bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Lab Rats 2 [v0.14] [Vren] - Original Size: 695MB

Download PC (254MB): - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SilverFire

Apr 28, 2017
Reduced Coverage Corporate Uniforms - Full Outfits - what is the max sluttiness for them? Also for Overwear sets
Nevermind, i figured it out from the load outfit screen.

I have new questions now:
1. Should i have kept Stephanie as a bimbo? I gave her the antidote, can i make her a bimbo again?
2. Is there a list of the serums that i could create? I mean, could i make bimbo or whatever else serum by mixing different ingredients with different effects?

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
Nevermind, i figured it out from the load outfit screen.

I have new questions now:
1. Should i have kept Stephanie as a bimbo? I gave her the antidote, can i make her a bimbo again?
2. Is there a list of the serums that i could create? I mean, could i make bimbo or whatever else serum by mixing different ingredients with different effects?
1. That's a matter of taste really. Though if you do decide to make her a bimbo, make sure you have a replacement Head Researcher ready, as Bimbo reduces her Intelligence to 1. Also, that is the only time that Bimbo can be removed.
2. Not really. However, there is a permanent Bimbo effect that you can research on the final research tier.

@Trollden The cheat menu is great and all, but could you make the changes not so extreme? Adding 1,000 to the attributes with one click is more then a bit much, same with adding $1 million.

And question for the various modders - could you make the Flirting/Talking/Complimenting take time on the second action? Like you can do one of them once for free, but the second one advances time.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

SilverFire

Apr 28, 2017
@Prustan: Thanks!

Is there a way to discover ALL the opinions of a girl, however many she may have? I mean, with the mom and sister i have done ALL the possible actions and yet i still have some opinions that i haven`t discovered yet... i have even spent about 15 minutes of loading before making small talk with them to see if i get a different, undiscovered opinion... but no luck, she talked only about the discovered ones.

And also, I have my resolution on 1920x1080 but i can`t control the Auto-sell threshold for the fourth line of production because it is outside of the game window and not visible in game... can i fix that somehow?

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
@Prustan: Thanks!

Is there a way to discover ALL the opinions of a girl, however many she may have? I mean, with the mom and sister i have done ALL the possible actions and yet i still have some opinions that i haven`t discovered yet... i have even spent about 15 minutes of loading before making small talk with them to see if i get a different, undiscovered opinion... but no luck, she talked only about the discovered ones.

And also, I have my resolution on 1920x1080 but i can`t control the Auto-sell threshold for the fourth line of production because it is outside of the game window and not visible in game... can i fix that somehow?
Try this, on the game exe, right click and select properties, then compatibility, then select the dpi settings button. In the new popup at the bottom,"override high dpi scaling performed by:" check that box, leave it set as application,click apply.

jimdandy

Jul 1, 2017
1. That's a matter of taste really. Though if you do decide to make her a bimbo, make sure you have a replacement Head Researcher ready, as Bimbo reduces her Intelligence to 1. Also, that is the only time that Bimbo can be removed.
2. Not really. However, there is a permanent Bimbo effect that you can research on the final research tier.

@Trollden The cheat menu is great and all, but could you make the changes not so extreme? Adding 1,000 to the attributes with one click is more then a bit much, same with adding $1 million.

And question for the various modders - could you make the Flirting/Talking/Complimenting take time on the second action? Like you can do one of them once for free, but the second one advances time.
Open the cheatmod rpy in notepad++ go to line 308, look for the +/- numbers and edit them. Company cheats start on line 541. I had previously requested a change from 10k to a 1mil, because I like to give myself rough a billion dollars at start(I know insane) to not have to manage money at all, the number of clicks to do so drove me nuts,sorry.

waldo1

Jan 21, 2019
Looks like the base script actually keeps the value between 0.90 - 1.0, and includes string conversions (5'0" - 5'10") for that range. Lily is the exception, and is set at .80. Any value below 0.90, the string table interprets as 5'0". Even if you set her height at 0.4, it still reads her as 5'0".
Vren even defined functions for growth and shrinking, yet apparently never makes use of them (growing_taller_function and growing_shorter_function).

Could be an idea for a future mod (until Vren utilizes it): expand the string conversation table as far as you want (Lets get some 7' amazons and 4' midgets if that's your thing ;)) and create some serums, like the breast serums, that make people taller or shorter. I would note that 1.0 seems to be the height of your screen, so if you go above that value, she'll be off the screen. Perhaps add a subroutine into the redraw that values above 1.0 are drawn at the 1.0 scale.
Well, if it ever does that I might give it a look. Seems a pretty glaring omission to me.

Deleted member 173891

Aug 21, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Lab Rats 2 [v0.14] [Vren] - Original Size: 695MB

Download PC (254MB): - -

Thank You..

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
Open the cheatmod rpy in notepad++ go to line 308, look for the +/- numbers and edit them. Company cheats start on line 541. I had previously requested a change from 10k to a 1mil, because I like to give myself rough a billion dollars at start(I know insane) to not have to manage money at all, the number of clicks to do so drove me nuts,sorry.

At this point though... you literally couldn't spend 1 million dollars in game yet. I haven't counted it all up, but there's less than 200,000 dollars worth of business upgrades to buy. Even if you are spamming the training seminar through a cheat mod blowing 500 dollars several times a day and have hired all 38 employees with very high pay rates and for some reason aren't producing anything... I'd be surprised if you find yourself even getting close to spending 250,000 by the time you lose interest.

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
I guess this is a really stupid noob question, but i could not find a solution and truly guess there is an easy one that i simply cannot see:

I downloaded the SB-Mod from page 65 (thx ParadigmShift, it is truly a gem) but cannot extract the archive. I never experienced this kinda problem with 7zip i normally use and cannot remember how i solved this with version 13.1 where it finally worked.

Any help appreciated, i just feel old right now :(

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I guess this is a really stupid noob question, but i could not find a solution and truly guess there is an easy one that i simply cannot see:

I downloaded the SB-Mod from page 65 (thx ParadigmShift, it is truly a gem) but cannot extract the archive. I never experienced this kinda problem with 7zip i normally use and cannot remember how i solved this with version 13.1 where it finally worked.

Any help appreciated, i just feel old right now :(
There's a more advanced compression for RAR files that 7zip didn't support, and for those you need something like PeaZip that handles a wider variety of formats. You can also check you are using the most up to date version of 7zip in case they've added it since.

Reactions: Linkolek

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
Well, I enjoyed the game so far, and I don't even mind the conversation taking time now. True, it makes it harder to work in the lab myself but to balance this, it seems to be easier to just walk around chatting to the girls while the money just rolls in.

But, good grief, what has he done to the sex modifiers? I can be crap at foreplay and never get the girls close, or I can be the living god of all sex, and they enjoy themselves so much that everything I do bores them (say what?), and they still don't sodding come.

This is rapidly approaching Superpowered levels of "unplayable without mods"
Yup... I'm trying so hard to like this game, but it seems every step forward is one or two steps back.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Hey, spotted a link to this thread on the patreon, figured I should register on here. I updated my content mod today and posted a link over at the patreon, but because it is hard to keep things visible over there I figured I should make a post here. I've attached the mod to this post.

Does anyone know if this game has a discord server? It would be nice to be able to get more real time feedback on stuff, as well as bounce mod ideas off of people. I have lots of ideas for things I want to add to the game, but limited development time. Thanks!

Reactions: jimdandy

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Hey, spotted a link to this thread on the patreon, figured I should register on here. I updated my content mod today and posted a link over at the patreon, but because it is hard to keep things visible over there I figured I should make a post here. I've attached the mod to this post.

Does anyone know if this game has a discord server? It would be nice to be able to get more real time feedback on stuff, as well as bounce mod ideas off of people. I have lots of ideas for things I want to add to the game, but limited development time. Thanks!
Thats awesome. I know a lot of us here really enjoyed your mod. LR2 is good without your mod, but your mod really makes it great. Adds so much content to the game that is otherwise lacking at the moment. Which isnt to discredit Vren, he's more focused on laying out core features and mechanics at the moment than pumping content into the game, as he should be, and he's doing a great job at it.
Cant wait to look through your changes. And I agree about not having a centralized location to share stuff like mods for the game.

Ill be honest, I was personally dreading trying to break apart v15/15.1 and make compatibility changes to your SB mod, what with the serum overhaul and all. Plus I wouldn't feel right about it, seeing as its your mod content.

Looked through your mod and found a few things that I caught before and fixed on my own from version 12.1 of SB_mod :

Additionally, this is my own contribution to the game; it utilizes functions Vren created to cause girls to grow taller and shorter, but the functions themselves were never used. I called it Growth Mod. It adds 2 new serum traits that function similarly to the breast enhancement and reduction serums, but affect the_person.height.

Apologies for the giant wall of text. Really glad to have another modder here :D

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Thanks for the code, I'll take a look at that stuff when I have the chance. As for the code...

_call_sex_description_SBXYZ

I'm going to be honest, I don't really understand the syntax of statements that say something like...

call THIS_FUNCTION() from _THIS_ID

I straight up don't understand what is being called from these lines in the code. The way I wrote my code, I basically just copy pasted similar code from Vren, but noticed he was changing the ID lines at the end, so I started doing the same. As I've been making the mod, a lot of the code I've written has been experimental, as I'm not familiar with python or renpy before this project (C# and c++ are all I've worked with before). I've been trying to keep the identifiers unique, but I've kind of lost track of which ones I've used and which ones I haven't. I guess I should start keeping track of that...

For FETISH_OPINION_MAX, when I was making the function I considered capping it at 1, and making the fetish value 2, but evetually I decided on the current values. It can be changed in the future if Vren ever makes changes to the like/love system.

For the privacy value getting lost, its funny because I swear at one point in time i made the same fix, but I think transition between one of Vren releases the fix got lost somehow.

Anyway, right now I'm working on the fetish system some more. In the recent release, Vren added the ability for a girl to have multiple roles. I'm using this system to add new fetish roles, to open up more conversation options and events that can be player initiated. So far I have I have one new event where you can invite a girl to spend the night with you.

Right now, I'm kind of waiting to see what Vren does for 0.15 as far as the serums go. I might have to redo the way I do the actual serum traits into something else. It would be nice if the way serums traits are stored could get changed, so I could pull the serum code out of script.rpy and into a separate file, but for now that's about the only way to do it.

Alex Mars

Mar 3, 2019
Heya!

I see Paradigm already replied, so just a big "Thank You" for your work. Without additional content like your mod LR2 seems bland and gets boring fast. Which isn't mean to criticize the developer, it's a very early build after all. Although i think Vren is approaching the point where RenPy might not the best choice anymore.

Serious question: Why does everyone want Discord these days? Yes, I'm really old oldschool. What are the benefits of another platform? I mean, we have forums, there's Reddit, newsgroups...

Could someone please ELI5?

Cheers, Alex

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
I think its a matter of simplicity and convenience really.
With forums....either you set up the forum yourself someplace, or find an existing forum (like this one) to make your "official" home base. Then you have to gather everyone there. Then, if you didnt set up the forum yourself, you have no moderation rights and either have to ask for them just to moderate your own content threads, or bother an existing admin/mod to do it for you when needed.

Reddit is the better choice over forums in a lot of cases. Easier to create your own subreddit and control content, its a well known communication medium. I'm less familiar with operating a subreddit personally than other communication mediums.

Newsgroups are good for making announcements to large groups of people, if you have a small number of "publishers" and a large number of "readers", but arent really as good for ongoing discussion as a forum is.

Discord is the relative newcomer to the communication world. Half VOIP, half IRC. FREE to everyone. Can create a discord with a few clicks, setup is easy, infinitely scalable for number of users and usergroups. Content control for who can see and do what. (I only want PATREON group to view content in this channel (but not post). I only want DEBUG group to be able to post in this channel, but everyone can view it. That kind of thing. Its a little bit more difficult to have multiple separate discussions without creating separate chat channels for each one, which only a moderator can do (forums are better for this). Its important to remember that Discord is essentially a communication built for gamers, by gamers. In this way, I (and many others) can use a single platform (for example) to communicate with my Division 2 clan, and get announcements straight from the game developers in real time (Patch dropping in 15min! Here's the patch notes [insert hyperlink] ), and check in with my EVE buddies.
In 15min or less, I can set up an infinitely scalable, highly customizable communication hub (for FREE). Its hard to beat. Oh, and its api can be use to integrate it into any number of things, and is available on every platform, including android. And uses SSO for all joined servers and Two-Factor Account Authentication. Do I need to go on?

About the only thing Discord doesnt do is act as a distribution platform. You wont be downloading the next LR2 (or any mods) directly from a discord server. But can certainly link to a web server, or any other distribution platform (cough....MEGA...cough) to download it

Oh...did I mention its 10years newer than reddit? Yeah.....

Reactions: Alex Mars

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Thanks for the code, I'll take a look at that stuff when I have the chance. As for the code...

_call_sex_description_SBXYZ

I'm going to be honest, I don't really understand the syntax of statements that say something like...

call THIS_FUNCTION() from _THIS_ID

I straight up don't understand what is being called from these lines in the code. The way I wrote my code, I basically just copy pasted similar code from Vren, but noticed he was changing the ID lines at the end, so I started doing the same. As I've been making the mod, a lot of the code I've written has been experimental, as I'm not familiar with python or renpy before this project (C# and c++ are all I've worked with before). I've been trying to keep the identifiers unique, but I've kind of lost track of which ones I've used and which ones I haven't. I guess I should start keeping track of that...

For FETISH_OPINION_MAX, when I was making the function I considered capping it at 1, and making the fetish value 2, but evetually I decided on the current values. It can be changed in the future if Vren ever makes changes to the like/love system.

For the privacy value getting lost, its funny because I swear at one point in time i made the same fix, but I think transition between one of Vren releases the fix got lost somehow.

Anyway, right now I'm working on the fetish system some more. In the recent release, Vren added the ability for a girl to have multiple roles. I'm using this system to add new fetish roles, to open up more conversation options and events that can be player initiated. So far I have I have one new event where you can invite a girl to spend the night with you.

Right now, I'm kind of waiting to see what Vren does for 0.15 as far as the serums go. I might have to redo the way I do the actual serum traits into something else. It would be nice if the way serums traits are stored could get changed, so I could pull the serum code out of script.rpy and into a separate file, but for now that's about the only way to do it.
Ya, I could have sworn I read that the privacy thing was fixed already. Whether it was from you or Vren, I don't remember, but I got a laugh too when I found that one.

Sounds like you and I have a pretty similar level of understanding of Python and RenPy. Unfortunately, I'm not a creative person, logic is my strong suit. I couldn't have come up with half of the stuff you have, but I can read the entire script.rpy, actually understand the logic processes, pick it apart, and improve upon it. Debugging too. That list I gave you was only what I found in about 30 minutes. In just your code. Ive probably found 10x that throughout the rest of Vren's code. Heck, 20 minutes after I posted that, I found another bug in Vren's blowjob.rpy.
I'm an engineer, not an artist.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes