4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
5. Looks like he has relatives in every dimension, this might be rather interesting, interdimensional incest? Who knows?
All in all a rather interesting start
That's a reference to the dev's other game, Serenity. There won't be lewd scenes with those characters, because the MCs are different people and the dev doesn't like NTR (at risk of spoilers: Rin is an LI for the MC of Serenity). The dev also doesn't write incest.

ETA: Though now that I consider it, Karen or Camilla, if they somehow ended up in this game, could be potential LIs... But they also don't really fit the style of this game and have their own non-LI story arcs in Serenity.

Last edited:

IPsycho

Oct 16, 2018
W
That's a reference to the dev's other game, Serenity. There won't be lewd scenes with those characters, because the MCs are different people and the dev doesn't like NTR (at risk of spoilers: Rin is an LI for the MC of Serenity). The dev also doesn't write incest.

ETA: Though now that I consider it, Karen or Camilla, if they somehow ended up in this game, could be potential LIs... But they also don't really fit the style of this game and have their own non-LI story arcs in Serenity.
e are then going to be rather limited to our choices then, by choices I mean the type of story, this makes for a boring story with no hope of erotic side avenues, what a pity.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
We are then going to be rather limited to our choices then, by choices I mean the type of story, this makes for a boring story with no hope of erotic side avenues, what a pity.
Nah, I'm sure the MC will be able to meet other potential LIs from planets the ship explores, and there'll be more going on back at Pantheria. At this point, I suggest just trusting N2 if you like what you've seen so far. Perhaps play Serenity to get a feel for the kinds of situations you might expect. It's quite enjoyable, IMO.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Alright F95 folks,
I've been wanting to come in here and post about reviews. No, I am NOT about to bitch about bad reviews... I have no issue with them whatsoever. I wanted to let you all know that as of this Last Human launch (and also with my other game, Serenity), I am reading through every review and creating notes based on any useful information that is written there. Some people put things in there though that I can do nothing about. Example: "this is kinetic, no choices, so 3 stars". Part of me wants to say that is kindof unfair... although, reviews are supposed to be personal opinion. The overall "star count" still gets hammered by that, and it isn't anything I can actually act on to make better for that person. What can I say, it is a kinetic novel... it is in the tags now (it wasn't in the first HOUR this was posted because it took a bit for me to get ownership and make the changes). So if you complain in a review that my games are kinetic, that is information I cannot use since I have no plans for suddenly redoing everything and making it full of branching choices. One day in the future, perhaps I'll do a game like that. For now, I'm good with kinetic. I am still learning new things.

Comments I've seen so far that have been useful (and added to my notes for the next LH development period) include (There are spoilers here and these are not direct quotes because I don't want to call anyone out):
  • The Queen's first mission for MC mentions "mapping" the next planet, Nexus. This was something I had intended to go back and rewrite but during my hectic schedule, it just got left behind.
  • Nanobots need more attention in the story - like maybe helping to rebuild the starbase that was destroyed. This is a good idea that I am keeping in mind for the next update.
  • The "Pets" thing apparently needs a bit more understanding. Will try to briefly flesh that out more during the next episode.
  • When transitioning from the capsule to the Aurora, it just jumps straight to being on the Aurora (and obviously they first enter the starbase). Needs at least a black-space saying something like "we hurried through the station to the Aurora docking bay".

Well, that is just a few of many I have noted and plan to act on. I wanted you to be aware that if you post a review, I get notified and I do come in here and read it. And if you give me actual, useful feedback, I will definitely take that to heart and try to improve things. But if your comments are just about the fact that its kinetic, I can't do anything with that. Give me information I can work with. I am NOT perfect and am not the kind of person who sticks his nose up at useful criticism. I actually appreciate the attention to details in useful feedback, even if it is a bad review - so keep it coming!

Anyway, I appreciate all the kind comments and messages I've received here and definitely appreciate the F95 community. Without it, we don't get near the exposure. :)

Scott-August2022-01.png

Nov 26, 2021
Alright F95 folks,
I've been wanting to come in here and post about reviews. No, I am NOT about to bitch about bad reviews... I have no issue with them whatsoever. I wanted to let you all know that as of this Last Human launch (and also with my other game, Serenity), I am reading through every review and creating notes based on any useful information that is written there. Some people put things in there though that I can do nothing about. Example: "this is kinetic, no choices, so 3 stars". Part of me wants to say that is kindof unfair... although, reviews are supposed to be personal opinion. The overall "star count" still gets hammered by that, and it isn't anything I can actually act on to make better for that person. What can I say, it is a kinetic novel... it is in the tags now (it wasn't in the first HOUR this was posted because it took a bit for me to get ownership and make the changes). So if you complain in a review that my games are kinetic, that is information I cannot use since I have no plans for suddenly redoing everything and making it full of branching choices. One day in the future, perhaps I'll do a game like that. For now, I'm good with kinetic. I am still learning new things.

Comments I've seen so far that have been useful (and added to my notes for the next LH development period) include (There are spoilers here and these are not direct quotes because I don't want to call anyone out):
  • The Queen's first mission for MC mentions "mapping" the next planet, Nexus. This was something I had intended to go back and rewrite but during my hectic schedule, it just got left behind.
  • Nanobots need more attention in the story - like maybe helping to rebuild the starbase that was destroyed. This is a good idea that I am keeping in mind for the next update.
  • The "Pets" thing apparently needs a bit more understanding. Will try to briefly flesh that out more during the next episode.
  • When transitioning from the capsule to the Aurora, it just jumps straight to being on the Aurora (and obviously they first enter the starbase). Needs at least a black-space saying something like "we hurried through the station to the Aurora docking bay".

Well, that is just a few of many I have noted and plan to act on. I wanted you to be aware that if you post a review, I get notified and I do come in here and read it. And if you give me actual, useful feedback, I will definitely take that to heart and try to improve things. But if your comments are just about the fact that its kinetic, I can't do anything with that. Give me information I can work with. I am NOT perfect and am not the kind of person who sticks his nose up at useful criticism. I actually appreciate the attention to details in useful feedback, even if it is a bad review - so keep it coming!

Anyway, I appreciate all the kind comments and messages I've received here and definitely appreciate the F95 community. Without it, we don't get near the exposure. :)

View attachment 2018832
Are there any virgin Li, it's something I like personally so figured I'd ask

I have no issue with it being kinetic, serenity is a really good read so I'm sure this one will be to

Good luck with everything, I'll check it out in a few updates

Griffihn

Aug 20, 2022
nice graphics and somewhat interesting story but i'd suggest turning your MC into a female or at least reading some psychology papers on what being alone does to a man's mind. women may become mellow and/or more agreeable but men turn to anger/fury/rage/bitterness to cope after a few years, especially teens. add to that the fact that most become dicks trying to prove they're unquestionable alphas once reintroduced into any societal structure without competing males. "even a kitten will think itself the mighty lion leading the pack when it's the only male around. that's just how all animals are, humans included". not trying to tell you how to write, simply telling you my personal opinion based on experience and psychiatric studies (had to learn them back in college).
also, political correctness isn't even continental, much less global. how did it become universal? you may wanna give that bit a little more explanation than just a short statement. it would do more good than you could imagine.
didn't play past being claimed as a pet. unfortunately, i'm not into being dominated so this is my stop. you may wanna add that as a tag, though. cool concept, so far. good luck going forward!

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
nice graphics and somewhat interesting story but i'd suggest turning your MC into a female or at least reading some psychology papers on what being alone does to a man's mind. women may become mellow and/or more agreeable but men turn to anger/fury/rage/bitterness to cope after a few years, especially teens. add to that the fact that most become dicks trying to prove they're unquestionable alphas once reintroduced into any societal structure without competing males. "even a kitten will think itself the mighty lion leading the pack when it's the only male around. that's just how all animals are, humans included". not trying to tell you how to write, simply telling you my personal opinion based on experience and psychiatric studies (had to learn them back in college).
also, political correctness isn't even continental, much less global. how did it become universal? you may wanna give that bit a little more explanation than just a short statement. it would do more good than you could imagine.
didn't play past being claimed as a pet. unfortunately, i'm not into being dominated so this is my stop. you may wanna add that as a tag, though. cool concept, so far. good luck going forward!
if you had continued to play, you wouldve found out that "pet" is essentially their word for spouse/mate

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Pet is just a word. They explain to you that they will basically exist to please YOU and that many Neekos can claim you as "Pet". So its their way to tell you that they willingly submit to you

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Pet is just a word. They explain to you that they will basically exist to please YOU and that many Neekos can claim you as "Pet". So its their way to tell you that they willingly submit to you
That's an even better definition than I should have come up with in the story itself. Excellent idea and adding to my notes. Thank you :)

This goes hand in hand with where I mentioned that "pets" needed a bit more explanation in the first episode.

Griffihn

Aug 20, 2022
it would've helped quite a bit if that sort of definition was explained before you left earth. sorry, after a decade of climbing through ranks, i tend to be very touchy about being called a pet and i tend to get a bit too absorbed in what i read, especially when i find a good story. still, Demonius, juan palote, thank you for the explanations.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Please don't think I am not appreciative of your feedback when I say this, but isn't this going a bit overboard for a VN? Yes, I do quite a lot of researching on certain subjects when I intend to write a situation... and actually I did research this a bit. But my intention was to show that 'Mike' had done well through it due to keeping busy with rebuilding the rocket, plus having the AI to talk to. As an afterthought... I really didn't want to make this part of the story over complicated either, especially since there may later be some "flashback" scenes later to open up some things about his past (like him dealing with loneliness).
And just so we're clear, the political correctness statement was made by a character in a story and doesn't mean he is supposed to be using it grammatically perfectly. I'm sure some creative license permits me some freedom on that small piece of the dialogue here. If I'm wrong on that, then please anyone - let me know.
And no, I do NOT write domination stuff outside of a single scene I did early in Serenity which I plan to remove when I get to the 'redo' on that game. Now there may be some VERY light, playful exchanges, but nothing like what you might be thinking.

As for the researching of things... some of you probably have no idea the pain some of us go through to make sure things we say are at least somewhat accurate (within the boundaries of creative license of course). For example, I didn't happen to know about the lowest temperature ever recorded on earth was at Vostok Station in Antarctica. Google that one! LOL. My point is, I definitely research things. ;)

Reactions: Tavi13 and pgm_01

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
N2TheFire
You got me almost. Almost, but then you "lost" the drive. :sneaky:
The wormhole transport was kinda smart and different to other Sci-Fi (Star Trek) franchises, i liked it alot, and then you decided to kill all of your protagonists by "beaming" and sending just copies of them to their destination.
The wormhole would have transported them in one piece (like Lexi and Nat appeared on earth) Stargate SG-9 like. ;)

Ah, don't mind me, i love the VN so far. Good stuff mate! (y)

Reactions: N2TheFire

Draconias_F

Mar 10, 2019
This is the first time I've played a game from this developer and I have to say, I quite like the basic story and concept itself.

Um the following contains spoilers so:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but aside from the first appearance of the queen and the looks of the MC, this is really something nice and worth looking forward to, thank you for doing this.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
My first thought about the nanobots was to have the MC get a good scan of the Neko transport/wormhole system, and have the nanobots build the system into his ship.

:cool: Eric Grey

• Red Heart
Reactions: N2TheFire

choaklee

Jan 31, 2020
The game is beyond my expectation . I was hesitate to downloaod the game but the story went well and I found myself looking forward for the next chapter.

However, I would like to provide somethings I have noticed in the game. Some of them may have been pointed out by above posts, I will go over others.

1. At the begining of the game, you try to show us that neko stereotype human as rude animals via Alexis behavior: against a lot of idea MC suggest at begin(and maybe want to present Alexis's characteristic as well), it is okay to do it. but present this without considering the situation is not wise. First impression is already far from stereotypes, not even metnion LI is in an unknown place, which is under MC's control. outside of the house is dead zone. I didn't see any brave but stupid/brainless from Alexis, unless you mean it.

2. The quality of the render is good. Although most of LI's has very similar physical form, and similar face shape. There is no problem the content creator make their game with personal favor, but what cause the problem is the facial expression. It does not present LI's emotion very well, sometimes it is even incorrect.

For example
163933.jpg
This is the sense LI is waiting and should show worries but what I see is a frown face.

This issue happened in a lot place, I think it is due to handful facial expression pattern. In addition, from my view most of LI share the same pattern of facial expression. So, similar physical form, similar face shape, sharing same pattern of the facial expression. When they stand together, it is like watching power ranger, I could only distinguish them by their color.

Other then that, it is quite a good game. I have no problem of no option in the game. The story is attractive and it definitely reach the certain quality. I am looking forward for the next episode.

It is my review of last human.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
This is the first time I've played a game from this developer and I have to say, I quite like the basic story and concept itself.

Um the following contains spoilers so:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but aside from the first appearance of the queen and the looks of the MC, this is really something nice and worth looking forward to, thank you for doing this.
I replied directly to each of your paragraphs inside the spoiler tag.

Overall, I could have written this thing 900 different ways. And there would be 900 people to not like something about each of those ways. So, it's cool. As I told someone else, I certainly appreciate that people can get this passionate about my game (if you want to call it a game). I am glad that you enjoyed it anyway. :)

Reactions: juan palote

Vii Dark

Jul 11, 2018
...Nia.. =^.^= Hooray... neko in space... I love this developer's plot :) I want to go into this world... :) become part of the harem of a hero :) But I would really like to play more. The choice of dialogue... Especially plus the author that he combined the two stories... to see familiar faces... it's cool :)

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes