4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
View attachment 2265493
That's an N1, and is cursed to blowing up.
View attachment 2265539 View attachment 2265540
What happened to the second stage? You even show the engines for the second stage in one shot, but never use them. That flight profile wouldn't get you into orbit either, nor would the following image actually get you closer to the station. View attachment 2265542
I know you mean well. But, I used what I had to work with. Is every single detail of every single render in this going to be scientifically and perfectly accurate? NO.
Am I going to try? Yes, where possible. Am I Gene Roddenberry? Absolutely not.
This is why these games aren't considered "Complete" until you get a "final" version. Because as things become available or we find more accurate assets to replace older ones, we go back and improve things. (At least I do).
If you're going to pick apart things like this, then why stop there? There is a lot more that would be completely inaccurate than this. I mean, diranium? There is no such thing. Nanobots? Definitely nothing like the ones in my story. Hell, while we're at it, there really isn't any such place as Pantheria either.

I try to illustrate a scene as best I can with what I have. I also try to find things I don't have before I 'settle' for something less accurate (when possible). I've even tried to make things from scratch (the interior of the rocket for example, completely made from scratch and miscellaneous parts). But where do you draw the line when it comes to accuracy while trying to illustrate using HS or HS2?

And just so we're clear. I am well aware of what rocket that is. It is an N1/L3, Russian, 30 engines, which included a lunar package (L3). My goal was not to write about the N1 Russian rocket. I used it because its a cool looking rocket, and it was an available asset that I was able to import into HS2. From what I had to choose from, this one was the best candidate. It did not come apart at the correct places for a completely accurate portrayal of this rocket. So, you see the result of me doing what I could with what I had.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I know you mean well. But, I used what I had to work with. Is every single detail of every single render in this going to be scientifically and perfectly accurate? NO.
Am I going to try? Yes, where possible. Am I Gene Roddenberry? Absolutely not.
This is why these games aren't considered "Complete" until you get a "final" version. Because as things become available or we find more accurate assets to replace older ones, we go back and improve things. (At least I do).
If you're going to pick apart things like this, then why stop there? There is a lot more that would be completely inaccurate than this. I mean, diranium? There is no such thing. Nanobots? Definitely nothing like the ones in my story. Hell, while we're at it, there really isn't any such place as Pantheria either.

I try to illustrate a scene as best I can with what I have. I also try to find things I don't have before I 'settle' for something less accurate (when possible). I've even tried to make things from scratch (the interior of the rocket for example, completely made from scratch and miscellaneous parts). But where do you draw the line when it comes to accuracy while trying to illustrate using HS or HS2?

And just so we're clear. I am well aware of what rocket that is. It is an N1/L3, Russian, 30 engines, which included a lunar package (L3). My goal was not to write about the N1 Russian rocket. I used it because its a cool looking rocket, and it was an available asset that I was able to import into HS2. From what I had to choose from, this one was the best candidate. It did not come apart at the correct places for a completely accurate portrayal of this rocket. So, you see the result of me doing what I could with what I had.
Dont pay too much attention to that kind of posts, you are doing an awesome job, keep it up

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Dont pay too much attention to that kind of posts, you are doing an awesome job, keep it up
I know. I need to chill out with some of my replies. I've been a bit defensive lately and I need to stop doing that and just work :D

Reactions: pgm_01

brknsoul

Nov 2, 2017
yesterday it worked just fine
Perhaps you tested it before I tried to dload it. Loving Serenity, keep up the spectacular neko-goodness! Nyah!
I haven't tried this one yet, should be fun when I get around to it. Currently playing Grandma's House. ;-)

Feb 17, 2018
N2TheFire I recommend you to put at the description of the game, on the first page, the rubric "Other games: Serenity" and to modify the Serenity page as well with the section "Other Games: Last Human" because some people do not link the games together as having the same developer until they acces the Patreon page. And many if they do not recognize the developer and see that the game is new and not yet well-known, they give up trying the game or accesing the Patreon page a few updates until the game becomes more popular...

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
N2TheFire I recommend you to put at the description of the game, on the first page, the rubric "Other games: Serenity" and to modify the Serenity page as well with the section "Other Games: Last Human" because some people do not link the games together as having the same developer until they acces the Patreon page. And many if they do not recognize the developer and see that the game is new and not yet well-known, they give up trying the game or accesing the Patreon page a few updates until the game becomes more popular...
I second this. It would be helpful for other/new players. (y)

Reactions: ☾♄คгφη

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
You are right. I think I noticed on other devs' threads that is shows their other games. No idea why I didn't think to do that. Thanks!

damnmalic

May 29, 2021
Here is your chance to vote on that:

Plus the second quick devlog for everyone :)
Well sadly looks like the poll isn't in my favor but like you said it's not hard to do and im sure it would make the experiences of some readers better. Thanks anyways.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Well sadly looks like the poll isn't in my favor but like you said it's not hard to do and im sure it would make the experiences of some readers better. Thanks anyways.
I don't particularly care either way, myself, but polls like this aren't necessarily "will only do what the majority says". For instance, at present, the poll shows 38 people would like a choice added, while 143 people are fine with things the way they are. The poll gives N2 an idea of numbers, and if he decides it's a small enough change to help the 20% of the game's fans who don't like it, and that it won't offend the 80% who are voting "it's fine as is" to add the choice, he might still add it. So don't take it as "we must win the vote for it to change".

For example, WCA's dev ran a poll about adding RPG and combat mechanics. 58% voted for 'yes, add it', but he decided not to add it, with this explanation:
According to this data, trying to add this to the game would completely ruin it for approximately 15% of you, and could potentially ruin it for another nearly 28%. Less than 60% of respondents considered this a good idea, and I'm not a fan of alienating nearly half of my community. RPG mechanics will not be featured in WCA.
So take the poll as it's intended: N2 gathering information/data, not making a decision based purely on the poll result itself.

• Red Heart
Reactions: N2TheFire
4.20 star(s) 17 Votes