juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
The game got overly complicated without any need for that.

Lab Rats 1 was great, i have replayed it several times, Lab Rats 2 got me bored in 15 minutes....

Steep learning curve, awfull "tutorial", unnecesary complexity all over the place, etc.

If i want a company simulation game, i wont come here to search for one.

Reactions: CassidyPRO

Diablo™

Jun 7, 2017
is not it just me or everyone got the same problem in this game, at least need 5 minutes to start up and the game is really lag on android

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
is this game worth it? liked lab rats 1.. but i heard this one is a little early in development.

and is this gonna have pregnancy like the first one?

Reactions: melbinaus
Oct 15, 2016
is this game worth it? liked lab rats 1.. but i heard this one is a little early in development.
IMHO it is not polished enough to play. It is more polished then the other 0.0.0.1 abandoned "give me your patreon money" games listed here. The storyline is not closed, the attributes-actions-opportunities are not balanced, the learning curve is too steep. Yet. You would not have liked labrats1 in its early stage, either.

He (or she?) has already made a playable game, so he possibly can do another.... There are hardly any finished working games in this realm. He has proven himself, so support it, if you can.

Reactions: CassidyPRO

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

Its a completely different game than lab rats 1, it has nothing even close to it. I started it and abandoned it after trying to figure out the game for over 1 hour.

Unless the developer simplifies it a lot, i wouldnt play it

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016

Actually, it's pretty good. It's come a long way from the early releases.

I don't know if pregnancy is planned, but there's creampie vs cunm outside options, and girls who get turned on or off by risking getting pregnant, as well as "lucky for you I'm on the pill". So I'd be surprised if we didn't see the option to take them off birth control at some point.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Vren is basically still in prototyping mode with this and he doesnt say otherwise btw. Dont expect a real game yet as many of the mechanics are brand new and he is still testing a lot of stuff on his side regarding automation of renders etc. He just slowly started to move more towards content and actual gameplay - so be patient.

Reactions: User_51567
U

User_51567

Its a completely different game than lab rats 1, it has nothing even close to it. I started it and abandoned it after trying to figure out the game for over 1 hour.

Unless the developer holds my hand because i can't understand it, i wouldnt play it
Corrected it for you..

@toolkitxx
I agree, i played it a couple updates ago and it was very clear that this game was still in the "making it work correctly" stage of development.
I like his ideas very much and i like what he is trying to accomplish, but it's obvious that he underestimated the amount of work that it required.
And i applaud that he is sticking by it no matter what the nay sayers are doing the last few months, 9 out of 10 developers on this site would have thrown in the towel already.

I do hope that the characters of Lab Rats 1 come back somewhere on the line, but that hope is very small at this point :p .

Reactions: User_804376

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Corrected it for you..

@toolkitxx
I agree, i played it a couple updates ago and it was very clear that this game was still in the "making it work correctly" stage of development.
I like his ideas very much and i like what he is trying to accomplish, but it's obvious that he underestimated the amount of work that it required.
And i applaud that he is sticking by it no matter what the nay sayers are doing the last few months, 9 out of 10 developers on this site would have thrown in the towel already.

I do hope that the characters of Lab Rats 1 come back somewhere on the line, but that hope is very small at this point :p .
He has always been a very technical person and this shows very clearly in LabRats2. He is slowly moving from a hobbyist towards becoming more of a real developer. He achieved something quite astonishing with the render batching and the implementation of those in Renpy. LabRats1 was very much based on randomness which he clearly tries to eliminate - thus a much more complex approach to things.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Corrected it for you..

@toolkitxx

Its no about holding hands, its about losing foresight.

The game clearly has an stupid abundancy of mechanics that make it overly complicated unnecesarily, the game is as opposite as Lab Rats 1 as it can be, and the poster i quoted made the Lab Rats 1 reference.

The develoiper is clearly trying to milk the success from Lab Rats 1 to push a completely different game that has nothing to do with the first one and its clearly worse.

Maybe he improves it in the future, which i consider it unlikely since he would have to almost remake the gameplay aspect of the game. Right now, the game sucks.

Even the renders are worse so that he can use randomness, which would be Ok if the gameplay was decent. Except its not.

So it has worse gameplay and worse renders than the first game, an abdurly stupidly steep learning curve and has nothing to do with Lab Rats except the name and that has serums on it.

Sorry to break your bubble, that is just the truth.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
The game clearly has an stupid abundancy of mechanics that make it overly complicated unnecesarily
See, I think it's rather fun.

The develoiper is clearly trying to milk the success from Lab Rats 1 to push a completely different game that has nothing to do with the first one and its clearly worse.
Or he's trying to do a sequel with the same world and some of the same characters, but trying something different in game mechanics. I mean clearly it's not to your taste, but that's no reason for personal attacks against the developer.

Sorry to break your bubble, that is just the truth.
So you didn't like it. That doesn't make it a bad game.

Seitel

Jul 24, 2017
I rather like this game. Yes, it's totally different from p.1 but new management mechanics has right to live. BTW it seems like there was an update of version on Patreon.

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Please can somebody give ave for all possible ending for first lab rats?I cant use cheats they just not working

U

User_51567

Please can somebody give ave for all possible ending for first lab rats?I cant use cheats they just not working
This might be a real crazy idea.
But why not ask a question of Lab Rats 1 at the Lab Rats 1 Thread..... I know, completely insane and crazy but it just might work.

And if you post it there, maybe just wait more then 1 day because it's a relative old game and give people a chance to answer.
And finally..... Another complete crazy idea.... When you are at the Lab Rats 1 Thread why not try using the search button... I know, complete insanity again but hey.... Might work
(I actually know 100% sure that you can find what you are looking for with the search button because i just tried it out ^^ )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: toolkitxx

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
This might be a real crazy idea.
But why not ask a question of Lab Rats 1 at the Lab Rats 1 Thread..... I know, completely insane and crazy but it just might work.

And if you post it there, maybe just wait more then 1 day because it's a relative old game and give people a chance to answer.
And finally..... Another complete crazy idea.... When you are at the Lab Rats 1 Thread why not try using the search button... I know, complete insanity again but hey.... Might work
(I actually know 100% sure that you can find what you are looking for with the search button because i just tried it out ^^ )
I ask here because there is no people there

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes