whatspoppintho

Feb 27, 2021
OK, so the original game was made with rpgmaker vxace (I think, not positive), and had stability issues with some of the plugins in addition to many bugs. The art was improving over time in the original version, with some honestly very bad pieces and a lot much better. It was never finished, since the developer switched to RPGMaker MV.

The developer is chinese, but there's basically no story at all in the original or remake version. What is there has been translated as development went on, but again there's not much there.

The remake is basically the same game with far better game balance, better art, and more content. I don't think it's considered a fully complete game yet, but it may just be at the point of bugfixes, I don't know.

There's also the advance version, which is a mod of the original version (made with permission, since that's been a topic of issue with one person recently). It has more story and has far better game balance than the original and has both added story content and uses art from the remake version in addition to the original version.
where can i find this advanced version? and do you know, whats new in this update ?

Reactions: Pyrobladeich

whatspoppintho

Feb 27, 2021
Just use the search function of the forum, search for latex dungeon advance with either the everywhere or thread title setting. Fuck if I know about the update.
thank you very much. found this version, but when im trying to install it, at some point of the install progress its going to freeze. ive tried it a few times, the step when its freeze is "map11" or "latex11 + chinese symbols", any idea why?

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
thank you very much. found this version, but when im trying to install it, at some point of the install progress its going to freeze. ive tried it a few times, the step when its freeze is "map11" or "latex11 + chinese symbols", any idea why?
Best guess is that you might need the chinese language pack installed. You can also try just using 7zip to extract it. Older (pre MV) Rpgmaker games that come in a .exe file are (generally) just a self extracting compressed file, so a separate program can be used to do so and 7zip generally doesn't mess up with other alphabet's characters.

Regardless, in the future you should keep issues with a mod / game in that mod /game's thread. So if my suggestions don't work post in the Latex Dungeon Advance thread.

Reactions: whatspoppintho

dragonflame

Mar 9, 2020
can anyone tell me how to turn npc into latex and the npc battle keep using test kill over and over again and the horny bar keep going up and down.

Aug 11, 2020
OK, so the original game was made with rpgmaker vxace (I think, not positive), and had stability issues with some of the plugins in addition to many bugs. The art was improving over time in the original version, with some honestly very bad pieces and a lot much better. It was never finished, since the developer switched to RPGMaker MV.

The developer is chinese, but there's basically no story at all in the original or remake version. What is there has been translated as development went on, but again there's not much there.

The remake is basically the same game with far better game balance, better art, and more content. I don't think it's considered a fully complete game yet, but it may just be at the point of bugfixes, I don't know.

There's also the advance version, which is a mod of the original version (made with permission, since that's been a topic of issue with one person recently). It has more story and has far better game balance than the original and has both added story content and uses art from the remake version in addition to the original version.
Is there even a reason to play this one then as opposed to the advance version? I mean the advance version probably has the exact same art and more right?

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Is there even a reason to play this one then as opposed to the advance version? I mean the advance version probably has the exact same art and more right?
It doesn't have all the remake version's art and honestly does have some issues with figuring out where to go to access some of the content (IMO) that was added compared to the original version. Also the remake version generally is updated faster (not counting quick bugfix releases for either version). The main thing that advance has compared to the current remake version is more than the intro for story, since both the original and remake's entire story content can be written in literally one sentence: "Raven get pulled into a cursed book and there's various corrupted things trying to have sex with all the women."

And honestly, I personally haven't actually played Remake in a long time, just downloaded it and perused the image folder.

Sepulchure

Jan 18, 2019
So I'm up to the alien stage, reached the boss, but can't proceed. The stairs to the next area, to the right, don't transition me to the next map UNLESS I let the alien boss fully corrupt Raven, which teleports you to that map and allows you to use the stairs to and from that area.

Is there a way around this issue? Where do I even go after the scene there after the full alien corruption?
That's the current end of content

FearLs

Nov 15, 2020
After you lose a fight and you get taken all your sanity is reduced to 1. Can you change the sanity back?

Miscerte23

Dec 11, 2017
i haven't any game.exe? i don't know how i can play xD
agreed no game.exe in the mega link
Ok, here's what you do:
1. Make a backup of your Latex Dungeon Remake folder, the one with the .exe in it.
2. In the game's directory go to www, then to img.
3. Copy the folders in the archive from the current download and paste them into the img folder.

All the folders in the archive are folders with images for the game, so I assume that's what you're supposed to do.

Davnier

Oct 18, 2019
It’s my first download from the game, so I haven’t Latex dungeon remake as folder xD

i have download the old version (not the remake) but this is not the same game?

Apr 15, 2020
can anyone tell me how to turn npc into latex and the npc battle keep using test kill over and over again and the horny bar keep going up and down.
which NPC specifically? i ask cause some NPCs have a different way of being corrupted. as 2 examples the front desk girl takes tentacles to corrupt and the cook takes you having a futa cock (given via the purple orbs) and you cum in her drink which she'll drink twice and get turned and she'll corrupt others for you

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes