Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Morning All
After playing this Game with the Mods, I wanted to get a better understanding of Renpy, and had two questions on the game design. I hope it is OK to ask here.
1) Where are the Main Charters (MOM, SISTER) Defined. I can't seem to find where the Faces are defined... I assumed there would be a 'Def Person" that would have the Basic's.

2) why is there a script.rpy and a script.rpyc? I decompiled the script.rpyc and it looks like it has the same code as the script.rpy. Am I missing Something?

Thanks for any help
They are defined in "game/Random_lists.rpy" in the basic game.
The class for persons is in "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy"

rpy files are the source code. Rpyc are the compiled code hence the c on the end.

Reactions: cluster

DrPepper808

Dec 7, 2021
They are defined in "game/Random_lists.rpy" in the basic game.
The class for persons is in "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy"

rpy files are the source code. Rpyc are the compiled code hence the c on the end.
OK, Cool. So if I hear you right, MOM's Face is 'Face_1' Line 1154 and COUSIN is 'Face_3'.

If I wanted to Change the Face I would have to make the change in game/Random_lists.rpy. then Compile to a 'c'

I know these are ID10T questions...

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
OK, Cool. So if I hear you right, MOM's Face is 'Face_1' Line 1154 and COUSIN is 'Face_3'.

If I wanted to Change the Face I would have to make the change in game/Random_lists.rpy. then Compile to a 'c'

They are not ID10T questions, if you never expose your own ignorance, you will always be none the wiser!

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
I just seen someone else's reply to this that's what drew my attention to it.
i do totally agree with you. I don't think that vren reads here, i am not even sure if he reads his patreons comments on patreon.

but i do think to discuss things can help motivate someone other to make a better game with ideas that he gets here. If i wouldn't working in IT and having to deal with developers i would probably try to use my not very good python skills to make my own game. But doing something as work and as full freetime thing is not my way.
I do think that there is progress from him starting with renpy to this point. But i also know that if you start with code before you even know what it should do at the end it is crazy to get good code. You can make it modular to less the impact of changing something but at some point you must revisit everything and sometimes it is easier to start new at this point than to continue the code.

Even if i am not a big friend of mods and more likly to play the original game, i do think that mod maker have almost everytime a better feeling for what would be more fun in games. I have never understand why developer so seldom implement things that are well liked in mods.

But back to topic, there was a time that i supported 6 gamedevs and since the beginning of this year it has gone down to two and if vren doesn't adress other points than smoothing everything as he posted than it would be soon only one dev and this makes me really sad.

Reactions: eldoen and Diconica

DrPepper808

Dec 7, 2021
i do totally agree with you. I don't think that vren reads here, i am not even sure if he reads his patreons comments on patreon.

but i do think to discuss things can help motivate someone other to make a better game with ideas that he gets here. If i wouldn't working in IT and having to deal with developers i would probably try to use my not very good python skills to make my own game. But doing something as work and as full freetime thing is not my way.
I do think that there is progress from him starting with renpy to this point. But i also know that if you start with code before you even know what it should do at the end it is crazy to get good code. You can make it modular to less the impact of changing something but at some point you must revisit everything and sometimes it is easier to start new at this point than to continue the code.

Even if i am not a big friend of mods and more likly to play the original game, i do think that mod maker have almost everytime a better feeling for what would be more fun in games. I have never understand why developer so seldom implement things that are well liked in mods.

But back to topic, there was a time that i supported 6 gamedevs and since the beginning of this year it has gone down to two and if vren doesn't adress other points than smoothing everything as he posted than it would be soon only one dev and this makes me really sad.
I am interested in helping. Thou I have few Art skills at the moment. I do have some programming skill. but the last time I worked on a Game project it was way back in the WOW Botting Community, now I mostly do C# and Powershell...ugggg... LOL

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
You touch the very point of the problem with most such games, many people dreams in the user community, thinking that some people are so good that they can get on their keyboard and produce a miraculous game :)

As an old project manager I avoid to go in the code of most games but if I must due to bugs because I'm enough crying to see how is lacking the analysis giving a solid gameplay and don't want to add some cries looking at the code.

And yes, generally ppl able to produce good code or analysis have a job and won't want to do the same thing after work.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021

as we said in the Navy, the only ID 10 Tango question is the one not asked.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
You touch the very point of the problem with most such games, many people dreams in the user community, thinking that some people are so good that they can get on their keyboard and produce a miraculous game :)

As an old project manager I avoid to go in the code of most games but if I must due to bugs because I'm enough crying to see how is lacking the analysis giving a solid gameplay and don't want to add some cries looking at the code.

And yes, generally ppl able to produce good code or analysis have a job and won't want to do the same thing after work.
I hear you.
It depends on the person if they like to code even when they get off work.
I know a good number of friends who program at work then come home and work on other projects after spending time with family.
Myself, I code all the time.
There are two reasons I code.
1. I want to see the result.
2. I'm getting paid.
Paying me won't get me to do any project though. If I don't like the project I won't work on it.

BlueOrchid

Oct 27, 2020
Obviously this game is meant to be played a specific way that I just don't understand. It seems needlessly complicated. I thought this was a sex game and instead I'm majority of my time making serums/selling serums and trying to stay financially afloat until the game decided to crush me because I hadn't updated the amount of serum batches I was able to make. Excuse me, everyone and their brother seems to be asking me for cash, and I can't say no without going through quite a few dialog trees. Maybe I was supposed to hire people. competent people, but all they did was sit on their bums and stare. I looked at the things I could invest in and it's clothes and hiring more people which I don't really want or need since the people I hire never want to work. If I were them I wouldn't want to work either, obv I have no idea what I am doing. I'm researching things that don't make money, and I have no way to get the research list of things that make money. There used to be a cheat somewhere but it failed...maybe I'll play around with it some more but I'm not promising anything. Hats off to you guys who picked it up quickly!

Reactions: 4GunZ

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Obviously this game is meant to be played a specific way that I just don't understand. It seems needlessly complicated. I thought this was a sex game and instead I'm majority of my time making serums/selling serums and trying to stay financially afloat until the game decided to crush me because I hadn't updated the amount of serum batches I was able to make. Excuse me, everyone and their brother seems to be asking me for cash, and I can't say no without going through quite a few dialog trees. Maybe I was supposed to hire people. competent people, but all they did was sit on their bums and stare. I looked at the things I could invest in and it's clothes and hiring more people which I don't really want or need since the people I hire never want to work. If I were them I wouldn't want to work either, obv I have no idea what I am doing. I'm researching things that don't make money, and I have no way to get the research list of things that make money. There used to be a cheat somewhere but it failed...maybe I'll play around with it some more but I'm not promising anything. Hats off to you guys who picked it up quickly!
Mods dude, stop hurting yourself, under the convoluted systems, there's a really good fap game, get the modded version and adjust things to your pace, money, stats, instant complete serums, its all there in the modded version and makes things move at a brisk pace.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
For employees -

You need a someone with really high Focus and Supply to work...supply. And set the 'keep supply' to something more like 1000 than the 250 it defaults to. They will proceed to fill up the supply.

You need someone with really high Focus and Production to work production. So long as you have manufacturing set, they'll turn your supply into serum.

You need someone with high Charisma and Marketing working Marketing. They'll constantly push your sales reach, making your serums worth a lot more.

You need...um...just someone, whoever, doing HR. Unless you're using policies that lower effeciency, even a mediocre one will cut it.

And there's one other thing to watch. Their happiness. Don't let it degenerate. Raise your charisma and compliment their work daily while you're still building up. Later on, when you can hit everyone with Slow Release Dopamine, you won't have to care about that. But early, a lot of them will have some opinion that makes them miserable and wanting to quit. So flatter them into working.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
For employees -

You need a someone with really high Focus and Supply to work...supply. And set the 'keep supply' to something more like 1000 than the 250 it defaults to. They will proceed to fill up the supply.

You need someone with really high Focus and Production to work production. So long as you have manufacturing set, they'll turn your supply into serum.

You need someone with high Charisma and Marketing working Marketing. They'll constantly push your sales reach, making your serums worth a lot more.

You need...um...just someone, whoever, doing HR. Unless you're using policies that lower effeciency, even a mediocre one will cut it.

And there's one other thing to watch. Their happiness. Don't let it degenerate. Raise your charisma and compliment their work daily while you're still building up. Later on, when you can hit everyone with Slow Release Dopamine, you won't have to care about that. But early, a lot of them will have some opinion that makes them miserable and wanting to quit. So flatter them into working.
A few things to add to what you said.
It's super beneficial if they like or love the work they do. That will increase their happiness.
If they like or love working again good.
Having one of the above is a good thing.
That can be some what hard to see if things are hidden.

I generally cheat and make those all visible with a sign beside them as hidden. but you can also just screw them with serum and modify their behavior. Well you used to be able to now you probably will be to busy messing with the stupid business.

Another issue when it comes to female stats, characteristics and skills is in the default game they are not tied together they are completely random so most of the girls will have weird stats and skills such as their stats says they should have worked in production but some how they are a master of HR or some other skill. Thus you get constantly low performing females in the interview. I changed that in my own mod. I made characteristics dependent on stats then skills dependent on both.
It doesn't give outrageous females and you still have to search for the type you want but at least they usually make sense.

It would be nice if they did the hiring process like real life. The company puts out an ad for a position to be filled and you select from applicants who have the right skills at different levels and different pay requirements.

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
I think you guys have to keep in mind when development started for LR2, what the main goals where back then and where you are now with it.
The first version of LR2 came out around the very beginning of 2018 and back then up to roughly version 0.9 a lot if not most of the stuff he did was testing his own abilities plus trying some fancy tech stuff he hadnt done before but felt a need to dive into for future development of LR2. Another 10 or so releases then started putting some meat to the backbone in terms of some story content etc.

After that he basically started to leave his original path of the roadmap he had originally described. Quote ' v0.4 and beyond - There are several different major goals I want to tackle once we pass v0.3. The introduction of rival companies, with their own serum inventories and employees to poach, is one of the most interesting to me. I would also like to add an external threat to the company in the form of law enforcement who must be kept unaware, distracted, or bribed. Adding in the main five from the original game and sculpting an overarching story is also on my list of major tasks. '

So any kind of expectation has to be done with this radical change in mind. That roadmap was not part of the next 20 or so releases any more. Instead things started to iterate around certain mechanics which meant things where constantly being rechecked and rebalanced for quite some time. The latest changes should be seen as a return to some form of roadmap - probably not the original one anymore but most probably a atempt to return to a more structured release with a clear endgoal in mind.
I totally get you and i think in the past i have also stated that it is fine for me that he is trying and developing his skills and i have also seen his improvement and i do think that he added a lot since the beginning.
I support him since LR1 and i do think that some Systems can be added and other have to be refined.
But i also think that he could sometimes react on what his patreons wrote. He has proven that he can provide a Mindmap what he wants to do over next updates. And if someone reads the comments on patreon there are people who go really deep into some things how they could function better or where his code is broken.
But i also think that even if you don't want to complete stories you can provide every few updates something that silence the ones that support him and get his back free again. If he would go for an 2 Updates i make what i want than i do something for the fans of the story than i do two updates what i want and than i go for a update that provides to the people that want more clothes and so on.
I give him that this time he reacted quickly with a patch to make it easier to get out of tier 0, but no single word to his patreons even not to them who are not criticize but actually providing help (this means not me).
If he would declare what he wants to do and what it is for than i would not bitch about this, but his post are very seldom near what you get in the new patch.
And sorry i do think that the game has become the last three patches more and more broken. From Textlines that don't add up anymore to very weird behavior to not functioning parts of code. i appreciate that he will work not on a new system over the holidays but smooth out some things that he implemented.
And for those who say they want more gamemechanics ... nothing good come from adding mechanics to mechanics that are not functional only for the sake of adding mechanics.

Reactions: DA22

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
After playing and testing a lot of ways in the 0.47 and even if I did a lot of cristiscism in posts, I maintain all concerning the code and the fact that a lot of things are coded with the feet without any analysis, I would say that the game is not really more difficult than before, anything is just artficially slower than before once you understand that you can't rush.

Small path for the start : prepare to be patient, alot.

- First week research first suggestion trait and make the design and finish the week researching the first medical serum
- Second week : recruit a producter, an approvisioner and a seller, each with the lowest possible salary and if possible 3 in main stat and main skill, launch the production of suggestion serum and sell them manually without bypassing the max threat
- Third week : change your production to the medical serum and activate autosell on it. If the second week sales were good enough buy the policy to up the batch size.

After that you may have a balanced production/sale with a little, very little revenue.

After that you can let the keyboard to your cat (or any pet) for some in-game weeks/months and watch a film on the TV while money come permitting you to invest more.

eike2000

May 9, 2017
Please add more clothes in game, dress, skirt, shirts. short, bra and panties. something sexy, reveal and seduction. Maybe some cosplay cuztum example ww, wonder girl, supergirl or wanda v.v...

flinger

May 3, 2017
I assume I've caused the problem by editing my save to speed things up, in the process I've messed up as I can't complete the first task to upgrade by manufacturing two suggestion increasing drugs for the lead researcher.
Can anyone point me to the states / variables for this first upgrade or what I need to change to bypass this please to save having to restart as I've got a great team working for me. Thx

Create two suggestion increasing drugs which get rejected for not being suggestion increasing???

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes