Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
abandoned game = dev killed in Ukraine. Man this thread is becoming something else :D
He could also be in coma after getting hit by a bus or date raped and put into a dungeon by some weirdo. The possibilities are endless. Personally I prefer to think that he just needed a long break after hitting a wall with the graphics upgrade, until something more than pure speculation indicates otherwise.

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
Okay Vren isn't even in Eastern Europe. I couldn't find it in Vren's words on the discord, but it was from one of the main developers for the mod relaying that information (from a DM with Vren) in March of last year... Can we stop with the whole Vren is dead at war now?? I would prefer to open up this forum to conversation about the game and not disinformation
Im really glad to hear this. Question remains, why is there total radio silence? He may have died of something else, somewhere else.

To be honest, unless the original post is updated with a small FAQ in the form of:
1. The game is considered abandoned because the dev has been radio silent for half a year
2. Rumours exist that he died in Ukraine, those are most likely false.
3. No information as to what is going on is available. Dont. Ask.

And in terms of conversations about the actual game itself...
screenshot0003.png

I don't actually think either of them likes incest... (this is the event where two employees get intimate after a steamy chat)

Reactions: Jaxter

nobodx

Nov 2, 2017
Im really glad to hear this. Question remains, why is there total radio silence? He may have died of something else, somewhere else.

To be honest, unless the original post is updated with a small FAQ in the form of:
1. The game is considered abandoned because the dev has been radio silent for half a year
2. Rumours exist that he died in Ukraine, those are most likely false.
3. No information as to what is going on is available. Dont. Ask.

And in terms of conversations about the actual game itself...
View attachment 2582111

I don't actually think either of them likes incest... (this is the event where two employees get intimate after a steamy chat)
Isn't Ashley part of the mod ?
Also you can just tickle their family interest by using trance options quite easily

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
Isn't Ashley part of the mod ?
Also you can just tickle their family interest by using trance options quite easily
I don't really remember where is she from, thought she was vanilla. Either way, I just found it funny the game randomly selected 2 employees who happen to be sisters without incest preferences (I went back and checked, no opinion on both of them).

Aloof_Tooth

Feb 18, 2022
Most likely Vren has contracted the same disease that plagues most devs on this site. Stop supporting his patreon and he will magically emerge on discord with the news of an inevitable update that's "just around the corner".
When I first checked out Vren's Patreon when he was still occasionally making posts he was earning over £2000 per month. He is now earning less than £800 per month.

Reactions: Aion_Abyss

malviro

Oct 9, 2019
I've been a fan of Lab Rats for quite a few years now. The oldest version of Lab Rats 2 I have is v0.9 (Oct. 2018). And I have been a patron since then.

One thing I noticed quite a while ago is that Vren used, in the game, the British "colour" instead of the American "color". Also, in the more recent versions, the girls height are in feet and inches instead of metric. To me, that point to either the British Isles (U.K. and Ireland) or one of the members of the British Commonwealth like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. Also, after more than 4 years at the 5 USD level, I recently downgraded to the 1.50 USD level. After that change, I started to receive Paypal notices from Paypal Ireland while the other devs on Patreon that I support are simply from Paypal. In my opinion, it point to Europe and more specifically the British Isles, the more so since the metrification is not completely done in the U.K.

Those are the clues that I noticed. Does anyone has clues that could support or not my hypothesis as to where Vren might reside?

As for what happened, without more information from Vren or possible associate, anything is possible.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
The evidence seems to slowly narrow it down...

I just hope it is not him:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
How is this evidence? malviro cited actual clues and deductive logic to point to Ireland, you are linking Vren to a career guerilla fighter based on nothing more than the keywords "Irish" and "Ukraine". This guy that you point to fought in more than a few counter-insurgence actions, he sort of made a career of it. Hard to code when you're in Syria, Macedonia, and Ukraine dodging artillery. There is no point of correlation between this game and that guy.

Reactions: Sorath

malviro

Oct 9, 2019
How is this evidence? malviro cited actual clues and deductive logic to point to Ireland, you are linking Vren to a career guerilla fighter based on nothing more than the keywords "Irish" and "Ukraine". This guy that you point to fought in more than a few counter-insurgence actions, he sort of made a career of it. Hard to code when you're in Syria, Macedonia, and Ukraine dodging artillery. There is no point of correlation between this game and that guy.
Thank you for your comment. I wish to clarify that I didn't pinpoint Ireland, but the British Isles as a more likely candidate. Paypal Ireland may be serving the whole of the European Union (the whole of Europe?), not just Ireland, for corporate tax reason. I seem to recall that, some years ago, reports on the news mentioned that lower corporate tax was one reason for Ireland's economic growth compare to the rest of Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: SenPC

InsanitySpark

Aug 13, 2022
Thank you for your comment. I wish to clarify that I didn't pinpoint Ireland, but the British Isles as a more likely candidate. Paypal Ireland may be serving the whole of the European Union (the whole of Europe?), not just Ireland, for corporate tax reason. I seem to recall that, some years ago, reports on the news mentioned that lower corporate tax was one reason for Ireland's economic growth compare to the rest of Europe.
the thing is... eu and neighbors teach british english as the base. American English is not really that relevant in Europe. so while british isles is a possibility eu in general is also just as likely. but honestly we should drop this. it's not like we can change anything at this point T_T

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes