Draculesti

May 20, 2019
Eldoen
Sorry, I started a new game.
As I said I think I may have caused the problem by editing the save to speed things up so I could hire lots of staff and reduce the grind and not be concerned about money or slow clarity gains. One point I would add though is not to temper with the MC stats or skills, keep the max set to 10 otherwise it can break things / crash the game setting a higher limit.
What was no problem before was editing your Energie
mc.max_energy = 400
worked fine but i didn't tryd it this update, so i don't know if it breaks something now

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
What was no problem before was editing your Energie
mc.max_energy = 400
worked fine but i didn't tryd it this update, so i don't know if it breaks something now
I use the bugfix and the mod, but I use mc.max_energy = 1000 an not see much broke yet. I think only issue is moms perk

Reactions: Draculesti

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
i am really curius how much his supporters will drop over this update.
If i remeber right he was on 804, now it is down to 791.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
i am really curius how much his supporters will drop over this update.
If i remeber right he was on 804, now it is down to 791.
lol, but what tier supporters? and he's still making more than I do in a month so... who cares? especially since I enjoy the new business system more than the old boring one so I'm staying a supporter. Vren just needs to tune it, not unlike (if not exactly) how Diconica did. I've been testing his tuned _contract.rpy file and it's pretty good

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
lol, but what tier supporters? and he's still making more than I do in a month so... who cares? especially since I enjoy the new business system more than the old boring one so I'm staying a supporter. Vren just needs to tune it, not unlike (if not exactly) how Diconica did. I've been testing his tuned _contract.rpy file and it's pretty good
True it wasn't high Tier Supporter as far as ich remember he was never above 2,5. And i do think that vren once said that it is not what he makes for living so it doesn't count as so much. In my Land as self-employed it wouldnd be enough.
If i remain supporter will be decided when i see what he wants to do in the next updates and how good he fixes the immersion breaking in this version.
I know that you have a other opinion and that fine with me. We all have different opinions and that makes it far more interessting and allow for more different content.
Personally i stay with what i said, i would like him to favor immersion and story more.
I also think that his way to communicate with his supporters is way worse now than it was in the beginning of Lab Rats 2.
And i am also not a high tier supporter, so maybe this why there are never reactions. But i have also seen Devs dropping very hard if there are no reactions to their community. And i give him that he reacted to the complains about the difficulty of the system after the release ...

Croak

Jul 21, 2017
How do you remove a serum from their tolerance? Strip club bugged and now I have like 30 serums on my ppl and they depressed af.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
True it wasn't high Tier Supporter as far as ich remember he was never above 2,5. And i do think that vren once said that it is not what he makes for living so it doesn't count as so much. In my Land as self-employed it wouldnd be enough.
If i remain supporter will be decided when i see what he wants to do in the next updates and how good he fixes the immersion breaking in this version.
I know that you have a other opinion and that fine with me. We all have different opinions and that makes it far more interessting and allow for more different content.
that's cool. glad you're an agree to disagree kinda guy and not a rabid hater. I too am waiting to see how he fixes the contract system. I don't know what you mean by immersion breaking though
Personally i stay with what i said, i would like him to favor immersion and story more.
I also think that his way to communicate with his supporters is way worse now than it was in the beginning of Lab Rats 2.
And i am also not a high tier supporter, so maybe this why there are never reactions. But i have also seen Devs dropping very hard if there are no reactions to their community. And i give him that he reacted to the complains about the difficulty of the system after the release ...
I really dunno if Vren's communication has worsened. I've had a pretty good relationship with them for a while now, and I was a $1 supporter forever. I only a few months ago upgraded to $5 so I could play a more active part in testing new versions now that they're actually changing things I'm interested in. I see them engage with the beta version comments quite frequently, and they've taken input and criticism pretty well when it was offered in a constructive way from what I've seen. maybe more of that does happen in the beta threads than the public releases. I wouldn't blame Vren if they didn't engage with the public version comments, especially with how angry entitled I've seen them get

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
that's cool. glad you're an agree to disagree kinda guy and not a rabid hater. I too am waiting to see how he fixes the contract system. I don't know what you mean by immersion breaking though
I really dunno if Vren's communication has worsened. I've had a pretty good relationship with them for a while now, and I was a $1 supporter forever. I only a few months ago upgraded to $5 so I could play a more active part in testing new versions now that they're actually changing things I'm interested in. I see them engage with the beta version comments quite frequently, and they've taken input and criticism pretty well when it was offered in a constructive way from what I've seen. maybe more of that does happen in the beta threads than the public releases. I wouldn't blame Vren if they didn't engage with the public version comments, especially with how angry entitled I've seen them get
It is never a good thing to get to agitatet about something that comes down to preferences.
Everyone and everything has his place in this world, it is big enough for that.

Immersion is for me when something happens and text matches it. As an example if your xxx fucks you for a small amount of money and one day after says that shoulnd look at her naked. (don't nail me on this this is an example). This breaks immersion for me and at this moment there are serveral points where what you read is not in sync with what happened.

If he responds to the beta threads than the beta tester may have some very other opinions than me. And i think in the normal threads are also much thoughts that could be considered, they are not all hate. But it is futil for us to discuss this.

I was quite down when he said he would do something charakterrelatet and than we got instapic an co instead of continuing one of the storylines. Than the taboo system wich in my opnion makes some things and texts really weird. Than a hardcore business system that wasn't and is still not working as intended.
This was why i said i appreciate that he said that he will smooth it over holidays.
But i fear that he has a total different understandig to mine what it would take to smooth things. I could bet he will only touch some bugs and change some mechanics and ignore weird things in the context of the story or some text.
At this state i have played (without cheating) it ingame for 6 weeks and for me the experience was the worst of all versions that i can remember. I will not touch it again until the next release. If the next release will show me that i have not several bugs in first two weeks and several moments where i ask me myself what the hell was the dev thinking to not change this text this must come up every time someone play this, than my opinion might change.

Reactions: dalzomo

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
It is never a good thing to get to agitatet about something that comes down to preferences.
Everyone and everything has his place in this world, it is big enough for that.

Immersion is for me when something happens and text matches it. As an example if your xxx fucks you for a small amount of money and one day after says that shoulnd look at her naked. (don't nail me on this this is an example). This breaks immersion for me and at this moment there are serveral points where what you read is not in sync with what happened.

If he responds to the beta threads than the beta tester may have some very other opinions than me. And i think in the normal threads are also much thoughts that could be considered, they are not all hate. But it is futil for us to discuss this.

I was quite down when he said he would do something charakterrelatet and than we got instapic an co instead of continuing one of the storylines. Than the taboo system wich in my opnion makes some things and texts really weird. Than a hardcore business system that wasn't and is still not working as intended.
This was why i said i appreciate that he said that he will smooth it over holidays.
But i fear that he has a total different understandig to mine what it would take to smooth things. I could bet he will only touch some bugs and change some mechanics and ignore weird things in the context of the story or some text.
At this state i have played (without cheating) it ingame for 6 weeks and for me the experience was the worst of all versions that i can remember. I will not touch it again until the next release. If the next release will show me that i have not several bugs in first two weeks and several moments where i ask me myself what the hell was the dev thinking to not change this text this must come up every time someone play this, than my opinion might change.
Ah, I get it now. Yeah, some of the writing and sequence of events for the taboo restoration stuff is goofy but what can you do. Overall I've had more fun with them than not. It made me laugh when I found Jennifer sleeping three times in a row and arranged to cum in her all three times, waking her up while doing it, and then got two days of "we can't do that again!" with a wake-up blowjob in between lol. Immersion-breaking or not, some of their excuses and deals are funny but I get it if you're a more serious player. I'll always side with laughs over drama

The business stuff is new and rough-edged, but I really think it has potential. I had to change my playstyle and begin a lot slower and more carefully than I used to, hiring my staff on the second week instead of the first, but I'm only a couple weeks in and I'm already richer and further along than I would be using the old system thanks to the contracts. I don't blame you for waiting until next release though if you felt burned :)

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I also appreciate the new business stuff for how it's made me change how I used my staff. Before I just went supply+prod with a side of R&D and never bothered with any marketing until I hired Alexia, but now I've had to have a girl in Marketing from the start to increase reach and keep my serums at full value. I don't even sell them every day. if I don't have a contract lined up, I wait until I get low and then sell 10 and that carries me for a few days

Croak

Jul 21, 2017
nah, I'm through playing the nice guy and quietly reporting questions about the mod from dumbshits like you to be kindly relocated to the mod thread where they belong. the moderators here apparently don't believe in keeping these discussions separate, so now I'll just tell you assholes to your face to take it to the correct thread. if you're using the mod, and you don't know which content is which, ALL your questions belong in the mod thread. fuck off to your own lane
Don't care about your person life. So you're telling me that serum tolerance is a mod?

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Don't care about your person life. So you're telling me that serum tolerance is a mod?
owning and managing the strip club is mod content. if all you're after is how to alter serum tolerance, open console by pressing shift+o while talking to a character and type the_person.serum_tolerance = X where "the_person" is literally "the_person" and not a name or anything else and X is a number

eltarlo

May 25, 2017
Hello,

I have a question, is it possible to have a serum that reset the girl "memory" ?

I explain. This serum reset the love, happiness, sluttiness but keep the like/dislike. It also reset the senario with mom, sister, aunt & cousin, sarah, alexia, stephanie & Ashley, etc...

what do you think ?

Link

Jun 2, 2017
How to fire a mother from her job. I got to the point where she complains about the boss, I choose the option "I'll figure it out." What to do next so that she quit?

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
If we are talking about the self replicating serum template, no it is vanilla ,and the tollerance system that it broke.

But the interaction with the Strip Club would be Mod, but what was originally described is not limited to the strip club as
would also cause issues in the main business.

That said, must be a very old save fom an older version of the mod. and better discussed on the mod thread.

Last edited:

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
owning and managing the strip club is mod content. if all you're after is how to alter serum tolerance, open console by pressing shift+o while talking to a character and type the_person.serum_tolerance = X where "the_person" is literally "the_person" and not a name or anything else and X is a number
don't really want to revisit the politics of the eventual results of Self Replicating template, but you just illistrated the reason for it.

Poorly thought out and implemented mechanic with no in game way to back out of it.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes