Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Major bug : it seems the salary of at least the first employee is deducted twice each night

For now I don't now if it's the case for each employee as I have only Stephanie to simplify my tests...

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
A couple of weeks ago the discussions, both for mod and base game, were revolved around the lack of late game content. Once the initial grind was over, the game was finished. While I assume THATS why dev did such an update... It was a bad call... The game is horribly broken. The mod team may as well be getting paid at this point, They seem to be fixing more base game bugs than adding or updating mod content.

There is so much this game needs, but it simply isn't getting it. Bugs need fixing, balance needs to be addressed, models need updating, the existing characters like Rebecca, Alexia and others desperately need updates/content/story changes. Late game content is needed, but not at the extent of ignoring all the other massive issues.

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
This is why I just use cheats for this one. Just way more fun and I still get hours upon hours of content. The grindfest is just too much.
Agree 100%, if it wasn't for the mods I would have never went back to try this game, I'm cool with the newest mod update, I'm not missing anything with the main game.

yarrr420

Oct 24, 2017
How do I produce serums? I have a design, but after I purchase supplies and then produce it says I produced X units but nothing gets added to my inventory. If I flag it to auto-sell, my money never increases.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
How do I produce serums? I have a design, but after I purchase supplies and then produce it says I produced X units but nothing gets added to my inventory. If I flag it to auto-sell, my money never increases.
Click "Check Stock" on lower left UI. See if there's anything there. The "auto" settings only mark the serum to be sold. If no one is selling them, then the serum just stockpiles in your stock.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
It seems this game is never gonna have an update with actual content, and not just mechanics that no one asks for
Well... I did kind of like the taboo stuff last update (If it worked properly...). I've had an internal slogan happening for a while now "Make Taboo, Taboo again!" and last update made it seem like dev agreed with me lol. So, that was nice.

yarrr420

Oct 24, 2017
Click "Check Stock" on lower left UI. See if there's anything there. The "auto" settings only mark the serum to be sold. If no one is selling them, then the serum just stockpiles in your stock.
Nothing there. When I produce it says I generate X production points, but doesn't mention that any serums are created. Is there another step that I am missing?

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
Lab Rats 1: To the point corruption game that many if not most games took ideas from

Lab Rats 2: All original characters look completely different, none of the first game carries over, intense micro-managing in a lifeless "open" world, the same 6 positions with all characters, grinding for days.

It's like if Ubisoft took over

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Nothing there. When I produce it says I generate X production points, but doesn't mention that any serums are created. Is there another step that I am missing?
It won't say that the serum has been produced. You may have to keep producing, as one try doesn't necessarily mean you produced enough "production" to create a batch of serum.

Steps off the top of my head (Some things might have changed in recent update, someone will likely correct me if there is, haven't played newest update):

- Create Serum Design
- Research Serum Design
- Set Production settings
- Produce until Serum is made (Again, no notification, just check stock).
(If marked for auto sell. ((Irrelevant if have employee in marketing)). )
- Go to Marketing
- Sell Serum
(If not marked for auto-sell)
- Go to Front Office
- Mark Serum to be sold
- Follow above to sell.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
To produce a batch of serums needs to accumulate a minimum amount of production; For example 100

If every time you do production you get an amount of 30 for example, you will need to work at this for 4 times.

Phoenix007

Apr 3, 2018
Avoid this update (47.1) Garbage economy change nobody asked for that requires a lot of cheating or scumming the system to prevent you from having to restart. Broken contract system that's always just out of reach. I'm about to pull my patreon if this keeps up.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
Those of you who are unsatisfied, tell me, who is the demographic he needs to keep happy?

Especially after so many years of development there is only one demographic he need to keep happy!

Are you part of that demographic?

What reason do you give him to keep you happy?

Other than that, ideas and testing the implementation of those ideas need time to mature :)

Phoenix007

Apr 3, 2018
Those of you who are unsatisfied, tell me, who is the demographic he needs to keep happy?

Especially after so many years of development there is only one demographic he need to keep happy!

Other than that, ideas and testing the implementation of those ideas need time to mature :)
He needs to keep his patreons happy

I am part of that demographic

I give him money.

themagiman

Mar 3, 2018
I still can't get the event chain where the mom goes to work for a guy in the other company and you get access to his family. What do I do?

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017

.... Okay. First, we are apart of his demographic, as his demographic is adult game players in general. You can narrow that margin down as much as you want, but adult game culture literally revolves around this forum. If this forum vanishes, the culture and market for adult games will decrease significantly. As a result, this forum does matter. Regardless of rather or not Vren actively participates or pays attention to the thread. As his patreons are very likely to view this thread at least occasionally, and what is said here can and will influence some of his "demographic". Thats even ignoring his potential "demographic" which almost certainly will pass through this thread at least once.

Secondly, ideas and testing implementations? ideas need time to mature? All hes doing is adding more ideas on top of ideas. He has not been updating them and barely has he fixed them. Those who are fixing and trying to keep this ship from sinking are the modders. Who are doing the majority of the work fixing tons of broken mechanics, events and "Ideas" that Vren has yet to fix. Oh, should I mention the modders also originated from this thread and that most players, "demographics" or not likely use those very same mods?

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018

It's not because one is not part of the target demographic that they cannot make objectives critics, give a feedback, an opinion nor discuss with other about the game.

Any mechanics, even the most funny ones, when not balanced or badly implemented becomes not good because those flaws are distracting or even preventing to engage properly with the mechanics or the rest of the game.

Not everything is bad but there are some balancing issues that are very frustrating.
Also constantly bugs, it's the game I've had to debug myself the most, I pity the patreon that can't debug themselves and don't have access to community fix because the dev doesn't seems to put hotfix out, most of the time you have to wait a month.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021

I guess the main question is how long would Labrats 2 survive if Vren stopped relying on the community to fix
the bugs between releases then reapplying those each time??

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes