Avians

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2020
I was willing to look past the grammar mistakes 'n such but then it gets to a big map with nothing to do and as soon as I tried to level up the divine aura, it crashes.
I'm sorry, I really am, but sandbox games are just never the way to go. The "good ones" are few and far between and they are a big mountain to climb in terms of development.

Dev, I wish you the best but I don't think this is for me.
Well, it is just a 0.2 version, so there indeed isn't that much to do, although I disagree with map being big - it's just a few locations, and each has some purpose, even if it's very small. Perhaps it's true that right now the sandbox doesn't really benefit the game, but I believe that eventually it will, and that's why I decided to go with it.

Thank you for giving it a fair shot despite your dislike for the sandbox genre, and also, there's no need to apologize, you tried it, and felt like it's not for you, nothing wrong with that.

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
Well, it is just a 0.2 version, so there indeed isn't that much to do, although I disagree with map being big - it's just a few locations, and each has some purpose, even if it's very small. Perhaps it's true that right now the sandbox doesn't really benefit the game, but I believe that eventually it will, and that's why I decided to go with it.

Thank you for giving it a fair shot despite your dislike for the sandbox genre, and also, there's no need to apologize, you tried it, and felt like it's not for you, nothing wrong with that.
i will check in again later I'm not a monster
I just know that sandbox makes it a bit of a nightmare to develop on top of play

Reactions: Avians

VenustusAltus

Jan 6, 2021
Is there currently a way to gain affection with Cornelia, Aria, Marcy, or Siri? If not, it should probably be made clear in their pages that it can't be gained in this version. If so, how can it be gained?

Avians

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2020
Is there currently a way to gain affection with Cornelia, Aria, Marcy, or Siri? If not, it should probably be made clear in their pages that it can't be gained in this version. If so, how can it be gained?
There isn't. You can see a tip telling you what to do next on their pages, and if you already did everything - it will show a message saying so. As for gaining affection - you are right that this should be made more clear, I will make their "schedules", as well as methods of increasing affection, much clearer in the next update.

Reactions: VenustusAltus

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The story doesn't sound bad, and I see the harem and romance tags, that I like. What doesn't convince me is the femdom. Can it be avoided?

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Avians

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2020
The story doesn't sound bad, and I see the harem and romance tags, that I like. What doesn't convince me is the femdom. Can it be avoided?
One scene is not avoidable(unless you ignore main story), although it's very mild. Getting dominated by anyone from the "main girls" is fully avoidable, as every girl that will have a femdom path, will also have an alternative one.

VenustusAltus

Jan 6, 2021
There isn't. You can see a tip telling you what to do next on their pages, and if you already did everything - it will show a message saying so. As for gaining affection - you are right that this should be made more clear, I will make their "schedules", as well as methods of increasing affection, much clearer in the next update.
Yes, I did see the tips in the girls screen, but those girls each had 0/5 affection, which makes it seem as though you can gain affection with them. It's not a huge deal, just a bit confusing. Regardless, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and hoping for more strong content in the future.

Reactions: Avians

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
One scene is not avoidable(unless you ignore main story), although it's very mild. Getting dominated by anyone from the "main girls" is fully avoidable, as every girl that will have a femdom path, will also have an alternative one.
If it's just one scene, that's fine, I guess I'll use CTRL to skip it. In any case, I tend to avoid (romantic and sexualy, as long as is posible) the girls (LIs or not) with I've had to watch some unavoidable femdom scene.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I was willing to look past the grammar mistakes 'n such but then it gets to a big map with nothing to do and as soon as I tried to level up the divine aura, it crashes.
I'm sorry, I really am, but sandbox games are just never the way to go. The "good ones" are few and far between and they are a big mountain to climb in terms of development.

Dev, I wish you the best but I don't think this is for me.
Sandbox is the worst way to make a game... except for all the other ones.

Every single alternative to sandbox turns out to be worse. You just gotta manage to the flaws of sandbox so you can enjoy the benefits.
I just know that sandbox makes it a bit of a nightmare to develop on top of play
Actually most of the time sandbox is way easier to develop than other types of games.
Kinetic novels are even easier (by a lot), but that is not a game but a novel you click to view

Last edited:

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
Sandbox is the worst way to make a game... except for all the other ones.

Every single alternative to sandbox turns out to be worse. You just gotta manage to the flaws of sandbox so you can enjoy the benefits.

Actually most of the time sandbox is way easier to develop than other types of games.
Kinetic novels are even easier (by a lot), but that is not a game but a novel you click to view
Sandbox are hard to do because if you don't have content in every direction every update, the game feels empty and boring so you have to add X amount of stuff for each character, otherwise people whine because "their favorite waifu isn't represented."

There are positives and negatives to each style, but sandbox means as the dev you have to do the most and usually as the player you have to grind a bunch of dumb skills to get to the 30 seconds of content. On top of that you don't know what you'll need to grind before the next update so after the next month rolls around you start the game by grinding again.

Even worse, I can think of more than a few "sandbox" games that are completely linear so the overworld is completely pointless.

And I even said I'll check up on the game later on, I like the premise. I just don't like "open world" games, so sorry I have an opinion that does not equal yours.

Reactions: covertanon

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The game is nice, although the grid to improve reputation by working is boring (even using the CTRL and being fast, repeating the operation dozens of times to archiev the next level is tedious)

For now the LIs seem fine to me, although when the game progresses a little more I will be able to know for sure.

Finally, I didn't like the succubus. I hope any future scenes with her are avoidable. This has been another use of the CTRL button to skip a scene.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Avians you are the dev of this game, right?

Why are there 2 different games with the same name on itch.io?

did you reboot it? did you create a duplicate game page by accident when trying to update it?

Avians

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2020
Avians you are the dev of this game, right?

Why are there 2 different games with the same name on itch.io?

did you reboot it? did you create a duplicate game page by accident when trying to update it?
No, the other one(with the 0.2 in its name) was created so the game will show on the "most recent" tab, and will get unlisted on monday. Also, apparently you can just make a devlog and mark it as "major update" to achieve this, so I won't be doing this again in the future.

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Right off the bat this game starts with an exposition dump (with a fixed background of the night sky).
A story needs to start with a hook, something that makes the reader want to stick with it. Plus most of this exposition is either basic fantasy stuff, or redundant stuff. really its not stuff we need to be told.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So far the game is pretty interesting, one I got over that initial hurdle

====

btw why are the headmistress' eye iris+pupils half the diameter of everyone else? it looks really jarring to have such a difference in the same scene

Last edited:

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Is there a way to raise Cornelia, Aria, Marcy, and Siri's affection? Lily and Alice are the only ones that are seen throughout the sandbox to raise any affection points to.

The plot though... it reminds me of the fantasy Light Novels I've been reading. It's been a while where I see magic being placed in an actual fantasy setting, other than it being placed always on a occult, modern day life setting. The sandbox is tedious, as always. But I'm looking forward for more updates.

Avians

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2020
Is there a way to raise Cornelia, Aria, Marcy, and Siri's affection? Lily and Alice are the only ones that are seen throughout the sandbox to raise any affection points to.
As I mentioned earlier, there currently is no way of increasing affection of said girls. That option will appear in the next update (except for maybe Cornelia).
And almost all assets from the software I use are related to school and modern day life, which makes it significantly harder to make a "medieval" fantasy setting..... but I hate modern fantasy, so I'm doing it anyway.

Reactions: DraxisSilencer1000
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes