No safety or surprise
The end
I'll never look into your eyes again

• Sad
Reactions: Caps_One

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
It's not complex

Your guide is not complex. But I'd be ok with a simple list. What I meant with comprehensive is that it guides through ALL the special events for ALL special characters and the requirements for them to be triggered.
If you want to write more and make it a more readable text (as you did) that's even better. I wasn't saying yours was too complex, I was saying I'd be fine with an even simpler guide, a simple list but for ALL. So that I can understand ALL storylines available and be able to pursue them. A guide I can read through when for some reason I get stuck and need a little help.
Also tagging Burt since he was participating in this discussion in the mod thread

So hibakuxa, the list of vanilla story characters are

Jennifer, the mom
Lily, the sis
Stephanie, the head researcher
Alexia, the friend
Rebecca, the aunt
Gabrielle, the cousin
Nora, the old boss
Emily, the tutee
Christina, the tutee's mom
The city rep - no story, but a (very) slow corruption is possible through the inspection events

Stub characters
Iris, Lily's instathot rival - introduced during Lily's oral taboo break quest, wherein you can meet her and get her number. No story nor events
Jennifer's boss's daughter - created only for the scene when you speak to Jennifer's boss. Can be taken out for a drink to meet properly and get her number afterwards. No story nor events after that
Jennifer's boss's wife - created only to fill the role. No story nor events

Knowing the scope of characters, what would you be interested in knowing about them and in what format were you hoping to learn it?

hibakuxa

Nov 10, 2017
Also tagging Burt since he was participating in this discussion in the mod thread

So hibakuxa, the list of vanilla story characters are

Jennifer, the mom
Lily, the sis
Stephanie, the head researcher
Alexia, the friend
Rebecca, the aunt
Gabrielle, the cousin
Nora, the old boss
Emily, the tutee
Christina, the tutee's mom
The city rep - no story, but a (very) slow corruption is possible through the inspection events

Stub characters
Iris, Lily's instathot rival - introduced during Lily's oral taboo break quest, wherein you can meet her and get her number. No story nor events
Jennifer's boss's daughter - created only for the scene when you speak to Jennifer's boss. Can be taken out for a drink to meet properly and get her number afterwards. No story nor events after that
Jennifer's boss's wife - created only to fill the role. No story nor events

Knowing the scope of characters, what would you be interested in knowing about them and in what format were you hoping to learn it?
Short answer:
Everything!

Long answer:
I would like to know all available storylines. Jennifer's storyline and what triggers each available event. Lily's, Stephanie's, Alexia's, every character. If you can add the Mod version character storylines even better (I thought Lynn's storyline came from the main game).
A list of the available events would be good. That same list with the requirements needed to trigger it, would be even better. Explaining all variables in each event like you did for the taboo breaking, would be perfect.

I like to play a game and discover by myself the scenes it contains. But after some point the game becomes a continuous repetition. At that point I search a guide/walkthrough and see if I missed anything from the storyline.
In lab rats 2, there is no guide so I don't know if I missed anything.
For instance, I thought there was more story to the boss's daughter or with her mother. Since the scene where you talk with your mom's boss hints that something might happen with his daughter. I kept developing her character and then her mother in the hopes that it would trigger some kind of event relating to mom's boss but in the end I found nothing.

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Short answer:
Everything!
For mod stuff, ask in mod thread. As for Alexia I think currently you can only hire her and in the mod she has the Gamer Girl-Subplot.

Also some of those characters don't have fixed names and are rather defined by their role. So it would be better to ask for advice on their role rather than by name, especially since last names are afaik always random.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
For mod stuff, ask in mod thread. As for Alexia I think currently you can only hire her and in the mod she has the Gamer Girl-Subplot.

Also some of those characters don't have fixed names and are rather defined by their role. So it would be better to ask for advice on their role rather than by name, especially since last names are afaik always random.
@hyfka

"For mod stuff, ask in mod thread"
Decent point if the game was not abandoned, less relevant now though. I am guessing the mods will agree with you but for anyone who liked the game and does not use the mod then they should head there and try it out as Vern will not likely be back

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
@hyfka

"For mod stuff, ask in mod thread"
Decent point if the game was not abandoned, less relevant now though. I am guessing the mods will agree with you but for anyone who liked the game and does not use the mod then they should head there and try it out as Vern will not likely be back
I meant not so much as to not get "off topic", but imo for questions about mod content the mod thread would be a better place to ask, or the mod discord. I just think that the chance is higher there to find someone to answer questions regarding mod content than here.

Reactions: Chimp :D

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Short answer:
Everything!

Long answer:
I would like to know all available storylines. Jennifer's storyline and what triggers each available event. Lily's, Stephanie's, Alexia's, every character. If you can add the Mod version character storylines even better (I thought Lynn's storyline came from the main game).
A list of the available events would be good. That same list with the requirements needed to trigger it, would be even better. Explaining all variables in each event like you did for the taboo breaking, would be perfect.

I like to play a game and discover by myself the scenes it contains. But after some point the game becomes a continuous repetition. At that point I search a guide/walkthrough and see if I missed anything from the storyline.
In lab rats 2, there is no guide so I don't know if I missed anything.
For instance, I thought there was more story to the boss's daughter or with her mother. Since the scene where you talk with your mom's boss hints that something might happen with his daughter. I kept developing her character and then her mother in the hopes that it would trigger some kind of event relating to mom's boss but in the end I found nothing.
Okay, I'll begin putting together something along these lines. It will be purely vanilla characters, though. I don't play the mod any more and don't care to in order to write such a guide. Hopefully someone in that community will take up that end of things. I don't know who Lynn is, so I suspect it's a mod character unless it's one of the ones I already mentioned above. The city rep, boss's daughter, and boss's wife have randomized names iirc so any of them could be a "Lynn"

Reactions: hibakuxa and hyfka

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I meant not so much as to not get "off topic", but imo for questions about mod content the mod thread would be a better place to ask, or the mod discord. I just think that the chance is higher there to find someone to answer questions regarding mod content than here.
I know it's not a criticism of you, it's the correct thing to say about off-topic, it's just this game is abandoned now.
Anyone who liked it me included (was a Patreon) might want to know It's still living in the mod which has extra storylines It's not just a cheat mod

hibakuxa

Nov 10, 2017
Okay, I'll begin putting together something along these lines. It will be purely vanilla characters, though. I don't play the mod any more and don't care to in order to write such a guide. Hopefully someone in that community will take up that end of things. I don't know who Lynn is, so I suspect it's a mod character unless it's one of the ones I already mentioned above. The city rep, boss's daughter, and boss's wife have randomized names iirc so any of them could be a "Lynn"
First of all: Thanks!
There are a few premade girls that appear randomly when hiring. Dinah Midari, Kendra Rivera, Paige Sallow, Lynn Borch, etc.
I believe they originate in the vanilla game but to be honest I'm not 100% sure. I'm playing the mod version for some time now. But I used to play the vanilla version and I think she was there too. And by the way, I play the modded game because they've added actual content and new storylines.

Reactions: dalzomo

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
First of all: Thanks!
There are a few premade girls that appear randomly when hiring. Dinah Midari, Kendra Rivera, Paige Sallow, Lynn Borch, etc.
I believe they originate in the vanilla game but to be honest I'm not 100% sure. I'm playing the mod version for some time now. But I used to play the vanilla version and I think she was there too. And by the way, I play the modded game because they've added actual content and new storylines.
Those are just the patreon characters. Some pre-made ones designed by high tier patrons. They are basically still just generic randoms but with pre-set looks.

Reactions: hyfka and dalzomo

honker123

May 22, 2019
Shame what has happened to this game. I donated a few bucks because of Lab Rats 1 some time ago. This one seemed almost complete, at least on Vren's side. Hope he returns.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes