Xeron_Xr

Apr 5, 2020
ep7_hollyhome28.png

I thought I'd give a post to clarify when you can expect to download Chapter 7 of Leap of Faith based on your current support tier.
I've tried to do this as fair as possible, especially with my long time supporters in mind.
Patreon release:
22nd of December - For $10 or higher tiers
(or if you have been a $5 supporter the last three months (oct, nov, dec), you will get a private message with the download link on the 22nd).
29nd of December - For $5 tiers
(or if you have been a $1 supporter the last three months (oct, nov, dec), you will get a private message with the download link on the 29th).
5th of January - For $1 tiers
Steam release:
It will not be available on Steam in December, due to the time it takes to get the approval - especially because it's an adult game.
You can buy the game at a reduced price if you pick it up before chapter 8 is released. More information later on.
If Leap of Faith is not available for you in your country on Steam, you can buy a Steam key through me here at Patreon.

And with that I hope I have found a schedule which favors everyone to some degree. All the best.
Cheers
// Drifty

Punk01

Sep 12, 2021
Cant say it was completely unpredictable at least not in the extend of AL but damn something about that character made me jump (in a good way) everytime her face got in the frame. I really cant put my finger on it. Maybe Drifty is just a master of waking every single protective instinct in people subliminally.
Oh man, don't mention it. That game devastated me... I can't even slept through the next 3 days after I finished that game.
But this one is something else... This one isn't just a dramatic twist.
I can't explain it properly because of my language limitation, but you can feel it when you go through the story.
I think the main plot is based on real experience, and Drifty's just trying to share his own story.
Or I'm completely wrong, and he's just an awesome writer, but i prefer to believe the first one.

testington

Oct 2, 2017
Oh man, don't mention it. That game devastated me... I can't even slept through the next 3 days after I finished that game.
But this one is something else... This one isn't just a dramatic twist.
I can't explain it properly because of my language limitation, but you can feel it when you go through the story.
I think the main plot is based on real experience, and Drifty's just trying to share his own story.
Or I'm completely wrong, and he's just an awesome writer, but i prefer to believe the first one.
I kinda didnt believe until the end that that twist was real in AL. And i gotta admit not being the emotional guy i never started that game up again just because of the sad sad memories ^^
You can really see in this game that for whatever reason, might it be personal experience or just talent, theres a real soul behind this. As far as a Adult VN can have it at least.
I really wanted to do a Lexi run as well after the first run Cece won me in the second she was spotted at the bus stop but i need a little break after that i think

CitDCypher

Jul 26, 2017
giantleapoffaith.png

Dev Diary, December 3rd, 2021:

Shared $1 and $5 post this week due to the importance of the screenshot.
It's a very weird feeling having worked on the story for almost two years, knowing that at some point I would have to use the words that make up the story's title, knowing they will tie everything together.
So as I watched that scene, I'm not going to lie, it was an overwhelming feeling, and I ended up going outside for a bit just to soak everything in. The scene is very powerful, but heartwarming. Hopefully I've done someone proud.
But for work, I spent the most of this week doing Renpy stuff. Got 6,000 lines of dialogue, menus and variable work done. In fact I almost caught up with the completed renders, and are now only about 25 renders behind on the scripting.
I still have a few hundred renders to do for the rest of the chapter, alongside a bunch of animations and some more serious scripting. But I'm shifting attention back to the visuals for this week, and will probably do animations all through testing as well.
Numbers for now should be about the same, with a slight increase in both story renders (1,237) and animation frames (10,726) due to me rendering some filler renders where they were needed.
And with that, have a nice weekend, enjoy the season, and stay safe out there.
// Drifty

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
View attachment 1528875

It's a very weird feeling having worked on the story for almost two years, knowing that at some point I would have to use the words that make up the story's title, knowing they will tie everything together.
So as I watched that scene, I'm not going to lie, it was an overwhelming feeling, and I ended up going outside for a bit just to soak everything in. The scene is very powerful, but heartwarming. Hopefully I've done someone proud.
But for work, I spent the most of this week doing Renpy stuff. Got 6,000 lines of dialogue, menus and variable work done. In fact I almost caught up with the completed renders, and are now only about 25 renders behind on the scripting.
I still have a few hundred renders to do for the rest of the chapter, alongside a bunch of animations and some more serious scripting. But I'm shifting attention back to the visuals for this week, and will probably do animations all through testing as well.
Numbers for now should be about the same, with a slight increase in both story renders (1,237) and animation frames (10,726) due to me rendering some filler renders where they were needed.
// Drifty
I can tell tissues are going to be needed again. Just looking at her now, I can already feel the emotion kick in.

I've said it in the past (under my old account) that I share SO many things and traits with Cece in this game with all my failed attempts and issues with emotions. Never have I felt closer with any character before as I do her, and that goes for movies, TV, books, all of it, that's why I love Cece so damn much.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1528875

// Drifty
Numbers aren't really the important takeaway from this dev diary, but we might as well cover them. Drifty completed 11 story renders and 482 frames of animation this week. That drops his overall average to 95 story renders and 825 frames of animation per week since Chapter 6 launched. Here's what it looks like:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
With "a few hundred" story renders to go an three weeks before launch (to say nothing of the animations and coding), Drifty is probably going to be working down to the wire. But it should be doable, assuming nothing goes wrong.

Of course, the big takeaway is the scene with Cece we all knew was coming. This will likely make or break the game, so I'm glad he's confident that it delivers. Let's hope we agree with him!

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Numbers aren't really the important takeaway from this dev diary, but we might as well cover them. Drifty completed 11 story renders and 482 frames of animation this week. That drops his overall average to 95 story renders and 825 frames of animation per week since Chapter 6 launched. Here's what it looks like:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
With "a few hundred" story renders to go an three weeks before launch (to say nothing of the animations and coding), Drifty is probably going to be working down to the wire. But it should be doable, assuming nothing goes wrong.

Of course, the big takeaway is the scene with Cece we all knew was coming. This will likely make or break the game, so I'm glad he's confident that it delivers. Let's hope we agree with him!
If he's confident in the presentation, I think we're in for a very heartfelt and emotional scene and I'm 100% sure that we're going to need some tissues for all of the emotional tingles and dusty eyes we are going to have.

Reactions: Rammstein1

CitDCypher

Jul 26, 2017

These are hectic weeks before the release and Christmas, but I've been pushing hard all week, and I'm en route for the release.

I wont give any render numbers from now until release, but I can say that Leap of Faith has rounded another milestone, surpassed the 10k render mark (and 60k animation frames) for all chapters.

Instead of the normal dev diary I thought I'd give you a little insight about how the pre release days are.

I try to give the testers 7 days of testing, due to the pathing, proof reading and of course this is pre Christmas so they might not be available at all times due to irl business. That means they need the release around 15th, or 5 days from now. Normally I give myself a week of testing before that, but there's absolutely no time for it for this release.

Before handing out the Beta, I also have to post process and compress all the images and animations, and insert the beta menu which gives the testers a somewhat easier time testing, before lastly run the current script through a spell checker to remove the most obvious Driftys-after-midnight-typing-freak-accidents.
From testing starts until the day before release it's all about correcting feedback, playing through the release, insert new art where needed, and making sure the game works well and the flow is good, in addition to making the 'cover art' - or the release images.

On the day before the release I compile the different versions of the game (full game pc/linux/max, and the patch version pc/linux/mac), and re-package the distribution package with better compression.

I always have the day off from my normal job on release day itself, so I sit down with a good cup of coffee in the morning and play through the chapter one last time to see if there's anything obvious I've missed.

Then I move on to uploading, which is one full version pc/linux/mac and one patch version pc/linux/mac. All of those 4 versions are uploaded to duplicate Gdrive and Mega accounts (around 90gb total) so I can change links quickly if a site is taken down due to traffic overload.
While uploading is in process I compose the release post with all changelog information and download links.

And that's pretty much it. It's a hectic few weeks, but I wouldn't want it any other way. After the release post I just sit down and relax while Discord turns silent, because I know that means you're playing through the game, and (hopefully) enjoying yourself. It's what makes it all worth while.

Lastly, if you're in the $20 or above tier, look out for the credits post where you can add your name to the credits if you haven't already done so.

Cheers everyone, have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.
// Drifty

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I'm going to be sitting, standing, and sleeping on pins and needles waiting for this release. I don't how I'm going to feel, or expect to feel, but I expect either way, a lot of tissues to be involved.

Obviously she survives, but with what side effects? And does all of this, after her 2nd failure, change her personality going forward?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Laehtsia
4.80 star(s) 553 Votes