LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Click create outfit. From that screen I think you can click something like Exit without Saving.

I discovered today that I forgot to add a wardrobe file to my latest mod release. It was included in the last mod release and probably is in the one that was updated here, so if you have problems with it, just grab the wardrobe folder from one of those. I have a new version of the mod I'm testing now I hope to have released either today or tomorrow.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Hey guys, I'm pushing out another update for my content mod. Highlights are:
-Added two new roles. Girls now get either the Vaginal Fetish or Anal Fetish role after their triggering events.​
-Added conversation options to girls with the fetish roles. You can now invite a girl with a vaginal fetish to spend the night, or ask an employee to stay after work if she has the anal fetish.​
-Added conversation option to mom if she has the vaginal fetish. You can now fuck her over the kitchen counter.​
-Balance tweak, girls bored with a position no longer automatically cut arousal gain in half, it scales down to half linearly as arousal increases.​
-Numerous spelling and continuity errors. Special thanks to ParadigmShift for catching errors!​
-New sex position, standing doggy.​
As far as known issues, with the new fetish roles that I've added, the conversation options only appear if the person's first role also has conversation options available. This means that Lily won't have the new conversation options available unless she has already volunteered for serum testing. It also meant they weren't available to Jennifer if she wasn't in the kitchen, since that was the only place the mom role had special conversation options. However, I modified roles.rpy so that conversation options should now show up anytime for her. This appears to be a bug in the way script.rpy determines whether or not to display special conversation options.

Another known issue I'm working on, anytime I change Starbuck's hair color in the code, it also changes Stephanie's. I have no idea why it is doing this or how to fix it, so for now I just set her hair color to brown to match Stephanie to have no gameplay effect.

If you just want to try the new content, at the top of SB_constant_declare is the variable FETISH_DEBUG_MODE. Setting this to true makes it possible to research the fetish serums at the start of the game and makes the vaginal and anal fetish serums rapidly increase obedience, sluttiness, and sets your funds to 500k. Let me know what you guys think.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Hey, spotted a link to this thread on the patreon, figured I should register on here. I updated my content mod today and posted a link over at the patreon, but because it is hard to keep things visible over there I figured I should make a post here. I've attached the mod to this post.

Does anyone know if this game has a discord server? It would be nice to be able to get more real time feedback on stuff, as well as bounce mod ideas off of people. I have lots of ideas for things I want to add to the game, but limited development time. Thanks!
Do not know of any Discord servers for this game, have been looking for it too. Could always set one up real quick.

Discord also seems to have some support for GitHub, GitGud etc. so larger projects for Lab Rats could be collaborated that way later on ( although there are more suitable applications specifically for those things out there ).
When it comes to file hosting it doesn't mind files of the sizes we are working with at the moment so shouldn't be an issue as long as it stays below 8MB or 50MB with Nitro.

IrishPotatoes

Oct 15, 2017
anyone else getting this error after i set a work uniform it does this if i try to research or sell or do any of them actions also why do my
people not where there uniforms

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7367, in script call
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8109, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_2
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8598, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8600, in <module>
    people.run_move(place)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1451, in run_move
    self.wear_uniform()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1996, in wear_uniform
    self.set_uniform(mc.business.get_uniform_wardrobe(mc.business.get_employee_title(self)).decide_on_uniform(self),False) #If we don't have a uniform planned for today get one.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1737, in set_uniform
    if unitorm is not None:
NameError: global name 'unitorm' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
    python:
  File "F:\Lab_Rats_2-v0.14.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\Lab_Rats_2-v0.14.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    people.run_move(place)
    self.wear_uniform()
    self.set_uniform(mc.business.get_uniform_wardrobe(mc.business.get_employee_title(self)).decide_on_uniform(self),False) #If we don't have a uniform planned for today get one.
    if unitorm is not None:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.14.0
Wed Mar 27 20:59:38 2019

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
anyone else getting this error after i set a work uniform it does this if i try to research or sell or do any of them actions also why do my
people not where there uniforms

Code:

While running game code:
    python:
    python:
    people.run_move(place)
    self.wear_uniform()
    if unitorm is not None:

Full traceback:
    python:
    python:
    people.run_move(place)
    self.wear_uniform()
    if unitorm is not None:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Wed Mar 27 20:59:38 2019
You have to go into script.rpy with a text editor (Notepad ++ or anything else) and find line 1737 and change "unitorm" to be "uniform", it's a misspelling.

Alternatively if you dont' have a text editor that easily navigates you can Ctrl+F and search for unitorm.

Reactions: The Grifter

LiosHaven

Mar 27, 2019
Hey i just wanted to know if the final tier of serums is the one of the bimbofication, or is there another tier with new serums?, if you know please tell me.

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Hey i just wanted to know if the final tier of serums is the one of the bimbofication, or is there another tier with new serums?, if you know please tell me.
If you've unlocked the bimbofication serum trait, then yes, there are no more tiers of serums at this time.

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
Code:

While running game code:
    python:
    python:
    people.run_move(place)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1448, in run_move
    location.move_person(self, destination) #Always go where you're scheduled to be.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2466, in move_person
    self.remove_person(the_person)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2462, in remove_person
    self.people.remove(the_person)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Full traceback:
    python:
    python:
  File "J:\Iomega HDD\flash and games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.14.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
  File "J:\Iomega HDD\flash and games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.14.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    people.run_move(place)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1448, in run_move
    location.move_person(self, destination) #Always go where you're scheduled to be.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2466, in move_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2462, in remove_person
  File "J:\Iomega HDD\flash and games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.14.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 713, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Thu Mar 28 10:35:57 2019

Although I can push through with an Ignore, I'm posting it so it can be stopped, in time.

EDIT: While we're at it, there a 'unitorm' that should be 'uniform' in script.rpy that will cause issues.

IrishPotatoes

Oct 15, 2017
You have to go into script.rpy with a text editor (Notepad ++ or anything else) and find line 1737 and change "unitorm" to be "uniform", it's a misspelling.

Alternatively if you dont' have a text editor that easily navigates you can Ctrl+F and search for unitorm.
Hey, spotted a link to this thread on the patreon, figured I should register on here. I updated my content mod today and posted a link over at the patreon, but because it is hard to keep things visible over there I figured I should make a post here. I've attached the mod to this post.

Does anyone know if this game has a discord server? It would be nice to be able to get more real time feedback on stuff, as well as bounce mod ideas off of people. I have lots of ideas for things I want to add to the game, but limited development time. Thanks!
hey in installed your mod but now im getting this error

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7626, in script call
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8387, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_5
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8878, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8880, in <module>
    people.run_move(place)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1474, in run_move
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2505, in move_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2501, in remove_person

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7626, in script call
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8387, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_5
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8878, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8880, in <module>
    people.run_move(place)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1474, in run_move
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2505, in move_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2501, in remove_person
  File "F:\Lab_Rats_2-v0.14.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 713, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Thu Mar 28 11:32:32 2019

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Be sure you're always starting a new game when you install mod content. There's some things you can change that wont require a new game, but most of the time, bad things happen.

In this case, it appears (for some reason) the game is attempting to remove a person that doesnt exist from a location (its passing handle "x" to the remove person function. Unfortunately, because x is such a common letter, its next to impossible to narrow down WHY and from where handle "x" is being passed to the function.

What I find interesting is this:
Two seperate people have posted pretty much the same function error, but on different lines (2501 for IrishPotato, 2462 for bloodly)

2501 is the correct line number for this function IF you've installed the SBmod correctly. 2462 is the correct line number IF you're running an unmodified script.rpy

@Bloodly Best I could track back on your error was you assisted in research, which caused the game to advance time and move person x (who doesnt exist)

@IrishPotatoes The farthest I could track back on your error was you apparently assisted in serum production, but then it still attempted to move person x. Unfortunately there is no way coded to delete a person array at this time.

EDIT:

I figured it out.

You're both still running version 14.0.
GO GET v14.1.

Silly people. Its probably a bug Vren fixed in his 14.1 release. I dont have a 14.0 script lying around to look through to find the bug. Just go update.

IrishPotatoes

Oct 15, 2017
Be sure you're always starting a new game when you install mod content. There's some things you can change that wont require a new game, but most of the time, bad things happen.

In this case, it appears (for some reason) the game is attempting to remove a person that doesnt exist from a location (its passing handle "x" to the remove person function. Unfortunately, because x is such a common letter, its next to impossible to narrow down WHY and from where handle "x" is being passed to the function.

What I find interesting is this:
Two seperate people have posted pretty much the same function error, but on different lines (2501 for IrishPotato, 2462 for bloodly)

2501 is the correct line number for this function IF you've installed the SBmod correctly. 2462 is the correct line number IF you're running an unmodified script.rpy

@Bloodly Best I could track back on your error was you assisted in research, which caused the game to advance time and move person x (who doesnt exist)

@IrishPotatoes The farthest I could track back on your error was you apparently assisted in serum production, but then it still attempted to move person x. Unfortunately there is no way coded to delete a person array at this time.

EDIT:

I figured it out.

You're both still running version 14.0.
GO GET v14.1.

Silly people. Its probably a bug Vren fixed in his 14.1 release. I dont have a 14.0 script lying around to look through to find the bug. Just go update.
how do i get 14.1 it isnt on here this is 14

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Hey guys, I'm pushing out another update for my content mod. Highlights are:
-Added two new roles. Girls now get either the Vaginal Fetish or Anal Fetish role after their triggering events.​
-Added conversation options to girls with the fetish roles. You can now invite a girl with a vaginal fetish to spend the night, or ask an employee to stay after work if she has the anal fetish.​
-Added conversation option to mom if she has the vaginal fetish. You can now fuck her over the kitchen counter.​
-Balance tweak, girls bored with a position no longer automatically cut arousal gain in half, it scales down to half linearly as arousal increases.​
-Numerous spelling and continuity errors. Special thanks to ParadigmShift for catching errors!​
-New sex position, standing doggy.​
As far as known issues, with the new fetish roles that I've added, the conversation options only appear if the person's first role also has conversation options available. This means that Lily won't have the new conversation options available unless she has already volunteered for serum testing. It also meant they weren't available to Jennifer if she wasn't in the kitchen, since that was the only place the mom role had special conversation options. However, I modified roles.rpy so that conversation options should now show up anytime for her. This appears to be a bug in the way script.rpy determines whether or not to display special conversation options.

Another known issue I'm working on, anytime I change Starbuck's hair color in the code, it also changes Stephanie's. I have no idea why it is doing this or how to fix it, so for now I just set her hair color to brown to match Stephanie to have no gameplay effect.

If you just want to try the new content, at the top of SB_constant_declare is the variable FETISH_DEBUG_MODE. Setting this to true makes it possible to research the fetish serums at the start of the game and makes the vaginal and anal fetish serums rapidly increase obedience, sluttiness, and sets your funds to 500k. Let me know what you guys think.
There's a bug (Vren's, not yours) on line 565 of roles.rpy
should be
$ the_person.special_role.append(employee_role) #Remove_employee strips them of their workplace roles. We want to make sure we add it back.

It calls handle new_person instead of the_person . Basically Vren just copy pasted the code from the hiring function, when assigning division, but its the wrong handle to use in this function (we're just reassigning her) since the_person is the handle we're dealing with, not new_person.

I attached a roles.rpy you should look at. It contains the bug fix above, a small modification I made to the dinnertime dialogue (keeps the functionality you wanted, but adds a little bit of dialogue interaction depending on the time of day, its at the bottom of the file).

The major difference is 2 massive code sections that add 2 new interactions. One adds to the sister stripping scene where she blows you at the end. The second adds a blowjob and sex to the friday night mother event. Neither one is my creation, both were created by another modder on here @Pilotus13 Found here . I did update the mother event to be compatible with the changes in 14.1, and expanded on it a tiny bit.

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
how do i get 14.1 it isnt on here this is 14
Go to Vren's Patreon page at

He always releases Vxx.0 (13.0, 14.0, soon 15.0) to his Patreon supporters for bug testing, and then releases Vxx.1 a week later to the public for free. 15.0 should be releasing pretty soon, he does a release at the start of the month usually, and then 15.1 will be released a week later for free.

Pilotus13

Aug 14, 2018
Hi everyone!

Here is my compilation of mods/add-ons/you name it for LR2. So, what's on the table?

1. Previously released mods, that were so added to v.14.1 by ParadigmShift - a big thanks for that, saved me (and everyone else, I suppose) a lot of time. Also used his roles.rpy file for here.
2. Latest LZ_Starbuck mod/add-on that was posted here. BTW, LZ_Starbuck - great to have you here, I think your mods really make this game much better.
3. Cheat menu by Trollden - found here. Took experimental one, but reduced gain for all stats from 1000 to 5 (1000? Really?!)
4. Previously created wardrobes also added to Master Default File (so that random characters would use them). Didn't update named chars wardrobes, maybe do it later.
5. Tweaked script file (increased maximum stat value to 16) and personalities (to include more sexy likes) - just like I did in prevoius release.
6. New events:
- Small shower peeking event at home (early morning or night)
- Small lunch event - at daytime you may find one of your employees going home for a lunch. There is a chance to dose her or even more... Tried to make this event to include all people in town but failed... So now it is for staff memebers only.
- Large night time event, involving mom. It is multi-branching, depending on stats/traits and there is some randomness as well.

New events are located at the bottom of crisis.rpy, starting at line "## Pilotus add-on" and till file end.

Also fixed a small mistake in investor visit expansion and a number of typos (however, there clearly would be much more of those).

Please note that I wrote all events based on v.13 of the game, so they do not use new mechanics of v.14 or wardrobes include new clothes. Still, I played the game for some time and all the stuff seems to be working fine. But if you encounter a bug - post it for me to work on.

UPDATE:
1. Changed the error in lunch event (thanks Trollden fo pointing it out). Also now happening only on weekdays).
2. There war an error in wardrobes file, changed that also.

Hope you like it! Have fun!

Reactions: caleban

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Should put a limitation on when the lunch_crisis_requirement activates in terms of location. Does not make sense for it to trigger at home and during the weekends (and it does trigger often).

Also I believe you have used "vagina_usable" instead of "vagina_available" in the lunch_crisis_label which throws an ignorable error.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be unable to work on things for the next four or five days, but having a place with a little more activity and feedback for the game and the mod scene has given me a lot more motivation to work on things!

New events are located at the bottom of crisis.rpy, starting at line "## Pilotus add-on" and till file end.
Just FYI, events can be made and placed in their own RPY files. That way when Vren updates to a new version, hopefully you can just copy the file to the game folder and it will work without having to copy paste a bunch of stuff. It is also helpful to other modders, since replacing one of the core files of the game means other modders will have to patch compatibility in if they make tweaks to it. That is why I do my absolute best to change as few base game files as possible.

I attached a roles.rpy you should look at. It contains the bug fix above, a small modification I made to the dinnertime dialogue (keeps the functionality you wanted, but adds a little bit of dialogue interaction depending on the time of day, its at the bottom of the file).
Honestly, the only reason I even added roles.rpy to the mod was to fix the issue with special role conversation options not displaying correctly. I think with 0.15 I might see if I can just fix that and drop roles.rpy out of my mod entirely. I think I'm also going to drop missionary.rpy as well, since the only change I made was to make you cum on her chest instead of belly.

My target for 0.15 of the mod for now is about 4/15. My goal for when Vren drops 0.15 is to figure out how he is doing the new serum system, find a way to change my mod to make it compatible, and then pull as much of my mod out of script.rpy as I possibly can to make it easier to keep compatible with future versions. Right now my mod relies on about 15 modifications to script.rpy, but I think it should be doable to get it down to less than 5 by changing the way some of it is written.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes