4.20 star(s) 19 Votes

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Well, the relationships DO happen a bit faster than reality would dictate they should. Not as bad as Serenity, but still enough that this isn't the first person to comment on that. I've seen a lot of other really great VNs do the same thing. Last night I got a little too much 'in my feelings' because I don't really understand why people reviewing these things constantly act like they're suddenly a comedian instead of a constructive reviewer. The review in question here was fine! Until that last bit. Why add that? There is no other reason outside of just deciding to be a dick.

Anyway, I won't delete my post. It isn't that bad. It's how I feel about it. I usually wouldn't have gone to the extent of posting about it. I just get pissed when people overexaggerate to a point where what they're saying simply isn't even true anymore. They just turn the review area into a stage for them to see how clever they can be in humiliating the dev. I've got some bad reviews in both games. I can point out several 1-star reviews I have where the person didn't need to do that.

It is what it is. I appreciate the support from you guys. And besides, it is Friday... time for a new devlog to update on all this bullshit I was dealing with and finally get back to work on the update again. See you soon ;)
Hope you have a wonderful BDAY and many more.:giggle::giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: N2TheFire

Yorwanain1

Jun 23, 2024
English is not my natural language and I have translated this comment with Google so if there is any misinterpretation I apologize.
I really like the games you have developed and the idea of a multiverse with a copy of us in each one and that under certain conditions they can interact with each other is also very interesting.
I also think that, since we are in the multiverse, our dark side could be explored. For example: The Lord of Dreams and the Last Human on the light side and The Lord of Nightmares and the Last Conqueror on the dark side. And if they interact with each other we could see what we would become if we made bad decisions.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
English is not my natural language and I have translated this comment with Google so if there is any misinterpretation I apologize.
I really like the games you have developed and the idea of a multiverse with a copy of us in each one and that under certain conditions they can interact with each other is also very interesting.
I also think that, since we are in the multiverse, our dark side could be explored. For example: The Lord of Dreams and the Last Human on the light side and The Lord of Nightmares and the Last Conqueror on the dark side. And if they interact with each other we could see what we would become if we made bad decisions.
That is a very interesting idea. Believe it or not, it is similar to something I have in my list of ideas. Anyway, thanks for the kind words ;)

Reactions: Mutation8888

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
What I usually do with google translate is translate my language to the target language, then translate the google version back to my language to ensure nothing got mixed up before I send it to someone. Looks like it did good this time. I like the idea too. Then the good version in another universe, and story, would be sent to stop the bad version, resulting a major showdown between two different powerhouses.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
View attachment 3869224

Hey everyone... Thank God it's Friday. Last Friday started out a mess that extended through the week at my full-time job. And now I can update you on that situation and we can try to get back on track here.

First, the boring IT stuff - reason I didn't work on game at all this week:

By now, if you read any news at all, everyone has probably seen the various headlines about the Crowdstrike/Microsoft outage event. If you haven't, Crowdstrike is a pretty big antivirus company. Our company handles Accounting and IT for multiple other companies, and we use Crowdstrike. This event caused Windows 10 and 11 computers to crash to a blue screen where 'startup repair' or other methods to repair simply didn't work. In the simplest terms, CS sent an update out which added a bad driver file, with Windows instructed that this file is necessary in order to start up. Hence the blue screen loop people were getting. The fix was actually fairly simple... boot it into safe mode, delete the file, restart - back to normal again. Easy, right? Shit. Try to talk users through this over the phone. To add to this complication, our computers all use bitlocker so in order to even boot to safe mode, everyone needed a bitlocker key as well. That key is 8 sets of 6-digit numbers with dashes between each set. And if you happen to bump the ESC key on that screen, the computer reboots (several times) before you can get back to the repair options. You'd be surprised how many people did this. Anyway, so that is what I spent my week doing. One of our companies is local, our biggest one with the most users. I dealt with them in person. Some of these computers had more issues than simply deleting the file. They were booting to a black screen. For those, we had to reset them (reset but keep files). Our computers are managed via Azure or more accurately, Intune. So resetting isn't terrible... but adds a bit more work to getting a computer back to normal.

As of today, we've pretty much completely recovered from this mess. And today should be a quiet day. I'm back working from home and if it stays pretty quiet, I'll be back on rendering images for LH episode 4 again. I'll be doing that over most of this weekend, right up through my birthday which is Sunday (the day I originally wanted to have this update completed). No sense whining about it now I suppose. I'll just press on and continue working on it until it is finished. A lot of you have sent supportive comments and messages. You guys are the best, really. But I think you've waited long enough on this update so I'm gonna get my ass back to work on it. Meanwhile, enjoy your weekend! Love you all, ...Fire

PS: The special render is for my birthday of course... but I hope any of you who have a birthday close to mine enjoy it as well! Who wouldn't enjoy being served cake by these lovelys? Happy Birthday ;)
Happy Birthday there. Don't let Rin spank you... that might be fatal.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
What I usually do with google translate is translate my language to the target language, then translate the google version back to my language to ensure nothing got mixed up before I send it to someone. Looks like it did good this time. I like the idea too. Then the good version in another universe, and story, would be sent to stop the bad version, resulting a major showdown between two different powerhouses.
Yes, that is a neat idea also. Not to spoil what's ahead but I spent months before I actually started working on LH just writing down episode scenarios for after the MC and pets have all made their respective "connections" and we finally get "out there". I came up with some crazy shit. But this one was definitely very similar to one of them. You really can't have a space adventure the likes of Star Trek without a doppelganger episode LOL. Originally, the actual adventuring (into deep space exploration) wasn't even going to happen until the second season (chapter 2). But I shortened it up a bit after I had some friends read through my outline and said the beginning would feel like its dragging on.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
Yes, that is a neat idea also. Not to spoil what's ahead but I spent months before I actually started working on LH just writing down episode scenarios for after the MC and pets have all made their respective "connections" and we finally get "out there". I came up with some crazy shit. But this one was definitely very similar to one of them. You really can't have a space adventure the likes of Star Trek without a doppelganger episode LOL. Originally, the actual adventuring (into deep space exploration) wasn't even going to happen until the second season (chapter 2). But I shortened it up a bit after I had some friends read through my outline and said the beginning would feel like its dragging on.
Yeah Kirk fighting a sneaky, paranoid, uninhibited double was always entertaining.

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes