Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
I like the game a lot, but I don't get the choices. The Dev said all choices matter, but really, they don't.

If you don't want the player to actually chose, then don't give us the choice.
Hi Steelydan14 - thanks for playing the game!

Feels like I should explain this a bit better - so here goes.

The games that inspired me to create LoA had two story/game mechanics that I really wanted to copy:

1. As the story progresses, the choices become bigger and have much greater impact. Initially, the results of any single choice isn't as important as the cumulative course someone plots over time. It kinda sucked in the games where I made one choice early on and found out that I'd need to backtrack a very long way to experience the rest of the story.

2. Generally those games had a relatively linear 1st season/chapter that set up the different entanglements and interactions with the main LIs and plot characters before the escalating choices got out of hand. Basically the game forced you to interact so that when the training wheels come off on the decisions everyone has been through the "intro" etc.

In Law of Attraction I'm use a few different ways to make sure choices matter, but in a way I can gradually escalate:
- relationship points that show how much or how little a character likes you
- Gentleman & Scoundrel points to show your 'alignment'
- cash to make some decisions exclusive of other choices (not enough money to do them all by design)
- variables that record your major choices throughout the game so future episodes can reference them etc.

Each of the above metrics (and sometimes in combination) will open or close off various plotlines as the game progresses, and by the end of Season 1 it should be starting to be obvious which paths lead in what character 'directions'.

e.g. How you jump into a cab with Tiffy didn't change the story immediately, but later your total score with her will rule you in or out of particular content etc.

tldr: Your choices matter, you just won't see many consequences of those choices yet, and the choices escalate in seriousness as the plot goes on. I mean, the MC hasn't even met one of the main LIs in person yet... it is still very early days.

Hope that helps. If I can figure out a way to rewrite this wall of text in a way that is shorter and clearer, I'll add it to the FAQ.

I'll also have a dev update on E6 in a day or two ;)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Hi Everyone
It has been a great couple of weeks of work.

There is a lot of story to cram into this episode, with several new characters and several important plot threads going from the background of previous episodes into the spotlight in this one. The last episode of the season (S1E7 Judgement Day) won't be as long - it will be only slightly longer than episode 5 if everything goes to plan.

The episode is now at 78% complete, with mostly just animations left to render, and the game code to complete.

July special renders will be out in the next couple of days, so watch this space!

(love)

Miss Cherrylicious

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
No one posted the latest status update yet, so here we go:

s1e6 brianna6.jpg

Good news, for all of us! I'm officially in QA/testing mode.
All images and animations have been rendered and I'm now in the midst of choosing music, fixing glitches and doing the final tricksy coding.
Finally closing in on release.
Thanks to all my supporters out there - it's a very time-consuming project to produce a game like this and, unlike a lot of other games, I don't have a team of creators working with me!
I'm aiming to get something out that's high quality and immersive, so I know you will all appreciate the time spent getting this out properly in the end.

(love)
Miss Cherrylicious

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Hello?

No one posted the latest status update yet, so here we go:

View attachment 3088516

Good news, for all of us! I'm officially in QA/testing mode.
All images and animations have been rendered and I'm now in the midst of choosing music, fixing glitches and doing the final tricksy coding.
Finally closing in on release.
Thanks to all my supporters out there - it's a very time-consuming project to produce a game like this and, unlike a lot of other games, I don't have a team of creators working with me!
I'm aiming to get something out that's high quality and immersive, so I know you will all appreciate the time spent getting this out properly in the end.

(love)
Miss Cherrylicious

Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
Sorry for the radio silence guys - December has been brutal IRL as well as for the number of QA niggles I'm fixing in the episode.

I made a storyline change that impacted a bunch of animations that have to be re-rendered (not happy jan!) but finally culling through the QA list at pace.

Thanks for being patient!

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
This may be the best update yet and things are getting even more interesting. You're doing it right, plot is intriguing, dialogues are great and sex scenes are superb. My favourite scene was the last one but I won't spoil it for the rest.

Miss Cherrylicious

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
This may be the best update yet and things are getting even more interesting. You're doing it right, plot is intriguing, dialogues are great and sex scenes are superb. My favourite scene was the last one but I won't spoil it for the rest.
Thanks for playing, for being patient with this episode release, and for the kind words!

I have so much more of this story to tell in the next episode (S1E7 - Judgement Day) & the first ep of Season 2 (which doesn't have a pithy name yet).

Reactions: sunaboz
4.00 star(s) 22 Votes