3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Kryomancer

Feb 7, 2022
In our case, we've spent an absolutely ridiculous amount of effort tweaking how to generate, what to generate, and what to do with what we generated. Far from any default settings. Not only does the settings, model, lora, and textual inversions affect the result - but the prompting alone has a great impact on the result, or what images you use as a foundation.
You need to understand that your player only sees and enjoys your game, your end product. They will not see your workflow or the countless hours and intricate adjustments you've put into tweaking whatever AI you're using to generate the art. And the reality is that the end result, your art, looks exactly like tens of other low-effort AI generated games that came before it and that's what people are going to see and base their judgement of your game on. I get that being able to generate something like separate clothing sets for same art is a tall order from AI, but I still feel like that effort might have been better spent refining your prompts to give you art a more unique style instead.

Like if I went to McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac, the waiter brought me my burger telling me how the beef was flown in via orbital SpaceX flight, in the kitchen Gordon Ramsay wept tears of joy after seeing it, how the pope himself read litanies of blessings for my burger the whole time it was being put together and how they showed the three imperial regalia of Japan nobody except for the emperor is allowed to see to my burger, all I see on my tray is still a Big Mac and it's going to taste like all the other Big Macs I've had in my life.

I'm going to wait for someone to post the full version before I judge the game as a whole, though.

Reactions: Mister Wake

rain675

Jul 30, 2017
Heyo everyone!

Been interesting reading through your replies. Really, thank you a lot. It would love to be involved in discussing the game.

First thing first, some things that I'd like to immediately address though is:

A. What is available for upload here is just the demo of the full version. A sample to see if it runs well and that the core of the game is interesting for you.

B. Only the demo and the DLSite version are censored; the full version is not.

C. Although AI was used in our workflow, nothing in the game has been *purely* AI generated. A lot of the art is created ground up barely touching AI, other stuff used AI as a core foundation. However all of it have gone through plenty of work from our talented artist.

Working AI-use into our workflow was really a learning experience - some parts I believe we totally nailed, and others not so much. I get where some of you are coming from with your feedback. A bunch of those little quirks you're spotting are probably from the early days of the project, when we were just getting our heads around the tech. And yeah, we kinda jumped in at the deep end and took on more than we could handle at the start, which we then had to scale back. Would love to discuss people's opinion on it!

Also - what do you guys believe are the biggest strengths and weaknesses of the game? One thing that we really struggled with developing the game was figuring out exactly what people cared about - something we've had many heated arguments about. "Do people REALLY care about the stereo mixing of the ambience? Should we instead spend this time adding more environment pixel art? How about the UI? Or should we ONLY focus on the H-content?". This is the kind of thing that sounds really easy until you start working on something yourself for months and months.

// The Programmer
I will try the game later and reply with an update

flyhigh

Dec 7, 2018
Hey, just wanna ask what AI and/or model was used for the CGs?

I am sorry if this was ask some where before and i just couldnt find it.

Last edited:

mimospros

Apr 2, 2018
Haven't played the game yet, but my take on the AI usage is that it's fine, as long as it's not abused.

Realistically, using AI is genuinely hundreds of times faster (and hopefully much cheaper) than waiting for artists to finish commissions. If you use this saved time and money to touch up the game itself, I'm personally all for it.

Essentially, I don't particularly mind the the art is "soulless", so long as the rest of the game is fed more than enough soul to make up for it.
Actually, you can draw some base for image yourself and ask AI to finish it. Even if all you can to draw is crayon doodles - you can just slightly edit what AI drawn from your scritches and run another redraw on AI and do this until you like what you got. Also Civitai is the thing (just google it if you don't know it already).
I'm just sad that google stopped suppporting running AUTOMATIC111 on their google collab servers.

Reactions: lutra_lovegood

YumamiSoft

Jun 12, 2023
You need to understand that your player only sees and enjoys your game, your end product. They will not see your workflow or the countless hours and intricate adjustments you've put into tweaking whatever AI you're using to generate the art. And the reality is that the end result, your art, looks exactly like tens of other low-effort AI generated games that came before it and that's what people are going to see and base their judgement of your game on. I get that being able to generate something like separate clothing sets for same art is a tall order from AI, but I still feel like that effort might have been better spent refining your prompts to give you art a more unique style instead.
Of course, I am not expecting people to like something they normally wouldn't just because 'hey, a lot of work went into it'. If someone has worked for 10 years on something I find ugly, I'll still find it ugly.

What I tried communicating in the post was simply that we aren't just being lazy loading up the first best Stable Diffusion model pressing generate.

However, if the result is still to people's dissatisfaction - all we can really do is try harder and get better, something I promise we will!

AozakiYu

Oct 27, 2018
Bought the game.

For 12$ I am a bit disappointed honestly, if this was 6$ or something it'd be alright.

The biggest issue for me is the gameplay loop, it's simple but it gets very repetitive very quickly and starts becoming "not-fun" because there isn't much variety to what you do, which is: "spam your sword attack, dash to dodge attack, repeat an absurd amount of times for a miniscule amount of gold to progress". And as other people have mentioned, fun combat/gameplay and ease of accessibility to content is important. If you're going to use AI-art as a substitute for a real artist, then you could've diverted resources to making the overall gameplay more enjoyable as well as potentially doubling the hentai variations.

I'm gonna be honest, the loop got so boring real quick I cheated to get infinite gold, looked for all the outfits, skipped fighting ANYTHING because mobs aren't interesting and are just a means to "time-gate" you, beat the boss, and there STILL was no gallery option afterwards.

Again, for a demo the initial impression is promising, but after getting the "full game", I can say I've wasted 12$ which I could've spent on a hentai on sale or another game that focuses solely on superb quality hentai with little game.

Last edited:

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
if i play the demo until the end of it could i use the save for the full version ?

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
The development of this entire game was honestly a huge learning experience when it came to workflow. We're planning on explaining the workflow, and probably demonstrating it. We haven't really decided on exactly how yet. We managed to figure out a workflow that makes it relatively "trivial" to create plenty of different outfit options for a character. Without AI adding the outfits would've taken three times as many artists and four times as long.

If it makes you any happier, this is the first game we've used generative AI tools for art. For better and for worse, I believe that AI tools are going to become the norm in game development and art in general. If misused it is definitely not perfect, this very game contains many a flaw that demonstrates that. But with experience and the correct workflow, people that refuse to use tools that are useful to that degree simply won't be able to compete in the long run.

Me, myself, the programmer of this game have been quite stunned myself with what recent AI development has done. ChatGPT, for example, is nowhere near being able to just "make a game" just how Stable Diffusion is nowhere near able to just "make game art" - but both of them are already *insane* force multipliers, and would affect the world greatly even if they didn't continue to develop.

None of us can help but feel incredibly impressed at times, but also quite afraid at times.
Not sure if I'm just inexperienced or what, but the art looks amazing to me. I wouldn't have known.

Calburn

Aug 15, 2019
Heyo everyone!

Been interesting reading through your replies. Really, thank you a lot. It would love to be involved in discussing the game.

First thing first, some things that I'd like to immediately address though is:

A. What is available for upload here is just the demo of the full version. A sample to see if it runs well and that the core of the game is interesting for you.

B. Only the demo and the DLSite version are censored; the full version is not.

C. Although AI was used in our workflow, nothing in the game has been *purely* AI generated. A lot of the art is created ground up barely touching AI, other stuff used AI as a core foundation. However all of it have gone through plenty of work from our talented artist.

Working AI-use into our workflow was really a learning experience - some parts I believe we totally nailed, and others not so much. I get where some of you are coming from with your feedback. A bunch of those little quirks you're spotting are probably from the early days of the project, when we were just getting our heads around the tech. And yeah, we kinda jumped in at the deep end and took on more than we could handle at the start, which we then had to scale back. Would love to discuss people's opinion on it!

Also - what do you guys believe are the biggest strengths and weaknesses of the game? One thing that we really struggled with developing the game was figuring out exactly what people cared about - something we've had many heated arguments about. "Do people REALLY care about the stereo mixing of the ambience? Should we instead spend this time adding more environment pixel art? How about the UI? Or should we ONLY focus on the H-content?". This is the kind of thing that sounds really easy until you start working on something yourself for months and months.

// The Programmer
Hi, to answer your question there are a couple of points and aspects that would really improve the game in my opinion. I'm going to just list the things that would really make the game great, because I think you have a great base concept but are missing quite a bit in my opinion.

1. Multiple penetration, and groping / harassment cut-ins

2. A fleshed out sensitivity system with varied ero areas. Examples of the basic ones, mouth, breasts, anus, vagina, butt, lips, etc.

3. Definitely a pregnancy + birth system and not a half-assed one either just make sure to add a switch in the options to turn it on or off for people who don't like that kind of stuff.

4. Some sort of ero passives + ero titles would be good, ones that actually effect the player.

5. Tracking for sexual experience aka H-status

6. Maybe occasional sex position change like in maiden snow eve, and wings of roldea.

7. Multi stage loss markings like body writing, scuff marks, and semen, stuff that doesn't dissappear just because you heal or sleep. You would need to add a baths and just one won't get rid of everything for more realism.

8. Another good one is if you get a ero passive / title from specific types of enemies and lose to them again there is a chance for a permanent or semi-permanent visual marking and with certain ones it can be a multi stage thing, example piercings nose, ear, nipple, clit, labia, from bandits or something. Another for demons would be a 3 stage womb tattoo, stuff like that.

So that's all I have off the top of my head but if you want to discuss more in depth, I don't mind if you DM me.

Reactions: Han-Rasen

agus gines

Jun 23, 2018
i really liked this game, im waiting for the full version to make a star review, i like the day and night system, the particle effects and the animations are nice

Reactions: Peacefeel and baged

Hitokiri

Apr 9, 2018
Looks good after 10 mins trial run...just a note, if you mindbreak in the deathcap's pink mist, after you surrender and ge taken to town, you keep getting +2 hits to your stimulation bar, for eternity...something to patch up?

Lama69

Mar 22, 2018
Alright, bought it finished it, ill bite.
as it stands the game is barely worth 12 bucks as was already previously mentioned. The idea is good, it has the potential but as it is now the game is really bare bones and just endless rinseand repeat of Smash the space till you have enough gold to buy next armor and sword upgrade, get key to new area, repeat. It is also missing several things that i feel every game needs to have. That is, menu and options. I have 2 screens, main and secondary one. When i launched the game unity decided just because secondary sceen is screen one its gonna launch on that screen even tho main screen is screen 2. Quite annoying as i have my setup orientated so i can comfortably watch main screen and having to constantly look at screen two my neck starts hurting and so, which since i cant move the game window without even option to put game into windowed mode is a real pain in the arse. Second thing that is also annyoing in this type of game is that there is no teleport system. The concept of having the base in middle and unlocking new areas in circular fashion is ok, but only if every area is connected to center. Having 2-3 areas stacked on top of each other so for me to get into area 3 i have to first run thru area 1 and 2 at constant walk speed and dash that is short distance is not really enjoyeable. Especially if prices for new stuff are jumping on each tier so drastically you have to farm money in new area or you spend hour in previous area just to buy 1 piece of equipment. And rhen you come back, realize youre for example 500 gold short and have to go back across all 3 areas, get the 500 gold and again come all the way back. Its painfull especially since mobs that are already weak to defeat you are still trying to attack you, which slows you down even more.
Well, thats for the thing i feel that need to be adressed. Now suggestions.
1. Horny defeat and arousal bar.
i believe this part should be more refined. Geting horny defeat on 3 orgasms when your arousal bar goes up so fast that one enemy ejaculation pretty much makes you orgasm once and fills up progress to next orgasm by half does not really feel satisfying to me. If there was a sort of corruption system where the higher the corruption state the faster you orgasm yes, in that case that would be reasonable and satisfying. Which also brings me to another point.
2. H-scenes variations and their effects
This game would massively benefit from variations of animations for battle H. Both for single enemy and variations for multiple enemies. I have tried CG collecting. And it did disappoint a little when i saw that i have been downed, swarm of slimes (3-4 of em) descended upon me, but only one grabbed me and fucked the heroine. i feel that it would be better to have variation wheree if youre surrounded by single type of enemies a group of em grabs and gangbangs you. Which brings me to second part of this point and thats effect of H animations. Tweak the values of what does what. A situation where giving forcibly blowjob increases arousal by same amount as heroine getting DPed by a futa succubus is just not making any sense to me. I feel like the arousal bar should be rising a lot faster when you DP someone than when they are blowing someone. same with the mini animations by humanoid npcs that had the breast groping effect.
3. npcs, quests etc.
Even if its a small village, there would still be at least some villagers doing something, 4 npcs for a village of that size is just making the village feel abandoned. they dont even need a dialog, just have some kind of animation of doing something, walking around with a random algorithm would make the starting location feel alive and worth exploring. Also please if possible remove the limit on potion vendor and add a vendor that would sell the costumes to the village. Dont remove the option to find the costumes in field but put up a vendor where for a big price you can buy the costumes. Because game has no minimap or map at all, it can get confusing where have you been and where not, which also makes it a pain to look for costumes. For example i only found school uniform only after i realized i must have missed something 5 areas after i left the area where the school uniform is. I still didnt find the bunny girl like outfit and i already did defeat final boss. Having an option to buy it even if for a large price would give players the option to get outfits they cannot find. Last thing, put up there some questboard or npcs with quests. Doesnt have to be complicated, just go there and kill 20 spiders or other mobs. Just something that would make the grind less painfull.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes