4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

damnmalic

May 29, 2021
I don't particularly care either way, myself, but polls like this aren't necessarily "will only do what the majority says". For instance, at present, the poll shows 38 people would like a choice added, while 143 people are fine with things the way they are. The poll gives N2 an idea of numbers, and if he decides it's a small enough change to help the 20% of the game's fans who don't like it, and that it won't offend the 80% who are voting "it's fine as is" to add the choice, he might still add it. So don't take it as "we must win the vote for it to change".

For example, WCA's dev ran a poll about adding RPG and combat mechanics. 58% voted for 'yes, add it', but he decided not to add it, with this explanation:

So take the poll as it's intended: N2 gathering information/data, not making a decision based purely on the poll result itself.
(y)

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I don't particularly care either way, myself, but polls like this aren't necessarily "will only do what the majority says". For instance, at present, the poll shows 38 people would like a choice added, while 143 people are fine with things the way they are. The poll gives N2 an idea of numbers, and if he decides it's a small enough change to help the 20% of the game's fans who don't like it, and that it won't offend the 80% who are voting "it's fine as is" to add the choice, he might still add it. So don't take it as "we must win the vote for it to change".

For example, WCA's dev ran a poll about adding RPG and combat mechanics. 58% voted for 'yes, add it', but he decided not to add it, with this explanation:

So take the poll as it's intended: N2 gathering information/data, not making a decision based purely on the poll result itself.
Exactly!!

Well sadly looks like the poll isn't in my favor but like you said it's not hard to do and im sure it would make the experiences of some readers better. Thanks anyways.
Read Tiur's post above. :)

Reactions: Tiur

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Hey guys,
For those of you who didn't like the use of the word "pet", this should be good news. :)
Thanks to those of you who took the time to vote!

Nothing against the Petname Pet, but more options are always cool. ENJOY! :p

Sep 3, 2018
I beg to differ:

A neko is a furry, ie. a cat with female features. Not a woman with feline ears.
The word "neko" is merely the Japanese word for cat. Plain, normal, everyday kittycats. In Japanese mythology there are "bakeneko" and "nekomata" among other types of feline monsters, but the word neko simply means cat. If the dev wants to use the term for the catgirls in these games they can, in fact it's not without precedent as the word "kitsune" merely means fox but is also applied without distinction to mythological shapeshifting supernatural foxes.

If you wanted a more precise translation of "catgirl" you'd probably use "nekoko", or "nekojin" for cat people in general. The Japanese themselves often refer to them as "nekomimi", which literally translates to "cat ears" though such kittypersons rarely have only cat ears but often include a tail and other feline attributes --though not usually fur or animal-like facial features.

Anyhow, that's your catgirl infodump of the day from someone who knows way too much about the subject to not be considered a weirdo.

Reactions: Twistty and Maknzy
Sep 3, 2018
There should be a Sexy Neko tag. Just sayin'. And I am glad to see LH now has its own thread also.
I was going to say there should be a "catgirl" tag myself, that's probably the term most people would recognize and it's certainly a fetish of sorts all its own. Sure a lot of people who like catgirls might also like other animal women like foxgirls of wolfgirls and might also cross over deeper into the "furvert" category, but catgirls are in a league of their own in popularity. In fact many people who don't consider themselves fans of sexy furries and even to an extent the mainstream will make an exception for catwomen.

Give us a Catgirl tag!

Reactions: Maknzy
Sep 3, 2018
"Nyani the fuck?"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I admit I'm a weirdo with a mild catgirl obsession, but I'm harmless. I'm the affectionate and protective type, not the abusive kind. I put the "romantic" in the term "hopeless romantic".

Also, that video clip is adorable! I only wish it was more like 20 minutes than 2 seconds. :( Can't get too much of that neko cuteness.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I admit I'm a weirdo with a mild catgirl obsession, but I'm harmless. I'm the affectionate and protective type, not the abusive kind. I put the "romantic" in the term "hopeless romantic".

Also, that video clip is adorable! I only wish it was more like 20 minutes than 2 seconds. :( Can't get too much of that neko cuteness.
Koneko-chan from Highschool DxD - she's awesome in many ways, but she doesn't "come out" as a nekomimi until a fair ways into the series.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
HSDXD is my favorite anime. Funny as hell and nearly as ridiculous. Such a great little series.
Yeah, it's great, not my favorite, but right up there.
Honestly that's one of the better "Oh yeah, you're fucked buddy." scenes in anime in general. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Honestly that's one of the better "Oh yeah, you're fucked buddy." scenes in anime in general. :ROFLMAO:
Looks interesting. Not having seen this, I checked on MyAnimeList for more information. They say there is only 12 episodes. Checking on my favorite BT site, It has 4 seasons!

I might have to take a look.

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Looks interesting. Not having seen this, I checked on MyAnimeList for more information. They say there is only 12 episodes. Checking on my favorite BT site, It has 4 seasons!

I might have to take a look.
If it helps influence you further, you should know; there are tits. A lot of them.

• Haha
Reactions: EricGrey

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
If it helps influence you further, you should know; there are tits. A lot of them.
I have pretty eclectic tastes when it comes to Anime. For example, I have Demon Slayer on tap ATM, but took a break to watch Bella. My Plex has about 1.5TB of titles on it from back when BT and Fansubs ruled. Everything from .Hack to Air to Cat Planet Cuties and more.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but tits in and for themselves doesn't recommend it to me.

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName
Sep 3, 2018
I'm definitely seeing Evangelion influence... but honestly no offense this has nothing on the sheer horror and terror of the last half of Episode 19. Berserk mode Unit 01 is apocalypse-grade "oh fuck".

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes