CuriousWonder

Nov 29, 2022
The mod is pretty active, and could keep the game afloat without Vren. However, I'd be tempted to start Lab Rats 3 rather than maintain a dead game.
True. But who knows, there are people out there that just mod games. So, maybe a modder might pick the game up and carry it on. From the looks of it there wasn't really a story or end goal from what I could tell so there's at least that if someone decides to try carry the game on.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
His email vrengames@gmail.com is posted on patreon.

One could reach out and ask him maybe get some information on if he needs some help or if he has a plan at the moment.
My guess is he bit off a bit much when trying to use live2D.

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
So he's dead... RIP. I was hoping he would add more depth, bigger events, and more writing for the girls. Did any modders do this?

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
But but but "it has only been 3 months"... People here didn't mind that the last update was in April 2022, gave me crap that I dared mentioning no updates.
He caved in to too many people giving him shit about ugly models, those probably weren't even his patrons. Personally, I could not care less for 2d stuff he was attempting, graphics were good enough for me, and the writing was top-notch).
Stopped being his patron in about August last year.
I don't believe that the dude died, just burned out trying to fix something that didn't need fixing.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
But but but "it has only been 3 months"... People here didn't mind that the last update was in April 2022, gave me crap that I dared mentioning no updates.
He caved in to too many people giving him shit about ugly models, those probably weren't even his patrons. Personally, I could not care less for 2d stuff he was attempting, graphics were good enough for me, and the writing was top-notch).
Stopped being his patron in about August last year.
I don't believe that the dude died, just burned out trying to fix something that didn't need fixing.
I don't think the planned graphics change had much to do with ugly models.

From one of the last Patreon updates on the topic:
"One of the major reasons I wanted to transition to a new rendering approach was to make adding clothing items easier, and it seems like the new system is failing at that."

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
There is discussion in the mod discord to add new content to vanilla characters if Vren is still gone for 6 months. Starbuck has been a little vague about her plan, but insisted that it won't be a full take-over - at least not at the 6 month mark. I thought f95's policy for abandonment was 6 months of silence, but regardless of what it is here, May will be the 6 month mark. Vren was always insistent that he wanted vanilla content to be by him only when he shifted to open source, so that's why (I assume) Starbuck isn't rushing to write vanilla stuff. And just to cover my butt, think of this as a community catch-up sort of thing instead of an official announcement

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
There is discussion in the mod discord to add new content to vanilla characters if Vren is still gone for 6 months. Starbuck has been a little vague about her plan, but insisted that it won't be a full take-over - at least not at the 6 month mark. I thought f95's policy for abandonment was 6 months of silence, but regardless of what it is here, May will be the 6 month mark. Vren was always insistent that he wanted vanilla content to be by him only when he shifted to open source, so that's why (I assume) Starbuck isn't rushing to write vanilla stuff. And just to cover my butt, think of this as a community catch-up sort of thing instead of an official announcement
HaHa
If you look at the following list everything page 82 and older is more than 6 months old. As much as 5 even 7 years old
https://f95zone.to/sam/latest_alpha/#/cat=games/page=81/noprefixes=18,19,20,22,23

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
HaHa
If you look at the following list everything page 82 and older is more than 6 months old. As much as 5 even 7 years old
https://f95zone.to/sam/latest_alpha/#/cat=games/page=81/noprefixes=18,19,20,22,23
But we don't know anything about how long those devs have been silent?

"Abandoned: The game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months."
https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/#post-6137

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes