4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

paradroid

Sep 19, 2020
I think what you read is "This is the end of Episode 1" - which means the next update will be 'Episode 2', and so forth. The naming convention shouldn't be too confusing; it reads like a series with new episodes each update. To me, much less confusing than some I've seen out there with "Chapter 3, part 6, update 5". Last Human's major updates will be new episodes, while minor updates (fixes/bugs, etc.) will change the 'version'.

The first release of Last Human was Episode 1, which was 'version 0.1'. That was during beta. After applying some fixes, correcting some spelling/grammar twice... by the time Episode 1 went public, it was 'version 0.3' - but still Episode 1. As an example, when Episode 2 comes out for patrons (beta), it will be version 0.4. And if I have to fix anything and rebuild again, it will be version 0.5 or 0.6 - but it will still contain Episodes 1 and 2 at that point.

I hope that clears up any confusion anyone has about how I version my games.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was just afraid something went wrong with my download.

Looking forward to episode 2.

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
For those who does NOT like to be called with surname Trent there is gift from me. Just unpack this zip into game and replace all files in here.

After patch you need start new game. Otherwise you may catch some bugs because I replaced surname with string that's defined at the start.

N2TheFire I'm sure that this idea is good enough and deserve to be implemented in next version too.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHREDDER1976

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
For those who does NOT like to be called with surname Trent there is gift from me. Just unpack this zip into game and replace all files in here.

After patch you need start new game. Otherwise you may catch some bugs because I replaced surname with string that's defined at the start.

N2TheFire I'm sure that this idea is good enough and deserve to be implemented in next version too.
With the highest respect (because I too appreciate modders and mods that help improve games) I have to tell you that I have no plans for changing the surname or making it changeable. I used the name Trent for a reason. And without spoiling the story I have laid out for you guys to enjoy, there will be graphics with the name Trent. So, forcing this change will (although in a very small way) break the continuity between dialogue and graphics I have painstakingly planned out well in advance.

Mod away if you wish... Just know that it won't be quite what I had in mind and I won't try to account for the mod in future updates. Again, this is absolutely NO disrespect to you, or anyone else who chooses to forcechange the surname I chose to use.

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
Hello N2TheFire

I agree people insisting on wanting to change there last name is a little silly.

but I just had a thought on how you could possibly put your own mod into the game to explain there changing last name in the game.

for Example.
you could say, "I decided to change my last name Trent to ( Smith for example ) because i found it a sad joke to be the last living being Trenting around the Earth's surface.

by the was, besides the fantastic detail and graphic's you put into your games, one thing i really love is the storylines, they flow so much better then other multi choice or single path Vasal Novel games i have played.
Most i have played the story is really good for a while, but then it feel's forced.

This is something i never found in Serenity because you create a fantastic story line before you create the image's to go with it.

damnmalic

May 29, 2021
Can someone make a patch to substitute the word pet? Even though I've seen that they don't mean it in a bad diminishing way it's still a turn-off to be called "pet". Unless it's used when addressing an actual animal being called a pet is demeaning no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Hello N2TheFire

I agree people insisting on wanting to change there last name is a little silly.

but I just had a thought on how you could possibly put your own mod into the game to explain there changing last name in the game.

for Example.
you could say, "I decided to change my last name Trent to ( Smith for example ) because i found it a sad joke to be the last living being Trenting around the Earth's surface.

by the was, besides the fantastic detail and graphic's you put into your games, one thing i really love is the storylines, they flow so much better then other multi choice or single path Vasal Novel games i have played.
Most i have played the story is really good for a while, but then it feel's forced.

This is something i never found in Serenity because you create a fantastic story line before you create the image's to go with it.
I totally 100% agree with everything you said about the graphics and wonderful story-lines in both this game and Serenity.
Thing is, there have been lots of great ideas from devs in the past, but they have simply been unable to articulate them into a fully fleshed out story. It takes a lot of dedication and time. working out who your characters are going to be, what they are going to do, what the mc is going to do, what choices are you going to give him or her, what is the overiding story in which all these characters interact, it goes on and on. create the framework of the story and characters, then let your imagination run wild while telling a story, but a lot of the time, devs loose interest, they've made their money, they are bored with what they are currently doing, so they rush the story to the end, which usually always makes no sense at all. The reason they do this, is so that they can start on another project in which they will eventually fail.

However N2TheFire is an exceptional writer and developer. Serenity is to me a master piece, and his new game Being Human is also shaping up to be another masterpiece too, at least I think so. The characters all feel alive. The MC isn't a manchild thing. His stories are immersive and draw you into them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: N2TheFire

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I totally 100% agree with everything you said about the graphics and wonderful story-lines in both this game and Serenity.
Thing is, there have been lots of great ideas from devs in the past, but they have simply been unable to articulate them into a fully fleshed out story. It takes a lot of dedication and time. working out who your characters are going to be, what they are going to do, what the mc is going to do, what choices are you going to give him or her, what is the overiding story in which all these characters interact, it goes on and on. create the framework of the story and characters, then let your imagination run wild while telling a story, but a lot of the time, devs loose interest, they've made their money, they are bored with what they are currently doing, so they rush the story to the end, which usually always makes no sense at all. The reason they do this, is so that they can start on another project in which they will eventually fail.

However N2TheFire is an exceptional writer and developer. Serenity is to me a master piece, and his new game Being Human is also shaping up to be another masterpiece too, at least I think so. The characters all feel alive. The MC isn't a manchild thing. His stories are immersive and draw you into them.
Wow, thank you for the kind words. Devs need that now and then as we tend to get some brutal feedback sometimes LOL. I think I have a lot left to learn, though I can see that I am getting better. On the money side of it, I'm not really making a lot of it yet. But I didn't really get into it for the money to start with. I just enjoy telling a story and illustrating it. The money would be nice for sure. Right now, pretty much 50% of what I am making from subs and contributions go towards paying for music licensing, supporting several modders (whose work has made a lot of things possible for me, especially with Last Human), and supporting other devs when I can. I want to see this AVN community thrive, so I try to support other devs who are friendly and approachable. Most of the bigger devs out there, you have very little chance of talking to one on one. I never want to get that far away from my fanbase. ;)

Maknzy

Aug 24, 2020
For me personally, I enjoy both Last Human as well as Serenity. The characters are well (pardon the pun) fleshed out. The all have flaws, they all have traits, they all are believable. And as I enjoy that work that N2TheFire does, I also like to support him so he can bring more of the story to life. People play phone games and spend hundreds of dollars a month for a few extra pixels in a game, so why not spend less than half of that and help someone else bring better content via renders or animations to something you enjoy? There are a lot of creators that lock their work behind a paywall, I get it that they want to be paid for all of the work they do. But in the same time, the work they are doing is not completed, and there is no guarantee that it will be. I understand those that lock certain elements, special renders, or helps and hints behind a paywall. Even modders have started doing that with their work. But watching the story of Serenity grow and come to life for me has been a worthwhile investment. Seeing where the graphics and images started from, to where they are today. It is truly amazing. Some have been derogatory about the fact that both of N2TheFire's games are linear visual novels, slow burns and not much for options. So what? They are stories that allow you to immerse yourself without having to try and figure out the 'best option for the most content'. The music he uses seems to be specifically chosen for each scene with precision and care, adding more depth and feeling than just words and images could do alone. Thank you for sharing these stories with us.

TL;DR ME LIKE NEKOS

Last edited:

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
For those of you who mostly (or only) follow Last Human -
I am currently almost done with Serenity Chapter 2 (Episode 2) update. I hope to get the beta out by next weekend. After that, I'm going to take a break for the holidays and spend time with my wife, family, friends, etc... I pretty much live at my desk since my full time job is in IT, and then I work on my games in the evenings (or while working from home when things are slow). I'm basically a hermit year-round. First work day of January 2023 though, I'll be working on Last Human again - getting Episode 2 of that one started. I expect the update to take anywhere from 2 months to 3. It will be a big update with a lot of content, so it will be a lot of work with quite a few scenes I have to build from scratch.
So, hang in there my friends, next LH update is definitely on the horizon. ;)

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
For those of you who mostly (or only) follow Last Human -
I am currently almost done with Serenity Chapter 2 (Episode 2) update. I hope to get the beta out by next weekend. After that, I'm going to take a break for the holidays and spend time with my wife, family, friends, etc... I pretty much live at my desk since my full time job is in IT, and then I work on my games in the evenings (or while working from home when things are slow). I'm basically a hermit year-round. First work day of January 2023 though, I'll be working on Last Human again - getting Episode 2 of that one started. I expect the update to take anywhere from 2 months to 3. It will be a big update with a lot of content, so it will be a lot of work with quite a few scenes I have to build from scratch.
So, hang in there my friends, next LH update is definitely on the horizon. ;)
I have managed to free up some money and subbed you on patreon, which I wanted to do for some time, but finally managed to do it. I am in your fade goddess group. Wish I could afford to be in a higher tier, but for now it is all I can manage financially. I hope my sub can be of some help to you because you deserve it!.
Have a wonderful christmas and I wish you and your family a peaceful happy time with lots of cheer, and I hope next year can bring you peace and more happiness.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I have managed to free up some money and subbed you on patreon, which I wanted to do for some time, but finally managed to do it. I am in your fade goddess group. Wish I could afford to be in a higher tier, but for now it is all I can manage financially. I hope my sub can be of some help to you because you deserve it!.
Have a wonderful christmas and I wish you and your family a peaceful happy time with lots of cheer, and I hope next year can bring you peace and more happiness.
Thank you Neko-Chan-Nyaaa
And welcome to our little family. I have patrons who have been with me since I first started like 3 years ago :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Neko-Chan Pacifica

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Thought I would jump in here and post for my LH fans over here. As some of you probably know already, Serenity Chapter 2: Episode 2 was just released to beta. Now that I am finally done with that, I'm taking some time to myself for the holidays, but will get to work on LH's next update the first week of January. I'm hoping to have that done a lot faster than this Serenity update took - between 2 and 3 months, hopefully 2 though.

I have several episodes worth of LH content outlined and a story board for ep2 that I started on. But, I have MANY notes sent in by a lot of you guys on ep1 that I will be addressing also. Small dialog/story issues I want to get resolved. A couple of renders I want to redo, nothing too complicated really. I learned from Serenity not to get too far into it before fixing these kinds of things.

The next episode of LH will be some "getting to know each other" stuff mostly as they take the Aurora out into the Pantherian system to explore, scan, learn, etc. Starting with ep3, things will start to pick up and work similarly to an episode of classic Star Trek. Each episode will be a new situation that basically gets resolved by the end (mostly - some may continue for bigger situations). And along the side of that, your relationships with the crew will grow, each with their own personalities and whatever issues they carry.

Keep in mind that I render a LOT of images for my VN's. If you wonder why development takes so long, well that is why. I like VN's to show facial expressions, gestures and poses, as well as things sometimes happening in the background. So when you're reading, you want to look at the image. So many VN's will have you reading 10 lines of dialog with a single static image. I hate that. So mine have a new image for every 1 to 2 lines of dialog (once in a while 3). Anyway, because of this, it can take a long time to do an update with enough content to be worth your time. So bear with me when things take a bit longer than I expect sometimes. That's just outside of normal life stuff like my full time job. :)

Well, that's all for now. I'll post up some images later as I have a chance. I have one I started working on for Christmas with Last Human characters. So I'll try to finish that one and share with you soon. :)

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Thought I would jump in here and post for my LH fans over here. As some of you probably know already, Serenity Chapter 2: Episode 2 was just released to beta. Now that I am finally done with that, I'm taking some time to myself for the holidays, but will get to work on LH's next update the first week of January. I'm hoping to have that done a lot faster than this Serenity update took - between 2 and 3 months, hopefully 2 though.

I have several episodes worth of LH content outlined and a story board for ep2 that I started on. But, I have MANY notes sent in by a lot of you guys on ep1 that I will be addressing also. Small dialog/story issues I want to get resolved. A couple of renders I want to redo, nothing too complicated really. I learned from Serenity not to get too far into it before fixing these kinds of things.

The next episode of LH will be some "getting to know each other" stuff mostly as they take the Aurora out into the Pantherian system to explore, scan, learn, etc. Starting with ep3, things will start to pick up and work similarly to an episode of classic Star Trek. Each episode will be a new situation that basically gets resolved by the end (mostly - some may continue for bigger situations). And along the side of that, your relationships with the crew will grow, each with their own personalities and whatever issues they carry.

Keep in mind that I render a LOT of images for my VN's. If you wonder why development takes so long, well that is why. I like VN's to show facial expressions, gestures and poses, as well as things sometimes happening in the background. So when you're reading, you want to look at the image. So many VN's will have you reading 10 lines of dialog with a single static image. I hate that. So mine have a new image for every 1 to 2 lines of dialog (once in a while 3). Anyway, because of this, it can take a long time to do an update with enough content to be worth your time. So bear with me when things take a bit longer than I expect sometimes. That's just outside of normal life stuff like my full time job. :)

Well, that's all for now. I'll post up some images later as I have a chance. I have one I started working on for Christmas with Last Human characters. So I'll try to finish that one and share with you soon. :)
Happy holidays mate!

• Red Heart

excalibertypo

Apr 10, 2020

Happy holidays, stay safe

• Red Heart

IMNC

Sep 3, 2019
Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 5.45.53 PM.png
That's an N1, and is cursed to blowing up.
Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 6.07.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 6.07.38 PM.png
What happened to the second stage? You even show the engines for the second stage in one shot, but never use them. That flight profile wouldn't get you into orbit either, nor would the following image actually get you closer to the station. Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 6.10.15 PM.png

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes