Wuzunno

Sep 5, 2017
Came back to this after a while, still makes me sad. Why did they make Lilly so ugly? Why not give the unique characters unique renders instead of stitching them together? Why no petite women? I wouldn't even mind if this wasn't the lab rats sequel. It'd be better off as a unique "ip" so to speak. It doesn't even connect well with the story of the last game. Take over is a far better spiritual successor.

I know this isn't done yet and I hope things will get better but it's still such a radical change in gameplay. Lab rats 1 was far more promising in its early stages.

As for gameplay; Is random gen really necessary? There's five facilities. Three choices each is 15 characters. It's ambitious but not impossible to make them all unique. Handmade simple characters are better than completely generic random gen ones, imo. I know it won't happen because the dev would have to throw away their engine work but it's fun to dream.

Management also isn't smooth. Jumping around divisions is annoying. There should be one overview screen for all of it, with the facilities being mainly for interacting with the characters within them.

Steven_3000

Nov 17, 2018
"LR2 v0.17.1 marks the beginning of phase two of development. Phase two is focused on introducing new characters, writing story arcs for these characters, and generating new content for existing systems."

In other words: "I hope you like the ugly models!"

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
Hi guys, sorry for my english first. I don't know it would be usefull for you or not, maybe someone just made something really better and awesome, i dont' read all tread, but i play the game with Pinkelephant cheat mode (thx dude, u r cool) and i was upset, that it can only modify just MC stats, so i modify it to be able change any girls stat in the game. To change girls stats yo should start a conversation with her and then start cheat menu by pressing '!' (shift+1 for most users). Then u can increase o decrease some general stats for girl. Cheat will work for any girl except main characters (they got global variables, like mom, sister or your first colleague). It should work separately with any other mods (except original Pinkelephant mod) so it safe to use, just put it in your /game/ directory. If u want to add smth to cheat menu (change family stats for example) feel free to ask.
The Shift+i option doesn't work,only shows this message

mncub31

Nov 1, 2017
So I create a new outfit and then have a girl wear it. When she strips it down though it stays that way afterwards, even the next day. Is this a bug or do I need to do something specific to have the outfit reset?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Seriously people - why on god's earth are you seemingly incapable of creating a 'mod thread' for all the modification stuff that has nothing to do with the original? It is both inpolite and makes this entire thread almost useless by now. Maybe i am really old and the good oldfashioned 'hijacking threads' isnt a thing anymore but i am actually pretty sure it's still a thing here on F95. So would you please move into a separate thread with the modded stuff?

Reactions: Linkolek and SenPC

Squarefucker

Aug 31, 2017
I really don't understand the obedience mechanic in this game. You get +30 but when the effect wears off you somehow lose more than you gained? I legitimately have no idea how to make good progress in this game short of using the bimbo potion, which I don't really want to do.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I really don't understand the obedience mechanic in this game. You get +30 but when the effect wears off you somehow lose more than you gained? I legitimately have no idea how to make good progress in this game short of using the bimbo potion, which I don't really want to do.
Basically every single attribute has a temporary and a real (base) value. Same is true for obedience. Most things you change via a serum is only temporary and requires extra activity to be changed into a real/static value. So by using a serum you change the obedience limit temporarily but the recipients brain still recalls where they came from before the serum unless you do something to them that would convert temporary values into base ones. So using it on someone who isnt very much into submissive stuff will most probably rebounce down to the original values or even worse.

Squarefucker

Aug 31, 2017
Basically every single attribute has a temporary and a real (base) value. Same is true for obedience. Most things you change via a serum is only temporary and requires extra activity to be changed into a real/static value. So by using a serum you change the obedience limit temporarily but the recipients brain still recalls where they came from before the serum unless you do something to them that would convert temporary values into base ones. So using it on someone who isnt very much into submissive stuff will most probably rebounce down to the original values or even worse.
I feel like this system is needlessly complicated. I don't really want to micromanage every single girl. In a game with randomly generated girls it's kind of pointless since they don't differ that much from one another. The satisfaction comes from en-masse indoctrination. I'd prefer if there were more options for permanent changes, especially towards the endgame.

Reactions: juan palote

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I feel like this system is needlessly complicated. I don't really want to micromanage every single girl. In a game with randomly generated girls it's kind of pointless since they don't differ that much from one another. The satisfaction comes from en-masse indoctrination. I'd prefer if there were more options for permanent changes, especially towards the endgame.
Many users complained heavily that LabRats1 was too linear, too simple, not enough variety and so on. I strongly believe that kind of feedback was the base line for most of the mechanics and how he implemented them for LabRats2. It might feel like going from one extreme to another but at the same time he has always kept things open and properly documented to enable others to mod stuff. So if you want mass-base changes that could easily be achieved by creating a mod that modifies how serums work ;)

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Seriously people - why on god's earth are you seemingly incapable of creating a 'mod thread' for all the modification stuff that has nothing to do with the original? It is both inpolite and makes this entire thread almost useless by now. Maybe i am really old and the good oldfashioned 'hijacking threads' isnt a thing anymore but i am actually pretty sure it's still a thing here on F95. So would you please move into a separate thread with the modded stuff?
With all due respect, as a "Well-Known Member", tell me which is the more appropriate action: reporting the offending posts to a Forum Moderator and letting them make a ruling and sort it out, or making a scene as you've chosen to? You've already said this once, back on page 85, at this point I feel that throwing a tantrum about it is MORE disruptive to the thread. I could argue that YOU are now responsible for hijacking the thread, because now we're discussing how you think the thread has been hijacked and not discussing the game. We've gone from game-related/game-adjacent to completely unrelated as a result of YOUR actions (and mine, but I'm a rebel with nothing to lose, unlike you with a reputation).

If anything the "mod discussion" (I'm not including simple mentions of mods and their existance) has been exceptionally limited, most limited to redirecting people to the proper location off-site. Most serious "game modification" discussion is actually telling people how to fix bugs or other things that trouble them in the main game, often accompanied with a "Make sure to report the bug to the developer." If you havent figured it out by now, Vren doesn't actually communicate on F95, but the modders have actually reached out to Vren and often report things they've addressed and fixed to him so they can be properly addressed. If you got rid of all the 'mod' solutions to peoples reported problems, then the thread really would be useless; you'd just have a bunch of people complaining all the time with no developer to see their complaints/reports and no way to fix it.

Also, you've mentioned the modders are being impolite more than once now, so I have to ask: Impolite to whom? As I said above, Vren has never once graced this thread with their presence (believe us, we've tried), so it's not like Vren is complaining that the modders are being impolite and have hijacked the thread.

So please, take your Metamucil (hey, you called yourself "really old", I'm just going to run with it), use that report button, and relax. Wouldn't want you to have a stroke.

Last edited:
Reactions: berlino69

mncub31

Nov 1, 2017
So I create a new outfit and then have a girl wear it. When she strips it down though it stays that way afterwards, even the next day. Is this a bug or do I need to do something specific to have the outfit reset?

Reactions: Gavote

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Each character has a default set of outfits - that includes a 'naked' set as far as i recall. When you change location or time the current code defaults back to the actual default sets available. I do recall deleting existing outfits when adding your own helped for this.

georgetakei

May 8, 2017
Am i the only one who can't run the game? It just doesn't start for me. I see the loading splashscreen and then a window that just closes itself.

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Am i the only one who can't run the game? It just doesn't start for me. I see the loading splashscreen and then a window that just closes itself.
An errors.txt or traceback.txt file (or worst case scenario, if it isnt generating either of those files, log.txt) will be necessary to help diagnose your problem. It will be found in the game directory, next to Lab_Rats_2.exe.

Just saying it doesnt run is like telling an auto-mechanic over the phone that your car won't start. There's so many things that could be the problem, it would be impossible to guess.

In short: need more info. Copy/pasting the contents of any one of those files (or attaching the txt file itself) is the first step to a better fapping experience. Traceback is best, errors is good too. Log is last resort.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes