4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

Good evening my friends!

Here we are, Last Human Episode 2 is ready for beta. I am releasing tonight for Fade Crown and Dream Angel tiers. Following is the release schedule:

Thursday, 6th April 2023 - Fade Crown ($25) & Dream Angel ($50)

Saturday, 8th April 2023 - Fade Defender ($15)

Monday, 10th April 2023 - Fade Goddess ($10)

Thursday, 13th April 2023 - Fade Angel ($5)

Tuesday, 18th April 2023 - Fade Visitor ($2)

Thursday, 20th April 2023 - Public Release (free)

Important Release Notes: I have added a feature that will allow you to change the name for "pet" (term of endearment). You will need to start a new game so that you can enter that. Otherwise, it will show up in dialog as the variable: [pet]

I apologize for that inconvenience. Just start a new game, enter your chosen names, then you can tab through the first episode.

Release post:

lh_previews_ep02_015.png

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
This is the second chapter within The Last Human and not separate from The Last Human.
There's also a Serenity Chapter 2 in the making, but that's a separate series where chapter 1 and 2 are released as standalones, unlike The Last Human where chapter 1 and 2 are released together in the same KN.
Do I understand that right?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
This is the second chapter within The Last Human and not separate from The Last Human.
There's also a Serenity Chapter 2 in the making, but that's a separate series where chapter 1 and 2 are released as standalones, unlike The Last Human where chapter 1 and 2 are released together in the same KN.
Do I understand that right?
This is not Last Human chapter 2, it is Last Human Episode 2. Both LH and Serenity are structured in very large chapters, with many episodes per chapter.

Last Human Chapter 1 is on Episode 2 now (one download)
Once Last Human gets far enough for Chapter 2, that will probably be a separate download.
Serenity Chapter 1 is completed (one download)
Serenity Chapter 2 currently on Episode 1 (one download)

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Honestly... first it is not The Last Human... it's just Last Human. And yeah that matters because it isn't the manga called ' '.

And maybe I should have called them "Seasons" instead of "Chapters" because people seem to get all confused. FWIW, chapters are neither short nor long. A chapter to a story can be one full length AVN. There are a few movies titled this way. But anyway, yes...

Serenity (the first game I did) was basically Chapter 1. It is complete. It is separate.
Serenity Chapter 2 is the continuation of the above and will release in 'episodes'.

And finally, Last Human is just that. If it is liked enough and I feel like going on, it will also get a 'continuation'. In which case, maybe it will instead be titled 'Last Human: Season 2' - then release in episodes as usual. Would that be less confusing?

Reactions: Digteren and pgm_01

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
For those interested, the latest update for Last Human was just released to the $15 tier tonight. The $10 tier release will happen either Sunday night or very early Monday morning.

Monday, 10th April 2023 - Fade Goddess ($10) <<NEXT UP

Reactions: Digteren and pgm_01

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Because I haven't changed the tiers yet on my SubscribeStar page, you can actually get this update on the $10 tier over there now. The tiers will be changed to match the ones on my Patreon once this release is public. (On Patreon, this tier will release late tomorrow night.)

Reactions: pgm_01

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
For those interested, the latest update for Last Human was just released to the $15 tier tonight. The $10 tier release will happen either Sunday night or very early Monday morning.

Monday, 10th April 2023 - Fade Goddess ($10) <<NEXT UP

The first release, you noted it was beta, but that designation was left off here. Have you moved to full release now? I tend to wait for the full release myself.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
The first release, you noted it was beta, but that designation was left off here. Have you moved to full release now? I tend to wait for the full release myself.
honestly, I consider it a full release. I mean, there may be 2 or 3 minor misspelling/grammar errors/typos. I don't think you need to wait for that. I am usually pretty thorough on my final playthrough (not perfect, but pretty thorough). If no one in the upper tiers reported any major errors after day 1, I consider it a done deal. I have also, myself downloaded my own game, extracted, and played through it completely (PC version anyway).

Reactions: EricGrey

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Release for $10 tier is posted...

Monday, 10th April 2023 - Fade Goddess ($10)

Thursday, 13th April 2023 - Fade Angel ($5) <<NEXT UP

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Hey guys, the $5 tier release will post at around 10pm (US Central Time) tomorrow (Wednesday) night. I'll be uploading a new build before that to correct some misspellings and other issues the upper tiers reported to me. There are a few other very minor things I want to change/fix, but those can wait until I work on episode 3.

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes