KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Spell checked version, it looks like events are repeatable somewhat so I lowered resistance to the drug by -5 per day instead of the default -1. Seems to work for the few days I played. Didn't modify the chance values yet, want to see how they play out.

Reactions: moonanon

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
Does the repeating event hack work with version .4 or do we have to wait ?
If he didn't overhaul the code you should be able to fix it yourself by searching for 'if not' and deleting all statements checking for events having happened.

I will try to look at the code tomorrow when I have time. I will try to make sure events are repeatable. Probabilities are increased (since 3.1 had some events at a 10% or less chance of occuring) and maybe see about adding some event replay menu options like that experimental menu I added last version for the night time event with mom and sister.

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
Spell checked version, it looks like events are repeatable somewhat so I lowered resistance to the drug by -5 per day instead of the default -1. Seems to work for the few days I played. Didn't modify the chance values yet, want to see how they play out.
nice work. I'll still look through the code tomorrow (because it helps me learn/review code..... like I'm not motivated to learn coding unless tits are involved.. the most html I've learned is through using inspector mode to find source addresses for windowed .swf files and video files.. l337 hackzor in the house)

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
If he didn't overhaul the code you should be able to fix it yourself by searching for 'if not' and deleting all statements checking for events having happened.
There is none of this for the events any more, so far my current hacks are working. Still haven't seen the resistance lower on a daily basis, but I have been advancing with events happening again. There is a new red serum that is improved, have yet to learn the purple.

moonanon

Aug 17, 2016
def check_event(self):
renpy.block_rollback()
if renpy.random.randint(0,100) < self.current:
#success, return true and reset the chance
self.current = self.min
return True
else:
#failure, return false and increment the chance up
self.inc_chance()
return False

He defined a master random chance..... I just deleted a 0 so it should be a 1-10 range on event probability. (This is an edit of @KingsRaiden spell check file. Though there seems to be 3 classifications of events. Major/special, Minor and random (the random is the largest category).
Major events has a suspicious property
self.happened = False
.... I think if you were to erase all the happened = false and happened = true lines from the code that would eliminate any chance of events being one time only. Though, I think there maybe some events and pictures that are tied to slut score values which would take more time to sort through.

My estimate is that about 85% or the current build's events are repeatable.... if I'm wrong about my theory on the self.happened = False property of the major events we may already have a 100% repeatable events.

I don't have time to play test tonight. I'll read through the code completely tomorrow and play it to see what events are one-time only.....

but, I have to say the code seems more elegant this time around.

Last edited:

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
cheats are:

momO.slut_score = x
momO.resist_score = x
Yep thats the cheat format now momO with the O being a capital o not a zero
And the first command line a dot not an underscore Stephanie is now steph.slut_score=variable etc
momO.slut_score = x
momO.resist_score = x

stephO.resist_score = x
stephO.slut_score = x

noraO.slut_score = x
noraO.resist_score = x

sisO.slut_score = x
sisO.resist_score = x

alexO.slut_score = x
alexO.resist_score = x

resist=resist potions it fades over time (per day)

Serium can break game so only do when you learn serums in lab

player_blue_serum=100
player_purple_syrum=100
player_red_serum=100
player_serum_supplies=500

player_money = 1000000

Last edited:

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
anon's file does do repeatable events. There is a bug for whenever you cum into a girls mouth, the counter is not set up right so it raises a Renpy error screen. Just click ignore and it will continue

ToastyOats

Aug 5, 2016
I hate to say it but it's been so long since the last release and I no longer have my old build of the game, I've forgotten where to place the modded script also.

Nix that. I remembered.

@Davidreiter , Your going to take the modded script, rename it to simply script.rpy And replace the existing script.rpy in the Labrats 4.0/Game folder

Reactions: Davidreiter

Bacrown

Sep 15, 2016
Finding some typos in the code so I'll just list what I find and how to fix them. And if you're like me and like being able to scroll back to a certain point then I suggest using Notepad++ or w/e editing software you use to replace all instances of "renpy.block_rollback()" with "# renpy.block_rollback()" in script.rpy. Makes debugging a script a lot easier.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Had to reset the check event back to 100 because when it was at 1-10, I had zero chance to do labwork or talk to sister in the morning. Every time I went to check on sister in the morning, it always went to peep scene. And every time I did labwork in the lab, it always did the "lab is too hot" scene. I couldn't progress in the lab at all.
If we started a 1-10, we would have to adjust the random event modifiers from lines 866-893.

Last edited:
Reactions: moonanon and Burt

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
As you get their influence levels up, save scum the scenes by not doing a serum. I never tried it before but this time you actually get a scene happening depending on their level, like the "watch a movie" you get things happening even if you don't use a serum.

Magmanox

Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
anon's file does do repeatable events. There is a bug for whenever you cum into a girls mouth, the counter is not set up right so it raises a Renpy error screen. Just click ignore and it will continue
This is an easy fix, the dev has an increment function for each counter. The increment reads self.cum_swallow += 1 when it should be self.cum_swallow_count += 1.

JKnight

Aug 15, 2016
Finding some typos in the code so I'll just list what I find and how to fix them. And if you're like me and like being able to scroll back to a certain point then I suggest using Notepad++ or w/e editing software you use to replace all instances of "renpy.block_rollback()" with "# renpy.block_rollback()" in script.rpy. Makes debugging a script a lot easier

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the typos. This is starting to be a good game.

There's a problem with rollback, as described on the game's Patreon page. It won't undo everything correctly at the moment.

Bacrown

Sep 15, 2016
Thanks for the typos. This is starting to be a good game.

There's a problem with rollback, as described on the game's Patreon page. It won't undo everything correctly at the moment.
I was wondering why I couldn't rollback in this version when I could rollback in previous versions. And I did notice the bug he was talking about when I found the cum_swallow_count typo, but he's updated that post and has found a safe way for rollbacks. :)

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
On the plus Vren has the spell checked version, hopefully this will make the bug fix with all of the other issues like rollback and counter issues. That looks to be something that happened when he updated all the ladies to the new variables.

I still feel like the Mom chat needs a scene...I may work on something when slut levels get higher. Just to have something to do.

3.80 star(s) 49 Votes