MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
A'ight so what I do is, in a general sort of order (wall of text warning):
>>Don't forget to save often, there are lots of save slots<<

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the reply. I have been doing what is described. The problem I'm having is with the line quoted here -

- You can check how many serums are available to sell in the Main Office, with "Mark serum to be sold": ONLY go to Marketing when you see 10 or more serums here

When I go to check how many serums are available, the result is always '0' even though I've been making them.

I'm going to delete all save files and start again. I'm convinced something has bugged out somewhere because in one game it was all going well until I noticed serums suddenly weren't being produced.

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
Seriously! What's going on? Brand new game, make my first serum (18) of them and they are nowhere to be found. Does it only work if someone else makes them?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Ok so I've used the search feature and read the advice. If I follow it or not the same thing happens. Here's what happens.

Research, Research, Research, Research lots of other stuff.

Buy Supplies, Buy lots and lots of Supplies.

Make Serums then make a load more.

Sell Serums and get told I haven't got any to sell.

Search everywhere and I don't have any serums after making them.

Hire workers and same thing happens.

Run out of money and game over every single time. What am I missing here before I delete this game?
You will have to go to the office and "Mark serums for sale". Lab_Rats_2 2021-07-11 07-37-03-46.jpg

Then go to the production room and mark the one's you want to sell while you make them with "All".
Lab_Rats_2 2021-07-11 07-37-16-97.jpg Lab_Rats_2 2021-07-11 07-37-26-08.jpg
After setting it to "All" they will go to straight to marketing to sell.

Remember it take well over 100 points to get the first batch to come out and again over 100 points, I have not figured out how many points are needed but it take MC 4 times to get 1 batch of serums ready.

Reactions: MC Johnsson

Warlord333

Oct 9, 2017
Seriously! What's going on? Brand new game, make my first serum (18) of them and they are nowhere to be found. Does it only work if someone else makes them?
no it works just fine but when you do make them set treshold on how much can go directly to sales. Pick up serum than sell treshold at lets say 10 than you can pick those 10 up from production menu where it says access production sockpile and transfer them to your persons

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
If the 18 you're quoting is the number listed when you work in production, i.e., it says "you generated 18 production points", then that's not the number of serums you produced. If you hover over a serum in the production queue, look for the number on the top right of its tooltip labeled "Production Cost." That's the amount of production points you need to generate before you make a batch of serums. For a simple Basic Meds serum that number should be 40 unless you got the Manual Synthesis Required malus or added other traits to the serum. Before you upgrade batch production, I think the number of serums created per batch is 6 but I could be wrong.

a1fox3 has some good screenshot instructions above but they're playing the modded version so some of that may not be correct for your game. If you're playing the vanilla game, there is no "All" setting in the auto-sell threshold field in serum production. If you don't want to have to go to the Supply room and manually mark serums for sale, you need to change that setting from "None" to any other number. For Basic Meds, for which there's no reason to keep any, I always change that to 0 so that it automatically marks all serums we produce for sale. If that setting is None, you need to do as they posted and mark serums for sale in the Supply room and THEN look for them to sell in Marketing.

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
If the 18 you're quoting is the number listed when you work in production, i.e., it says "you generated 18 production points", then that's not the number of serums you produced. If you hover over a serum in the production queue, look for the number on the top right of its tooltip labeled "Production Cost." That's the amount of production points you need to generate before you make a batch of serums. For a simple Basic Meds serum that number should be 40 unless you got the Manual Synthesis Required malus or added other traits to the serum. Before you upgrade batch production, I think the number of serums created per batch is 6 but I could be wrong.

a1fox3 has some good screenshot instructions above but they're playing the modded version so some of that may not be correct for your game. If you're playing the vanilla game, there is no "All" setting in the auto-sell threshold field in serum production. If you don't want to have to go to the Supply room and manually mark serums for sale, you need to change that setting from "None" to any other number. For Basic Meds, for which there's no reason to keep any, I always change that to 0 so that it automatically marks all serums we produce for sale. If that setting is None, you need to do as they posted and mark serums for sale in the Supply room and THEN look for them to sell in Marketing.
Thank you. Your explanation has been the easiest one for me to understand. The game tutorial doesn't explain that very well, at least I didn't think so. I'm playing vanilla game so I don't have the 'All' option as you correctly stated. Now I've gone and hired staff that are eating into my budget lol. But have discovered that a walk around 'Downtown' does have the occasional dropped wallet that I'm using to keep going this time, didn't even know that was there to be honest.

Reactions: dalzomo

ebenammi

Jun 26, 2018
Sooo what do I have to trigger the Nora events now? There's no campus on the "map", and my head researcher has no option to advance research.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Sooo what do I have to trigger the Nora events now? There's no campus on the "map", and my head researcher has no option to advance research.
You must get her slutty up more before it will show up so start having sex with her and just keep working on her and it will show up.
I really don't understand why it needs slutty but it does and you will need more for the next level and more intelligence to.

ebenammi

Jun 26, 2018
You must get her slutty up more before it will show up so start having sex with her and just keep working on her and it will show up.
I really don't understand why it needs slutty but it does and you will need more for the next level and more intelligence to.
You mean Nora? I don't even know where she is.

If you mean my head researcher, she's already at full sluttiness.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
You mean Nora? I don't even know where she is.

If you mean my head researcher, she's already at full sluttiness.
No, Steph is the one you need for it.
Did you cheat it up to 250 or?
You need I think 40 in sluttiness to the convo to be there, if I remember correctly.

ebenammi

Jun 26, 2018
No, Steph is the one you need for it.
Did you cheat it up to 250 or?
You need I think 40 in sluttiness to the convo to be there, if I remember correctly.
Steph is my head researcher. She got to full sluttiness by playing the game normally, not through the dev console.

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
Hey, guys does anyone know how to fix this?
Line 265 of role_sister_girlfriend.rpy should be call sister_girlfriend_setup(the_person, mom_knows = True)

Steph is my head researcher. She got to full sluttiness by playing the game normally, not through the dev console.
There are a couple ways that this could have happened, from most to least likely:
  • You paid $2000 to advance your research to tier 2 without trying to contact Nora first
  • Steph has less than 120 obedience
  • Steph has less than 25 core sluttiness
  • Steph has less than 15 love

Last edited:
Reactions: dalzomo

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
If that is so then you should have had the option to talk to her a long time ago, also you need to complete all research in the 0 level to move on.

It takes many times of having sex with a girl to max out her stats so you may have disregarded the option to go to Nora and got a sample to research on.

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
How high is your research tier? The first new tier you unlock just requires you to have a serum in your inventory to test on your head researcher. It's the next tier unlock that opens up the possibility to work with Nora, but you have to pick the right option. Also I'm relatively certain your head researcher has to be Stephanie because it's a plot point to her relationship with Nora that she suggests asking her for help.

So when you go to unlock that 2nd tier you are given 2 options (possibly no option at all if it's not Stephanie), 1 to just give your head researcher 2000 dollars to buy whatever it is she needed to move the research forward, or 2 to have her contact Nora. That 2nd option unlocks a new option when you talk to Stephanie to visit Nora. Doing this unlocks the university and creates the instance of Nora that can now be found doing her daily routine.

If you attained that 2nd tier upgrade by paying 2000 dollars, Nora will not exist in your save.

ebenammi

Jun 26, 2018
How high is your research tier? The first new tier you unlock just requires you to have a serum in your inventory to test on your head researcher. It's the next tier unlock that opens up the possibility to work with Nora, but you have to pick the right option. Also I'm relatively certain your head researcher has to be Stephanie because it's a plot point to her relationship with Nora that she suggests asking her for help.

So when you go to unlock that 2nd tier you are given 2 options (possibly no option at all if it's not Stephanie), 1 to just give your head researcher 2000 dollars to buy whatever it is she needed to move the research forward, or 2 to have her contact Nora. That 2nd option unlocks a new option when you talk to Stephanie to visit Nora. Doing this unlocks the university and creates the instance of Nora that can now be found doing her daily routine.

If you attained that 2nd tier upgrade by paying 2000 dollars, Nora will not exist in your save.
Lmao spending that 2k takes out that part of the game forever? Wow...

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
Lmao spending that 2k takes out that part of the game forever? Wow...
Yeah, the dev didn't think through what would happen if a player chose that option. You can open up the console and set your research level back to 1 and choose the other option this time.
Code:
mc.business.research_tier = 1
You'd have to raise your research tier to unlock traits again.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes