freshsquid

May 6, 2020
after trying it out a bit I'm gonna pass with the main game. although, i must say thanks to including the unlocked recollection page with this patch. grinding just to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
was already a chore. I can only imagine what more grinding horrors will await me.
It's not really a grindy game. Even on Platinum you can win basically by just conquering bases until there's no more to conquer. The tactics are more important. Not that I'm saying you need to like the gameplay, but yeah definitely no mandatory grinding unless you count waiting a bit for troops to regenerate.

Some tips for you or others, if you want em:

Reactions: InstaPrincess

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
then I had the worst playthrough of all. as soon as I
the red empire sent a 7k orc mage and my entire army was blown away. no time to recuperate at all.

but yeah, can't say I'm fond of the gameplay.

InstaPrincess

Apr 24, 2023
So... where is the Princess? Last I saw her was at the Prologue and I have almost won. Where did she go? Do I need to recruit her somewhere?!

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
So... where is the Princess? Last I saw her was at the Prologue and I have almost won. Where did she go? Do I need to recruit her somewhere?!
There are several characters you need to search a certain area to recruit/unlock...She might be one of them. Checking saves, I definitely had all the main interests unlocked by this point. It's also possible that you can't find them until certain other conditions are met, as Ventrius (grandma shaman lady) you unlock by exploring around Alvaria, but I think it needs to be later in the game that you explore there.

If you haven't gotten Fiona yet, I'd try exploring all the castles and the magic tower (Eskaton Tower)

Edit: Just loaded a save from right before taking down Emerald City (where Lamentia/Red Hair girl is at the start) and after I captured Emerald City and finished the cut scene, Fiona was automatically added to Eskaton Tower (which was where Elias was at when I captured Emerald City). Also note: if you click Info in the top right and then select "General List" it will give you a list of all Generals you currently command in case you do have her but just keep overlooking her somehow. General status page you can get to from there should tell a specific Base location)

Last edited:

InstaPrincess

Apr 24, 2023
There are several characters you need to search a certain area to recruit/unlock...She might be one of them. Checking saves, I definitely had all the main interests unlocked by this point. It's also possible that you can't find them until certain other conditions are met, as Ventrius (grandma shaman lady) you unlock by exploring around Alvaria, but I think it needs to be later in the game that you explore there.

If you haven't gotten Fiona yet, I'd try exploring all the castles and the magic tower (Eskaton Tower)

Edit: Just loaded a save from right before taking down Emerald City (where Lamentia/Red Hair girl is at the start) and after I captured Emerald City and finished the cut scene, Fiona was automatically added to Eskaton Tower (which was where Elias was at when I captured Emerald City). Also note: if you click Info in the top right and then select "General List" it will give you a list of all Generals you currently command in case you do have her but just keep overlooking her somehow. General status page you can get to from there should tell a specific Base location)
Ah! Gregory got it before me, so maybe that somehow doesn't allow me to get her? I understand Lamentia, but not Fiona. But if you get her after that, this might be the reason...

Last edited:

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
Ah! Gregory got it before me, so maybe that somehow doesn't allow me to get her? I understand Lamentia, but not Fiona. But if you get her after that, this might be the reason...
Coming back to this... it seems that she just automatically joins you on the game date: 22. 7. 1203. Started a new game on Bronze, skipped prologue, cleared out Chevron Fort, South Africa, Gecko Fort, Barbarian Camp, Gold Mine, and Levene. Explored Barbarian Fort to recruit Badbull. Then just left the game run in the background until 22. 7. 1203 to confirm.

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
A more complete game/strategy guide:

Last edited:

freshsquid

May 6, 2020
then I had the worst playthrough of all. as soon as I
the red empire sent a 7k orc mage and my entire army was blown away. no time to recuperate at all.

but yeah, can't say I'm fond of the gameplay.
Oof. Yeah the AI can be ROUGH sometimes, while other times they leave your most vulnerable places alone. Especially with those orcs, they get very aggressive on the front lines to try and chip down your resources. It's kind of hard to get a feel for the AI, but you sorta want to mix having something to distract them alongside having enough military force scattered around the map to deter them from attack. I think I took on the bandits before Memoria and that helped, the orcs might have been distracted on another army. It might even be optimal to fight the green empire without Memoriato avoid opening your front to the orcs. Until you take out the green empire, those 7k orcs are pretty unmanageable.

Main trick to the mage is to use mages or tanky units like the knights, because even though it says "mage", they're a melee class and only have enough mana to cast a few weak spells.

Little theory crafting btw, I think one bit of cheese you could have done is retreat Donna, and some other skilled spies, surrendering the base. Then utilize Donna's forbidden magic to bomb the orc and use more spies to re-rescue her. Once the orc is at 1 HP, range kill it. I used this cheese a lot in Leane 2 at the end when I was struggling a lot. Nice thing about Donna kamikaze is you never need to replenish her troops.

InstaPrincess

Apr 24, 2023
A more complete game/strategy guide:
Regarding Fiona: In my save, she does not do that. I passed that date with Emerald City unconquered and nothing ever happened. I retried with a new save and she joined indeed on 22.7.03. Thanks for finding that out!

Also Badbull x Helga: Are you sure there isn't another trigger? I had them in the same town all game and just left them there. Nothing ever happened.

Last edited:

megamanx06

Mar 13, 2019
Coming back to this... it seems that she just automatically joins you on the game date: 22. 7. 1203. Started a new game on Bronze, skipped prologue, cleared out Chevron Fort, South Africa, Gecko Fort, Barbarian Camp, Gold Mine, and Levene. Explored Barbarian Fort to recruit Badbull. Then just left the game run in the background until 22. 7. 1203 to confirm.
Ah, there was some inconsistency on whether or not she was joining, so I looked on the wiki
MTL says this:
Either capture the Emerald City before the Regna Empire, or join as a warlord after 500 days have passed since the start of the main story without Memoria as a companion and the Principality of Talimea still exists.
So you either need to capture Emerald City first or don't recruit Memoria until after 22.7.1203. I think the issue for most people (me included) was probably recruiting Memoria too early

Reactions: ehendu

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
Also Badbull x Helga: Are you sure there isn't another trigger? I had them in the same town all game and just left them there. Nothing ever happened.
Honestly, I was not. But thanks to the wiki posted by megamanx06 above this post, I was able to confirm why that is. I'll update the content in my post above but basically:

Badbull x Fiona happens when Badbull, Fiona, and Elias are all in the same base. Safest is never have Badbull and Fiona in the same base, but looks like you should be fine so long as Elias never joins them.

Badbull x Helga requires some progression through her ending with Elias. Requires two events with Elias, second requiring 60 Reliability and is the one where she expresses her lack of confidence. After that event, she will be raped by Badbull if they're in the same event (and this is true if Elias, Helga, and Badbull were in the same base and you just finished the 2nd Elias x Helga event).

Reactions: InstaPrincess

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
How to make this an NTR speedrun?
Realistically, there's no such thing. Because the game is slow. The "cheats" in this post here can help. But two of them (F5 for battle speed and F6 for time passing) are literally just quality of life improvements to create toggles to make the game progress faster. Only F7 could be considered a cheat as it toggles setting enemy troop count to 2 after battles begin.

To get the NTR events, you can mostly just refer to my post above and do the opposite of avoiding NTR. However, all prison-related events are just "let them get caught and then leave them there for a long time" If you're just interested in the scenes, use the Replay options from the Title Screen as the full gallery is unlocked.

PokemonMan66

Jun 26, 2023
How do you guys even open the game? Im clicking the game (Leane.exe) but it always closes itself before the title show, and even with the local emulator it closes itself instantly.
I have at least downloaded eight times in the internet and none of them work for me, they close or they have viruses.

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
How do you guys even open the game? Im clicking the game (Leane.exe) but it always closes itself before the title show, and even with the local emulator it closes itself instantly.
I have at least downloaded eight times in the internet and none of them work for me, they close or they have viruses.
First thing to check: are you running it using a like the one in the "install instructions" in the main post?

Edit: I should clarify, when you say running it with the local emulator, are you running it using the Locale Emulator, or just double clicking the .exe file with the Locale Emulator installed on your computer?

SmellTheJava

Jan 1, 2018
Don't want to spoil myself too much. I just want to know if there's scenes like in LEane2 with the king where you don't really need to lose in battle to get them or if most of the scenes here are prison/defeat scenes? If most scenes are as prisoners I'll just play regularly and see what comes out of it lol

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
Don't want to spoil myself too much. I just want to know if there's scenes like in LEane2 with the king where you don't really need to lose in battle to get them or if most of the scenes here are prison/defeat scenes? If most scenes are as prisoners I'll just play regularly and see what comes out of it lol
There's only 2.5 Generals on your side that you don't need to lose to see scenes of, but you have full control over those Generals. No AI "friendly fire" with your horny king from the rear like in Leane 2.

Maximum number of h-scenes you can get without having your Female Generals get captured is roughly 1 per Female General (10 Generals) and then 6 other scenes you can avoid (2 with Helga, 1 with Fiona, 1 with Donna, 1 with Alpine, and 1 with Leane) and a few scenes you will get regardless once you capture and invite Memoria to join you of her experiences while in the Empire Army plus I think one extra if you talk to her again after recruiting her. Oh, also one scene that can happen if you take too long to defeat one of the other nations that isn't the Empire.

Also probably worth noting: probably 80-90% of the H-Scenes are prisoner related.

Reactions: SmellTheJava

SmellTheJava

Jan 1, 2018
There's only 2.5 Generals on your side that you don't need to lose to see scenes of, but you have full control over those Generals. No AI "friendly fire" with your horny king from the rear like in Leane 2.

Maximum number of h-scenes you can get without having your Female Generals get captured is roughly 1 per Female General (10 Generals) and then 6 other scenes you can avoid (2 with Helga, 1 with Fiona, 1 with Donna, 1 with Alpine, and 1 with Leane) and a few scenes you will get regardless once you capture and invite Memoria to join you of her experiences while in the Empire Army plus I think one extra if you talk to her again after recruiting her. Oh, also one scene that can happen if you take too long to defeat one of the other nations that isn't the Empire.

Also probably worth noting: probably 80-90% of the H-Scenes are prisoner related.
Thanks. That's perfect.

shlanker

Feb 25, 2021
Great job translating! I found the gameplay fun, reminded me a bit of Dragon Force on sega saturn! The translation was helpful and the side notes were interesting! Thank you thank you

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes