Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The save game thing can be circumvented though, there is a thread about how to turn it off in these forums so save game editor online and others work again, since that problem is more and more common the more games are updated to the newest renpy version. The console commands are gone though in some cases, though possibly on the discord there are people who can tell you how to do same with newer commands, I gladly use the newer options in game though and only use commands if want to add a mother or daughter to unique character or such.
I still checked the Save game modification won't take any effect with the maximum values for energy and Stats.
The game itself hardcoded the limit to 200 / 8.
Even if you never max stats out and energy recharge is barely around 120 a day I prefer to atleast set the limits to 900 / 99 since that way you can complete goals and get a noteable reward... plus MC can't get outclassed by his employees that easily

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I still checked the Save game modification won't take any effect with the maximum values for energy and Stats.
The game itself hardcoded the limit to 200 / 8.
Even if you never max stats out and energy recharge is barely around 120 a day I prefer to atleast set the limits to 900 / 99 since that way you can complete goals and get a noteable reward... plus MC can't get outclassed by his employees that easily
Lol my stats are at 32 each and energy at 800 in modded game :p Max energy in modded games with just inbuild cheats is 400 though and stats 20 if remember right and with save editor as high as you want. energy just does not recharge over 400 without sleep. Then if get personal serums from Ashley you never reach 0 again if use right ones :p I suspect it is more a lack of knowledge of options in modded game for you. You did up both energy and max energy in save editor, same also upped the max stats values?

Reactions: Carlos6464

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Lol my stats are at 32 each and energy at 800 in modded game :p Max energy in modded games with just inbuild cheats is 400 though and with save editor as high as you want. energy just does not recharge over 400 without sleep. Then if get personal serums from Ashley you never reach 0 again if use right ones :p I suspect it is more a lack of knowledge of options in modded game for you. You did up both energy and max energy in save editor, same also upped to max stats values?
Tried it both in the game files and the save file... yes.
99 in Stats caused several errors and 9 kept being ignored and 8 was the set limit... for energy 900 didn't cause any errors but the game still limited to 200

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Tried it both in the game files and the save file... yes.
99 in Stats caused several errors and 9 kept being ignored and 8 was the set limit... for energy 900 didn't cause any errors but the game still limited to 200
That is weird, 99 might be too high but as I said even without save editor, just with inbuild cheats you can set the stats to 20-25 and energy and max energy to 400 for MC and girls and energy def rebuilds to that max every day. With save editor can go even higher but 99 stats might be too high indeed. Inbuild cheats are right bottom, next to opinions, I last played the 09-23 version as published here on F95, not latest development version.

Also have a look at mod configuration in your bedroom as can set loads of the extra options of mods there or keep closer to original base game. if downloaded and installed some extra mods on the modded version you can also set them partly on and off there.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
That is weird, 99 might be too high but as I said even without save editor, just with inbuild cheats you can set the stats to 20-25 and energy and max energy to 400 for MC and girls and energy def rebuilds to that max every day. With save editor can go even higher but 99 stats might be too high indeed. Inbuild cheats are right bottom, next to opinions, I last played the 09-23 version as published here on F95, not latest development version.

Also have a look at mod configuration in your bedroom as can set loads of the extra options of mods there or keep closer to original base game. if downloaded and installed some extra mods on the modded version you can also set them partly on and off there.
I don't recall the Version I played but it was recently... the game buged out as soon as stats got 2 digit (I checked with 10 to be sure)... sure I avoided cheats as a game that is only fun with cheats is certainly mispaced.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I don't recall the Version I played but it was recently... the game buged out as soon as stats got 2 digit (I checked with 10 to be sure)... sure I avoided cheats as a game that is only fun with cheats is certainly mispaced.
Well you are free to use whatever cheats you want or not, but yeah then what is difference between upping your stats in save editor or the cheat option? :p Still weird since I played the modded version quite a lot. I normally just enter name, company name, then use the points and pass over prologue and then use cheats to setup mc and main girls as i want them or make a save and edit the values. There might be a problem if try to cheat stats before or during prologue as characters are created I think after you put in your name and points.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Changing skills to too high a value causes the infinitely recurring crash error because of the way it increases arousal. Vren didn't code a failsafe into the calculation because he expected players to play the game normally or use the cheats he recently added, which limited the skills. 99 is overkill, so I recommend settling at a lower value. Try 50s, and if that still results in a crash go lower until it doesn't. That's not a mod thing. I think some attempt has been made in the mod to prevent that crash, but that's not me endorsing it. As for stamina, I don't believe there's any problem raising that as high as you want

I don't use the mod either. I dislike the cruft. I dislike the added characters and their mandatory stories if you wish to sex them. I dislike the alteration of the game's mechanics and the restriction of sex acts due to opinions when the premise of the game is to overcome every woman's inhibitions through dosing. I dislike the genre-crossing invasion of nano-machines (son) and cloning. This is a game about being a date-rape drug czar, not every other sort of mad scientist. I dislike how many of its players are attempting to rebrand the mod into "a newer version of the game" when it is a spin-off. Note I didn't say "just a spin-off", because it's bigger than "just." It's got a lot of content. That makes it bigger, not necessarily better. But what I dislike most of all are the evangelists who think there's something wrong with disliking the mod

BUT, I don't lump DA22 in the zealots crowd. He's enthusiastic about the mod, and inclined towards helpfulness in my experience

Does the mod's standalone bugfix still require the renpy update?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well you are free to use whatever cheats you want or not, but yeah then what is difference between upping your stats in save editor or the cheat option? :p Still weird since I played the modded version quite a lot. I normally just enter name, company name, then use the points and pass over prologue and then use cheats to setup mc and main girls as i want them or make a save and edit the values. There might be a problem if try to cheat stats before or during prologue as characters are created I think after you put in your name and points.
Choosing to use Cheats is the issue.
That Cheats are used to up the maximum values is fine if you know.
I only wanted to up the maximum values and upgrade them through normal gameplay, hencefore I avoided cheats and went for the variables instead.

To me these are still limiting factors that make the mod less appealing than the base game.

99 is overkill, so I recommend settling at a lower value. Try 50s, and if that still results in a crash go lower until it doesn't. That's not a mod thing. I think some attempt has been made in the mod to prevent that crash, but that's not me endorsing it. As for stamina, I don't believe there's any problem raising that as high as you want
That's the maximum I chose and never approached... it makes long time playing atleast abit more interesting as money, affection and Potions tend to be no issue rather fast.

Reactions: dalzomo

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Changing skills to too high a value causes the infinitely recurring crash error because of the way it increases arousal. Vren didn't code a failsafe into the calculation because he expected players to play the game normally or use the cheats he recently added, which limited the skills. 99 is overkill, so I recommend settling at a lower value. Try 50s, and if that still results in a crash go lower until it doesn't. That's not a mod thing. I think some attempt has been made in the mod to prevent that crash, but that's not me endorsing it. As for stamina, I don't believe there's any problem raising that as high as you want

I don't use the mod either. I dislike the cruft. I dislike the added characters and their mandatory stories if you wish to sex them. I dislike the alteration of the game's mechanics and the restriction of sex acts due to opinions when the premise of the game is to overcome every woman's inhibitions through dosing. I dislike the genre-crossing invasion of nano-machines (son) and cloning. This is a game about being a date-rape drug czar, not every other sort of mad scientist. I dislike how many of its players are attempting to rebrand the mod into "a newer version of the game" when it is a spin-off. Note I didn't say "just a spin-off", because it's bigger than "just." It's got a lot of content. That makes it bigger, not necessarily better. But what I dislike most of all are the evangelists who think there's something wrong with disliking the mod

BUT, I don't lump DA22 in the zealots crowd. He's enthusiastic about the mod, and inclined towards helpfulness in my experience

Does the mod's standalone bugfix still require the renpy update?
Not sure on last dalzomo and nothing wrong with disliking the reformulate version or liking it less of direction original, but when set off loads of the mods option in bedroom you can keep it closer to original for now though changes will keep growing over time. Tastes differ in the end. :) and yeah I agree that by now it is a spinoff from the original game and that will only get worse. Why I try to call them the devs now and no longer modders and they themselves rebranded the mod to reformulate to show that they now develop it as an independent game after disappearance Vren.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalzomo

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Choosing to use Cheats is the issue.
That Cheats are used to up the maximum values is fine if you know.
I only wanted to up the maximum values and upgrade them through normal gameplay, hencefore I avoided cheats and went for the variables instead.

To me these are still limiting factors that make the mod less appealing than the base game.
Well for stats you are out of luck, think you can only change the stats itself there, max energy, max efficiency and such you can change without touching your current values, unfort you energy will go to max when sleep though, so yeah then save editor would be way to go.

buff

May 29, 2017
The only important hack that needs to be done to the game is disabling fat chicks.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
I'm not sure if this is only part of the modded version, but you can change that at the start:

screenshot0001.png

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
I see. I have played only the modded version for years now, even when I was still a patron of Vren.

Juliop

May 16, 2020
I haven't seen any difference in basic gameplay in between mod and base game... all I see is different graphics and additional Stories with respective unique Characters.
It would have been interesting in those regards but the aformentioned points make the mod less appealing than the unfinished base game.
Not sure about graphics, the models were always ugly.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The source code is all readily available. No need to unren anything. Our discord even has a dedicated mod section. Please do not spread false info here. We do not prohibit modding of any sort and we actively encourage it.
I have shared my experiences with the Mod in this Thread in detail.
If you claim that's false information I can't help you, but atleast check the rest of the discussion before doing this

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021
I have shared my experiences with the Mod in this Thread in detail.
If you claim that's false information I can't help you, but at least check the rest of the discussion before doing this
So, to sum it up simply, you just don't like the game. Got it...so please move on to another discussion where you may have something useful to add.

Reactions: Carlos6464

guims

Jan 20, 2019
Hello everyone.
I'm not really used to post on this website, I hope to be at the right place. Sorry if not.
I just wanted to ask 2 questions:

1-Jennifer and Lily don't want to wear some outfits I create cause too revealing to each other. ("....what if lily saw me in this?") when I want to add it to their wardrobes.
Is there a way to make them change their minds?

I added the trait "no wearing nothing" or something like that by taking advantage of Jennifer, ("showing your tits" still locked for now).
Am I on the proper way to do so, is it possible, and if so a clue or two would be much appreciated.

2- Is there a way to make girls change their minds about hating something? What they hate don't appear in the "taking advantage" menu.
I suppose it's actually the point, and the answer is no, but maybe I'm wrong?

Thank you by advance.
I Love the game.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Hello everyone.
I'm not really used to post on this website, I hope to be at the right place. Sorry if not.
I just wanted to ask 2 questions:

1-Jennifer and Lily don't want to wear some outfits I create cause too revealing to each other. ("....what if lily saw me in this?") when I want to add it to their wardrobes.
Is there a way to make them change their minds?

I added the trait "no wearing nothing" or something like that by taking advantage of Jennifer, ("showing your tits" still locked for now).
Am I on the proper way to do so, is it possible, and if so a clue or two would be much appreciated.

2- Is there a way to make girls change their minds about hating something? What they hate don't appear in the "taking advantage" menu.
I suppose it's actually the point, and the answer is no, but maybe I'm wrong?

Thank you by advance.
I Love the game.
Yes to both you just need to keep playing and you will find the answer you are looking for.
""Trance"" is your friend, once you get any girl into a trance/deep trance then you can change there minds on any of the fetishes or clothing.

Also you may want to go get the "Reformulated" version to play.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-reformulate-v2023-09-tristim-lz_starbuck-trollden.32881/
They took the abandoned game and have fixed a lot of stuff and have added new content and will keep adding new content until it is compleded.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes