RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
90% of black "#$%& finally gone?

Don't get me wrong, I am not a racist. I love me some ebony.
But when I played this, 97% of girls were black or seemingly black, but in such an off-putting appearance, that it looked like they were just painted over white "#$%. Fucking ugly.

My dick went on strike. True story.
It was a sad day.

Reactions: Voilsh

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

But when I played this, 97% of girls were black or seemingly black, but in such an off-putting appearance, that it looked like they were just painted over white "#$%. Fucking ugly.

It was a sad day.
It's all randomly generated currently. So basically don't like variety of the girls given, just restart. I can't wait for the girls from the previous game to appear. I assume he's gonna get basic mechanics down before adding them or this story is following an entirely new character and if that's the case then oh well. I'm partial to the Harem endings of the first game, maybe dev will give you the option to choose which ending you want to start off from with this if he does decide to keep it based on the same character which could lead to some difficulty options.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
It's all randomly generated currently. So basically don't like variety of the girls given, just restart. I can't wait for the girls from the previous game to appear. I assume he's gonna get basic mechanics down before adding them or this story is following an entirely new character and if that's the case then oh well. I'm partial to the Harem endings of the first game, maybe dev will give you the option to choose which ending you want to start off from with this if he does decide to keep it based on the same character which could lead to some difficulty options.
Meh, I tried, I really tried to like this one.
It is too damn convoluted and awful looking.

I guess I was spoiled by the previous version.
Will skip, and accept the fact that this game used to be great.

RIP

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017

It was a sad day.
I see it aso like you when it dont change in the future I wouldnot play this Game.

The most girls are ugly in my eyes.

Reactions: Voilsh

JohnnyMarco

Jun 18, 2017
Lab rats 1 was good, it was a little crude and the corruption was too easy... well, in fact there was no corruption, just mind control... but at least it was enjoyable, this one looks too fucking impersonal, it's like the girls are like cattle, not fun. I want real in depth characters, unique characters, not just some random generic sexdolls.

And, sorry to say, that model on the 1st page is ugly.

Reactions: DrDemagogue

Anon-e-Mouse

Oct 3, 2017
Honestly, I wouldn't object to the original cast of characters not being in this one, but if you aren't going to have Nora, Stephanie, Alexia, Lily and Mom in the game, don't use the same title image with those characters in it! It feels like a bait and switch! But maybe that title image is a message to us of things to come, and our friends from the original will make a return... one can dream, right? I still have hope for this game, but these early versions are a bit of a letdown coming on the heels of such a great original. I also hope he adjusts the variables for random character generation, because 1 - I'd like to see a mixed population instead of almost all the same color, and 2 - I'd like to see different body types, instead of all of them being based on the same model with maybe a couple inches difference in height and cup sizes that range from barely there to a nice handful. I don't mind a few who look like the (current) predominant model, but please give me a petite girl like Lily, a curvy little vixen like Alexia, and a couple leggy angels like Nora and Stephanie to add to the mix!

Reactions: RobJoy

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Re you going to be able to hire Stephanie, Sis & Nora to work for the company? If so, will they be at their prior corruption levels?

DrDemagogue

Oct 26, 2017
Where's the fun in keeping the characters you've already corrupted handily, largely destroying any semblance of resistance and rebuilding all notions of self-worth along the way? Not to sound like a spoiled child, but been there, done that.

I seem to recall the developer implied early on that you could set yourself up as a separate main character from the ... hero of the first game. If you're playing a different guy, Lily and all the rest won't have the same appeal because they are essentially not persons of interest to your particular depraved depredations (beyond being kind of hot). And you'll always know, of course, that they've already been begrimed by the previous game's events. In my opinion, it's really a situation of damned if you do, damned if you don't in reusing the same cast.

And yes, I heartily concur that it simply isn't interesting controlling empty-headed fuck-doll mannequins that I randomly generate on a previous screen. I'm not sure it's possible to synthesize meaningful traits like defiance and innocence while knowing full well they're just there for me to tear down later and obviously their personal kinks won't surprise me if I've picked them off a list somewhere. It's like ... building cars out of Lego just to enjoy a destructive collision. Consequences for character choices in a story, either good or bad, only benefit from a plausible dynamic of change!

That being said, I really enjoyed the simplicity of the original Lab Rats, the quality of the writing, and Vren's admirable work ethic. I was never even bothered by the Phantom Johnson and I strongly prefer decent still images like his to the cumbersome, lurching, poorly-framed seizures that some folks in this community call animations. In short, even if the current art requires a great deal of refinement, I remain genuinely hopeful that this new project will capture some of that magic once more or perhaps even create some of its own.

gabopusitr

May 31, 2017
... it takes 7 to go from your bedroom to map screen in man of the house
While I agree with the general sentiment, this isn't true.

While it may take 7 clicks to go from your bedroom to the map screen if you navigate through the entire house, that isn't necessary. In the top right of the game UI, there's a red pin that looks like a Google Maps location marker. If you hit that, it shows you all the available rooms within your current location, and you can click right onto one of them - including the map. This reduces Man of the House's "bedroom-to-map" click count to just two. If you're *not* using the red pin navigation, I'm sure it's painful!

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
While I agree with the general sentiment, this isn't true.

While it may take 7 clicks to go from your bedroom to the map screen if you navigate through the entire house, that isn't necessary. In the top right of the game UI, there's a red pin that looks like a Google Maps location marker. If you hit that, it shows you all the available rooms within your current location, and you can click right onto one of them - including the map. This reduces Man of the House's "bedroom-to-map" click count to just two. If you're *not* using the red pin navigation, I'm sure it's painful!
you are right however there are things to do on the way to the map screen like peek in rooms, talk to people etc so while it take alot of click you don't notice with the content you play between clicks, the dev said he will be adding content to the house so you won't notice it then either as you will be playing that content. Whats out now is the barebones foundation for the game which is why it feels like alot of clicks.

im just saying it's not fair of people to nitpick about a barely updated tech demo that is more a proof of concept and wasn't posted here by the dev.

Basically he said here want i want the game to be able to do released it and alot of people are unhappy, it's not a game yet. Once he gets the scenes in and gets the mechanics to work with the story then it would be fair to judge it.
personally i think the ideas he has are good ones and if he gets them all to work together it can be a great game.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
if i may be able to make a small suggestion ...

i think it will be way better to change completly the OP banner picture..
as the game have absolutly no link to honey select anymore and its completly different. ( doesnt even sound like an second opus of the same game serie imho)

just my opinion, but i think OP banner give this game credits that it didnt deserve by using the first episode popularity , wich is completly different.

but its up to mod to change banner pic, not mine ( i cant anyway ^^ )

Reactions: abericus

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
I'm really sad on how lifeless and bad looking the characters are (no sexy or feminine poses, and the bodies/faces are not good looking as I'd expect from a game like this one) : it's sad because the dev is really putting a lot of efforts in his new game.
But he needs to choose better Daz3d models, and make sexier or even livelier poses for them.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
But he needs to choose better Daz3d models, and make them sexier s.
imho, first, he need to choose multiple models... as for now, they all are the exact same, only difference is the size of the body ( all the rest is added randomly, hair etc..)
its only 1 type of head , thats also a point why all the characters look bad

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Everyone looks exactly the same. This is awful
they are the same, look in the Cgs and you'll see.. only the random clothes and hair change the character. its all the same character in different skin color and weight body

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
I know it's only techdemo etc... but man it feels like it was made by people that were told over the phone about 1st game, and not author of lab rats 1

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes