a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Hey can someone tell me if its a bug that Nora is not appearing outside of research? What I mean is there is no option to talk to her and I have finished all the research quests
You should be able to see her during the morning and afternoon when the students are there.

ducksarecool2

Aug 22, 2018
I was playing a little bit ago and had the option on Mom to change her entire wardrobe at once. I could ask her to make it more slutty and things that that. Now the option is gone, anyone know how to get it back? I'd prefer not to have to manually change all her clothes again.

I'm using the bugfix and mod if that changes anything.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I was playing a little bit ago and had the option on Mom to change her entire wardrobe at once. I could ask her to make it more slutty and things that that. Now the option is gone, anyone know how to get it back? I'd prefer not to have to manually change all her clothes again.

I'm using the bugfix and mod if that changes anything.
In any VN/game if you are using mods in them then the best place for questions is the mod thread.
I'm not for sure but I think that is a mod option.

Reactions: ducksarecool2

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
I don't think the old outfit gets deleted, just the new outfit gets added to selection. If her obedience is high enough you can command her to change outfit

Ranker

Jul 20, 2017
This game has come a long ways. Its looking good. Just wish it had a little more gape on the pussy and ass like the original did.
In my opinion it be really cool if it had a system like a see in a few games that as you corrupt and use them more their parts become more agape and obscene. But from I noticed it seem that maybe they have a hard time drawing those parts. Like in the character poses non of them really are any sexy or chowing anything other than boobs.
I truly hope that the creator keeps working on this project as he has. In no means i mean to discourage him. Just hope he can add those for i bet many would enjoy more graphic visuals, or a system of gaping or a x-ray vision display of the act.
Thank you for you work creator and good luck.

3xtreme

Jan 5, 2017
I'm sure this has been said before, but I wish this game had better looking models (at least for the main characters). It would be on a whole different level for me.:rolleyes:

Reactions: evilfuzzyman

3xtreme

Jan 5, 2017
Alas model quality was sacrificed, probably to allow for the random character generation. Lab Rats 1 had much better graphics.
I'm not an expert on these things, but he could've at least made special renders for Mom, Sis and Aunt. I understand that sacrifices had to be made due to random characters.

Reactions: evilfuzzyman

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'm not an expert on these things, but he could've at least made special renders for Mom, Sis and Aunt. I understand that sacrifices had to be made due to random characters.
They were made.
Vren wasn't really an artist to begin with or had any experience with Model creations with this new engine.
He had improved a bit and added new models on the way (way better looking) he also remade some of the older models, like Stephanie.
But I agree that they can still be improved

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
They were made.
Vren wasn't really an artist to begin with or had any experience with Model creations with this new engine.
He had improved a bit and added new models on the way (way better looking) he also remade some of the older models, like Stephanie.
But I agree that they can still be improved
It's true, the models and variety are much improved over the early days. It's enough for me, I don't let it rile me. I like management games with corruption a lot, so it's worth playing for me.

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
I fixed a bug with the humiliating punishments.

line 838 of punishishments.rpy in \Lab_Rats_2-v0.40.1-pc\game sets the crisis removal requirements wrong.
It reads:
Python:
$ clear_action = Action("Clear employee busywork", employee_humiliating_work_role, "employee_humiliating_work_remove_requirement", args = the_person, requirement_args = [the_person, day + 7])
It should read:
Python:
$ clear_action = Action("Clear employee humiliating work", employee_humiliating_work_remove_requirement, "employee_humiliating_work_remove_label", args = the_person, requirement_args = [the_person, day + 7])
The check_requirements function is blowing up because it's expecting the requirement function to be passed for the requirement parameter, but is receiving the role instead. Likewise, it's expecting the effects parameter to receive a string (for some reason) containing the name of the removal function, but is receiving a string containing the name of the requirement function instead.

Fixing this should allow humiliating punishments to work properly. However if you already have humiliating punishment removal actions queued in the mandatory_crises_list, the fix will not address those as they were already added to the list incorrectly.

To address the previous erroneous crisis actions, I added a few lines above the is_action_enabled check in the advance_time label. It was line 411 of my script.rpy file that reads:
Python:
        if crisis.is_action_enabled():
            $ crisis.call_action()
Just above that (within the same While loop) I inserted:
Python:
        if crisis.effect == "employee_humiliating_work_remove_requirement":
            $ crisis.effect = "employee_humiliating_work_remove_label"
            $ crisis.requirement = employee_humiliating_work_remove_requirement
            $ crisis.name = "Clear employee humilating work"
That reassignment cleans any of the invalid humiliating work removal actions in mandatory_crises_list, and should become irrelevant going forward assuming the first fix I mentioned is also implemented.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't really know how to package this as a fix, but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can do that.

Last edited:

kidoman

Aug 23, 2019
This game just keeps getting better and better! Question: is there a way to prompt a girl to take control? I know they'll do it under certain circumstances, but I'm curious if there's a reliable way to make it happen. It never seems to happen with the girls that are extra obedient, so I'm guessing they won't do it on their own in that case?

Reactions: SenPC
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes