Helger

Dec 2, 2017
So from perspective of a regular player:
He added some tools, that help quickly catch bugs. They were implemented and always working in 0.40 ("vanila", as you said), and after were disabled (but not deleted from code) in 40.1, right??

If so, I don't see anything bad about it. In fact: it even sounds better, cuz' other people (modders and others) can use it for the same reason.
Again: only if I understood it correctly :/
Sorry, but you got it wrong. The v0.40 is the first release that people who pay for it get. After a week the v0.40.1 will be out for everyone. There are no differences between them.
I meant the v0.40.1 + bug fix which is also offered here:

If you want to know what has changed, please have a look here:

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Sorry, but you got it wrong. The v0.40 is the first release that people who pay for it get. After a week the v0.40.1 will be out for everyone. There are no differences between them.
I meant the v0.40.1 + bug fix which is also offered here:

If you want to know what has changed, please have a look here:
I mostly asked about this:
- Added Unit Testing framework

I was kinda interested about what and why about it.

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
Heres a collection of info/console commands gleaned from trial and error + other users here etc (i take no credit):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
EDIT: Since its been linked to the front page i will try to keep this updated. If you think something is missing, drop me a PM.

The section on interesting script edits appears to be no longer valid. None of the mentioned text pieces exist in my script.rpy

Reactions: Jaxter

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
The section on interesting script edits appears to be no longer valid. None of the mentioned text pieces exist in my script.rpy
That's because most of the code has been moved out of script.rpy into its own perspective folders and files.
Get a copy of notepad++
use the "file search" option.
Tell it to search for the term in the game directory and all sub directories and set the file filter to *.rpy

You will start finding stuff again.

Reactions: Harabec

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
That's because most of the code has been moved out of script.rpy into its own perspective folders and files.
Get a copy of notepad++
use the "file search" option.
Tell it to search for the term in the game directory and all sub directories and set the file filter to *.rpy

You will start finding stuff again.
ok cool thx.

Reactions: Diconica

Roguesage

Mar 5, 2018
how do you carry serum ?? Moreover, the changelog says girls could go below 0 for the energy meter (still doesnt work for me).

Victor_dusk

Aug 3, 2019
I really don't get this game. I've been playing a couple of hours. I've not produced a single serum. I'm pissing money constantly. None of the girls are any more progressed. I can't work out how to change the corporate uniform. Or ask the girls to wear something different. And there is no walkthrough or hints as to what I should be focusing on early game. In another hour or so I'm going to be through the money I start with and then I dunno, is that game over? I'm sure there is a good game here. I'm just lost in it.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I really don't get this game. I've been playing a couple of hours. I've not produced a single serum. I'm pissing money constantly. None of the girls are any more progressed. I can't work out how to change the corporate uniform. Or ask the girls to wear something different. And there is no walkthrough or hints as to what I should be focusing on early game. In another hour or so I'm going to be through the money I start with and then I dunno, is that game over? I'm sure there is a good game here. I'm just lost in it.
There are a few guides in the thread, but Diconica wrote a pretty good guide recently here https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-40-1-vren.7260/post-4892081

There have been a few changes to the game since then, particularly the addition of the Clarity currency and Novelty value. You gain locked Clarity by experiencing sexy things, and release it by cumming. There is a multiplier based on how you cum. If you jerk off in your bedroom, you get a half I think, but if you can cum on or in a girl you get a lot more. The more times you cum with the same girl, the lower her Novelty will fall, until it's not worth as much to do the same things with her.

On your first day, it's pretty easy to molest Steph up to sucking your dick for your first batch of Clarity, which you'll need to research anything. There's also been a change to where the script.rpy lines Diconica recommends changing in the guide, which they posted a page or so back.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
There are a few guides in the thread, but Diconica wrote a pretty good guide recently here https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-40-1-vren.7260/post-4892081

There have been a few changes to the game since then, particularly the addition of the Clarity currency and Novelty value. You gain locked Clarity by experiencing sexy things, and release it by cumming. There is a multiplier based on how you cum. If you jerk off in your bedroom, you get a half I think, but if you can cum on or in a girl you get a lot more. The more times you cum with the same girl, the lower her Novelty will fall, until it's not worth as much to do the same things with her.

On your first day, it's pretty easy to molest Steph up to sucking your dick for your first batch of Clarity, which you'll need to research anything. There's also been a change to where the script.rpy lines Diconica recommends changing in the guide, which they posted a page or so back.
I probably should update it with this https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-40-1-vren.7260/post-5587517

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes