tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
I think the game is dead no update for over 3 months.
I mean Waifu Academy hasn't gotten an update in almost a year and the dev still claims he is working on it and the Tyrant got abandoned or at least the Dev went silent until a few months ago

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
No, I didn't even play this game, just kept in on the watch list because it looked like it might be interesting when it's properly developed.
What I was talking about was
Didn't realize that was their official definition of "abandoned." lol
Makes me wonder why games like The Proteus Effect and Selena: One Hour Agent don't get abandoned tags...cause they are WAY past the 3 month mark. haha

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
Makes me wonder why games like The Proteus Effect and Selena: One Hour Agent don't get abandoned tags...cause they are WAY past the 3 month mark. haha
Probably because no one reports them as abandoned. You can't really expect mods to keep checking all games on this site to see if they were or were not abandoned.
Edit: Nevermind. Proteus isn't abandoned since it's patreon page is quite active as for Selena it's hard to say since it's page is under review. It's not 3 months without game getting new version, it's 3 months without any posts related to game.

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Probably because no one reports them as abandoned. You can't really expect mods to keep checking all games on this site to see if they were or were not abandoned.
Edit: Nevermind. Proteus isn't abandoned since it's patreon page is quite active as for Selena it's hard to say since it's page is under review. It's not 3 months without game getting new version, it's 3 months without any posts related to game.
Yeah, I assumed it referred to no activity at all. But, Serio just vanishes out of the blue, and this last time seems a little worse than normal cause of the review state, but still no communication on what's going on. Proteus has signs of life every once in a while, and I guess that keeps it from getting the tag. Still 1.5 years without an update is crazy. lol

Jan 15, 2018
i mean looks like its High quality stuff
based on reviews i think its worth keeping it on watch hangin on that update
still it has been near 7 months
feelin rather hit or miss

[edit] *CoUgH* ruff stuff feel real bad for the dev

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
This game is a good example that mixing too many different fanbases doesn't work.

The goal of the Dev was clearly to make money from this game but he failed to achieve that goal with having so many different routes that no one would be satisfied with the amount of content he gets in an update and that is why the game failed to get supporters.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dopplyn

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
So i see the Abandoned tag but have we actually had confirmation that it is? cause its only been about a month ago since he made a post about an update in the near future

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
This game is a good example that mixing too many different fanbases doesn't work.

The goal of the Dev was clearly to make money from this game but he failed to achieve that goal with having so many different routes that no one would be satisfied with the amount of content he gets in an update and that is why the game failed to get supporters.
It's possible to have games with tons of routes, but it's probably best to finish 2 routes before moving to new routes, or at least move the 2 main routes along for a good distance. It's been implemented well with other games, and those games continue to thrive and stay supported. Maybe reach 75% or so of the 2 main routes, get those fans rolling, then while they're salivating, spend a couple updates working on another route. But yeah, if you spend each update trying to do 10 routes at once, it won't work out well. lol

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
Damn, sucks this got the abandoned tag. Didnt we just get a notification in June? I'd really hate to see potential go to waste.

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
Damn, sucks this got the abandoned tag. Didnt we just get a notification in June? I'd really hate to see potential go to waste.
As much as i had hoped it wasn't the case it does seem like it is really abandoned asked on the bebop site 19 days ago if he had any idea how long until the update and got no response the patreon have not been updated since February and the Discored seems pretty much dead

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
As much as i had hoped it wasn't the case it does seem like it is really abandoned asked on the bebop site 19 days ago if he had any idea how long until the update and got no response the patreon have not been updated since February and the Discored seems pretty much dead
Looks like it's still going though, dev just put out a new post

• Red Heart
Reactions: tlarsen
3.00 star(s) 3 Votes