as he concentrated on coding the new testing suite. I haven't tested the new version yet, nor even gone through the code to see if it makes any sense, but I don't have much confidence in VREN to actually write bug-free code. There, after all, is a good reason why there's an unofficial bugfix project going on....

I'm expecting bugs galore with v0.41 as he starts using the latest Ren'Py version.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
e: There's very little new content.
True. What's being added (and trust me, this is huge), is the unit testing framework, along with a bunch of unit tests. It allows checking for bugs in the code very early in a release cycle, so that'll hopefully reduce the number of bugs significantly. The unit testing code is wholly "behind the scenes" though, so we won't see the new code in action directly. What we will see, however, is much less bugs.

That's what I hope for, at least.

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
i usually edit base game to allow 100 in each stat and give 250 in stat points 450 in work points and 350 in sex points

i also up stam max to 1000

shooter682

Feb 28, 2019
i usually edit base game to allow 100 in each stat and give 250 in stat points 450 in work points and 350 in sex points

i also up stam max to 1000
Did you see that Tristim has redone the mod so that there is a max and min on most values. I am currently using the Beta version on 0.4 and to get around the slider max or min points use the console mode or Shift O.

Apr 21, 2018
Did you see that Tristim has redone the mod so that there is a max and min on most values. I am currently using the Beta version on 0.4 and to get around the slider max or min points use the console mode or Shift O.
TBH I don't think the game works well with stats 7+. At 7 the productivity of a production worker with all batch size upgrades unlocked more than pays for 5 other employees. And sex skills also causes climax far too often (anything beyond foreplay can instantly climax the girls each time). Personally 8 is my max.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
True. What's being added (and trust me, this is huge), is the unit testing framework, along with a bunch of unit tests. It allows checking for bugs in the code very early in a release cycle, so that'll hopefully reduce the number of bugs significantly. The unit testing code is wholly "behind the scenes" though, so we won't see the new code in action directly. What we will see, however, is much less bugs.

That's what I hope for, at least.
Unit tests:
I've programmed for more than 35 years. In that time I wrote ZERO unit tests. Rather than me go on about my experience I'll save it for someone to ask. But here is a good video that does cover some of the issues.

In general I have found if people are relying on unit testing they generally have the fundamentals wrong in how they program.
I've consulted a number of companies over the years most the time that's where the issues start.
Even when they do start off using unit testing for the right reasons almost always it leads to a worse product over time. The focus shifts from creating a great product to meeting the test requirements.

Most of this developers issues could have been caught with software to catch inconsistencies between function definitions and calls and so on and organizing his code better. He's already organizing his code better.

If I was to bet all the unit testing he's adding in is going to end up more of a hindrance in time than do any good.
Any time he makes a change to something that is also tested he will need to also change the unit test.
I can only imagine mods that effect unit tested code are also going to have issues.
If that is the case the people writing mods will not just have to write mods code but code to mod the unit tests as well.

Anyway well see.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Unit tests:
I've programmed for more than 35 years. In that time I wrote ZERO unit tests. Rather than me go on about my experience I'll save it for someone to ask.
I've programmed for more than 30 years myself, and I wouldn't be able to achieve as much as I did without unit tests. But this is not the place to discuss pros and cons, I've sent you a PM instead.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
I think the clarity system blocks emergent strategy, and non-standard approaches.
From a game-design point of view, it shoehorns you into the one true way of playing the game.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes