Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
The later changes he made introduced the 'mastery' mechanic. By continuous research into the different bits of a serum you can thus eliminate many of the side effects.
Mmmm... but the penalties I'm talking about are part of the actual trait, not just side effects incurred due to a lack of experience with a particular trait. As far as side-effects go, you're absolutely right, but I'm talking about things like happiness boosting effects that give you +10 happiness for the duration of the effect and a permenant -2 obedience for each turn its active. (Effect quoted from memory so details may be incorrect, but the general pattern is true enough).

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Mmmm... but the penalties I'm talking about are part of the actual trait, not just side effects incurred due to a lack of experience with a particular trait. As far as side-effects go, you're absolutely right, but I'm talking about things like happiness boosting effects that give you +10 happiness for the duration of the effect and a permanent -2 obedience for each turn its active. (Effect quoted from memory so details may be incorrect, but the general pattern is true enough).
Gotcha - since i wasnt sure which ones you meant i mentioned that part just to make sure. From my personal point of view i think that the idea with those debuffs is to limit the use of those serums for spamming employees with them.
His overall idea is to actively 'manage' effects of serums and the recipients of them. A very basic game design concept actually - risk and reward. You get something that lasts longer than usual so it requires a proper downside for not appearing to be 'overpowered'.
Happiness can easily be controlled when actively interacting with the recipient (multiple orgasms for example) - so having a clever debuff that hurts when being applied automatically fits right into that concept imho.

Babalui

Apr 2, 2019
I hope the creator will concentrate more on the story than on the clothes in the upcoming updates,it's good enough. Great potential in this game. some of the workers should be with a pre-written story... jealous husbands, corrupt cops, greedy physicians, former lovers, lesbian relationships, health service inspections, state subsidies, prostitution, trafficking and other terrible things...

Reactions: Darkaura

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
To quote Vren from his Patreon:
"LR2 v0.17.1 marks the beginning of phase two of development. Phase two is focused on introducing new characters, writing story arcs for these characters, and generating new content for existing systems. To kick this off this update introduces two new family members: Rebecca and Gabrielle, your aunt and cousin."
You bring up some good ideas - I could imagine that visiting one of your girls at home might get cut short by the presence of a husband, resulting in an automatic visit of 'Mrs.Belladonna' at your room the following night.
Or giving the player another way of handling those pesky spouses - "I might have a serum in mind for this!".

Anyways, for those interested, the current mod-built of Trollden and the other heroes works largely bug-free now. The only reproducable error I found was when I started one of the kitchen events with Jennifer after using the Starbucks mod to set the maximum number of fetishes to 3. See Trollden's signature, or visit to download.

Reactions: Babalui and SenPC

traveler006900

Oct 19, 2018
Attached .zip should be right one. Worked for me at least. And remember to extract it to /game -subfolder of your Lab Rats 2 v0.17.1 -folder. And only Mods -folder in archive is needed. In /game -subfolder. Not content of that Mods -folder but folder.
Is anyone having a problem where the mods seem to double up everytime you load a saved game? I started a new game with these mods and everything worked great. I saved and later came back and suddenly there were two of every mod option. Two Starbucks, two Ophylias, two purchase room options with two of each room. I made a new save and loaded it up and now there are three of everything.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Is anyone having a problem where the mods seem to double up everytime you load a saved game? I started a new game with these mods and everything worked great. I saved and later came back and suddenly there were two of every mod option. Two Starbucks, two Ophylias, two purchase room options with two of each room. I made a new save and loaded it up and now there are three of everything.
That issue has been resolved, for downloading the MOD, check out also check the readme file for installation instructions.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Android ver cannot use mods.
Saveeditonline editing mc > charisma seems to revert on reload.

Suggestions?
Set the entry config.console from False to True in \renpy\common\00console.rpy, then in-game open the console with shift+O and enter mc.charisma=8

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Not sure if vren visits but I got this error when blackmailing Rebbeca into stripping while she was at 30% suggestability and rising sluttieness.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks like a simple typo in the role_cousin.rpy.
The tracebacks are generally pretty easy to read to diagnose and fix your own errors. In this case, the final line(s) in the traceback are:
Code:
  File "game/role_cousin.rpy", line 289, in <module>

while not the_person.outfit.vagina_visisble():

AttributeError: 'Outfit' object has no attribute 'vagina_visisble'
It tells you the file (role_cousin.rpy) and the line number (289). If you're using a good text editor like notepad++ or another kind (there's a lot) it will generally list line numbers on screen. Worst case, just search (CTRL+F) for the quoted line "while not the_person.outfit.vagina_visisble():"

In that specific case, you can probably guess that "visisble" was supposed to be "visible", so changing it to "the_person.outfit.vagina_visible():" will solve that particular error.

Hope that helps, and will help you in the future.

Corporate Uniforms have still problems... What line I need to edit or add now, Modders ParadigmShift , Trollden, Tristim ?

Edit: And another one:
I am not, nor ever have been or will be, a part of the mod git repository.

A certain individual involved replicated, appropriated and altered the work of others, under the guise of making it "better", which is incredibly subjective (better to whom? I prefer chili sauce to ketchup, doesn't make chili sauce "better") , and which I find both unethical and insulting to the original mod authors. Not to mention I find the entire repository to be one of the most convolutedly structured (or lack of) mods I have ever seen, for any game, ever. On multiple occasions, mods that functioned perfectly fine in a stand-alone manner were appropriated, modified for no reason other than personal whim by parties other than the original author, and now are no longer capable of functioning stand-alone outside the mod-pack, while at the same time not enhancing the mod itself in any way.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it. If it isn't yours, don't touch it without permission. And if you aren't the original creator, telling an artist that your making their work "better" is a real fast way to piss them off.

I appreciate you mentioning me to assist with your current issue, and in any other situation I would love to and would gladly assist, but it's not my mod, and I have to decline to assist on the principle of it being the above mentioned individual's screw-up and I won't clean up their mess.

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
It tells you the file (role_cousin.rpy) and the line number (289). If you're using a good text editor like notepad++ or another kind (there's a lot) it will generally list line numbers on screen. Worst case, just search (CTRL+F) for the quoted line "while not the_person.outfit.vagina_visisble():"

In that specific case, you can probably guess that "visisble" was supposed to be "visible", so changing it to "the_person.outfit.vagina_visible():" will solve that particular error.

Hope that helps, and will help you in the future.
Thanks for the help. I think I got it fixed.

MahBah

Jul 13, 2017
Is there a way to edit what characters like and hate?

I want everyone to love risky sex, but I haven't found any files that allow me to edit things yet.

MahBah

Jul 13, 2017
Was interested in knowing that myself, to answer your question in detail:

Interact with a person and then open up the console ( I assume you know how ) and type the_person.sexy_opinions to see what their current opinions are.
You will get a response from the console looking something like this
Code:
the_person.sexy_opinions
{u'being fingered': [-2, False]}
This means that she has a hate for "being fingered" and that you currently haven't discovered it.
You want to set False to True to have the opinion be discovered and -2 to 2 for turning the hate into love.

False = Opinion Undiscovered
True = Opinion Discovered

-2 = Hate
-1 = Dislike
0 = Nothing so don't use this
1 = like
2 = love

With this information we can now change the sexy_opinions and opinions of a person however we like following this format:

Change a persons sexy_opinions:
Code:
the_person.sexy_opinions = {"opinion name":[-2 to 2, True / False],"opinion name":[-2 to 2, True / False]}
e.g make the person love getting covered in cum but also secretly hates risking getting pregnant:
Code:
the_person.sexy_opinions = {"being covered in cum":[2, True], "risking getting pregnant:[-2, False]"}
Edit: Can also do this to not have to replace everything
Code:
the_person.opinions["insert opinion name here"] = [2, True]

# shortest way to "remove" opinions you can do would be to put the value to [0, False]
If you want to change someones general opinions you do the same thing but use the_person.opinions instead of sexy_opinions
Nevermind, this was very helpful! Thank you!

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
From Vren's Patreon, posted by him June 28th:

"The patron release of v0.18.0 is scheduled for early morning July 1st, which means I only have a couple more days to hammer out some last minute work and do some much needed testing. I'm pushing to finish up some new dialogue, sluttiness modifiers, and stat changes related to two new details that are being added: pre-existing character relationships and condoms during sex.
In v0.18 girls will sometimes already be in a relationship when you meet them/hire them. Girls may be: Single, Girlfriend, Fiancée, or Married. Girls that are in relationships require more love to convince to go on a date with you and have a sluttiness penalty when you seduce them. A new sex opinion, "cheating on men", mitigates the extra love required and flips the penalty into a bonus. I'm working on adding more dialogue during sex scenes or events to highlight when a character is cheating on someone. Girls may also sometimes be parents. Older girls and girls in relationships are more likely to be parents, and more likely to have kids. For now the only effect of being a parent are some minor dialogue differences, but I'd like to add some mother/daughter seduction scenes in the future.
The other content addition I'm working on is the addition of condoms to sex scenes. When having sex with a girl she may, depending on her sluttiness, ask or demand you put on a condom (you are assumed have one with you; always be prepared!). When a girl becomes slutty enough she may beg you not to put on a condom before having sex. A new sex opinion "bareback sex" modifies how likely a girl is to want you to put on a condom and if she gains/loses arousal when you're wearing a condom to fuck her. New climax variations have been written for when you cum wearing a condom, and I would like to add more descriptive changes to the main sections of each sex scene before release. Asking for/requiring a condom adds an milestone to corrupting a girl."

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes