dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I updated my quick start guide for Lab rats 2 to include clarity for anyone interested.
You can get to the point you aren't hurting for money in just a few weeks.
You definitely have a very conservative playstyle but I'm happy to recommend it over mine lol. I play it very fast, buying the first serum batch upgrade policy immediately and hiring 5/5 employees who all work in R&D until the first serum is researched. For their stats I hire 2 for Supply and 2 for Production and Steph stays in R&D. I savescum a bit to get non-shit employees, though I don't worry about perfection; as long as they're close to or over 30 productivity in their job, are moderately attractive by my standards, and have more loves/likes than dislikes/hates they're fine. It gets a little sweaty one or two days skirting bankruptcy, but I'm making a profit selling Basic Meds by the end of the first week and can buy that kiss from Mom.

After that it's pretty easy to maintain a profit as long as I max efficiency every morning. I can quickly buy the first employee increase policy to get another supply and production employee each. Steph slowly works on getting a few other traits so I can make a useful serum (I usually go with suggestion + energy though the new traits are tempting) and I start saving for serum batch 2, employee count 2 (usually 1 supply, 1 R&D, and Alexia - I fill in doing production when there's extra supplies) and begin unlocking the research tiers. After that money's frankly a non-issue, so I'm glad to see new policies to waste it on.

On that topic, my first impression is that the sluttiness policies look like a trap in the early game. The first policy is worthless. Simply flirting with each girl once a day is better. The second policy is barely better, but at least it can passively raise sluttiness over 20 so it's not a complete waste of money. It won't be until you have all three unlocked that you'll get a reliable increase, but at the cost of so much company efficiency (especially if you combine it with the discipline policies) that you'll need one or two girls just for HR. But then again, by then you can probably afford wasting those slots on HR jobs.

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
I really don't get this game. I've been playing a couple of hours. I've not produced a single serum. I'm pissing money constantly. None of the girls are any more progressed. I can't work out how to change the corporate uniform. Or ask the girls to wear something different. And there is no walkthrough or hints as to what I should be focusing on early game. In another hour or so I'm going to be through the money I start with and then I dunno, is that game over? I'm sure there is a good game here. I'm just lost in it.
I am of the opinion that games with uncompromisingly high learning curves are just bad games, especially in the realm of adult games. So yeah, I think this game is very poorly designed. It was okay-ish at the beginning, but it has consistently grown unnecessarily complex over the years.

Reactions: Kreigstern

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
I am of the opinion that games with uncompromisingly high learning curves are just bad games, especially in the realm of adult games. So yeah, I think this game is very poorly designed. It was okay-ish at the beginning, but it has consistently grown unnecessarily complex over the years.
For many of us, there is no "unnecessarily" complex. Granular management games are my jam, and I enjoy the hell out of this one.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
The game is pretty easy.
I created a quick start guide its just a few above your last post and they added it to the front page below the download links.
Anyway the guide will walk you through everything you need to do to get the business up and running and solvent.

Reactions: jura7

Towaum

Aug 14, 2019
Keep getting same error each timelapse:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 411, in <module>
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Action.rpy", line 61, in is_action_enabled
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Action.rpy", line 58, in check_requirement
TypeError: 'Role' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 260, in script call
  File "general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpyc", line 135, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 411, in script
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 1845, in execute
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
  File "game/script.rpy", line 411, in <module>
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Action.rpy", line 61, in is_action_enabled
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Action.rpy", line 58, in check_requirement
TypeError: 'Role' object is not callable
Any guesses or things I could do? On Android.

bbnn

Mar 22, 2018
I don't get the purpose of clarity. I think it's bad, pretty much useless ( only for slowing down the game). But maybe it's its main use

Reactions: Jaxter

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I don't get the purpose of clarity. I think it's bad, pretty much useless ( only for slowing down the game). But maybe it's its main use
Yeah, I can't figure out its purpose either but I suspect it'll get some changes after Vren gets some feedback from his patrons. It doesn't even slow down the game, really. Aside from that first batch, which only slows my roll by one turn before I can get the research going, I haven't found myself lacking the clarity to research anything after that just through my normal play.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
I believe it's there to force you to not just sit in your lab and research all day. A way to encourage you to interact with the game. However it will probably incentivize sitting in your room masturbating all day instead.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I believe it's there to force you to not just sit in your lab and research all day. A way to encourage you to interact with the game. However it will probably incentivize sitting in your room masturbating all day instead.
Nope.
You get a lot more clarity converted if you cum in different ways. You can see the guide for how much of a difference.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-40-1-vren.7260/post-5772766

The real problem with clarity is that you will end up with crap loads of it and nothing to spend it on.
The game has that issue in general when you play it. You can end up in short order with crap loads of money and nothing to spend it on.
I wrote the guide to show how easy it is to become solvent in the game and after than there isn't a challenge.
Honestly, the game isn't challenging in the least bit. Clarity did nothing to change that.

The hardest aspect of the game is finding decent people to hire but you can still do that without using a mod by simply saving at the $50 screen and reloading till you find one.
In real life you wouldn't hire that way anyways so kind of sucks in that respect. In RL you put out an advert for someone with minimum skill sets and you go through the best candidates that show up.

This game format would lend better to a collection reward system with an expansion model to spend money on. Maybe, you start new labs in new area, having something to spend money on like new houses, furniture, clothing, cars....

It probably would be more fun and a challenge if they used a component system for the serums that you had to figure out what traits the components had and then what combinations produced what traits and then how to enhance and extend them.

That said everyone on here who whines about complexity would be upset. The fact they complain about this game being complex to start with as it is just shows they tend to be the kind of people who want shit handed to them.

Last edited:

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
Anyone know how to get Dikdok and Onlyfanatic of girls(i mean women)?

Sometimes when talking to a girl, she will announce that she has a dikdok or insta account. Not had anyone mention an onlyfanfic one yet. For dikdok and insta its based on hidden personality traits as to how likely they are to create one.

TS2016

May 7, 2017
Sometimes when talking to a girl, she will announce that she has a dikdok or insta account. Not had anyone mention an onlyfanfic one yet. For dikdok and insta its based on hidden personality traits as to how likely they are to create one.
In my game I got Ashley's and Gabrielle's Onlyfanfic.
I used to get Lily's Insta but for some reason in this version I dont get hers. Did that change?

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
In my game I got Ashley's and Gabrielle's Onlyfanfic.
I used to get Lily's Insta but for some reason in this version I dont get hers. Did that change?
In the code it is a random integer check. If you want it to happen more frequently, change the numerical check values.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes