Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Opinions are divided here. Of course the Dev made sure to put Lexi and Cece at the center of the story. In mather of fact, it was from an event in his own life that he was inspired by the character of Cece. But from my point of view, he created all the other characters with the same desire to make them authentic and alive. Even the way the Mc meets those who will become his friends, and a little more for one of the girls is plausible (at least from my experience). I don't think the other paths are weaker. On the other hand, I think it's easy to follow Cece's path because the Dev appeals to deep, dark feelings, and no one likes to feel guilty for turning their backs on someone in dire need of help.

♂♀
From what I've seen in this game, dev put more inspiration and work in Cece route including ending and sex scenes. And I'm sure it was finished first, at least in dev's head.

Though ofc it depends on tastes which girl player'll like more. That's Why there are other LI's

That's what I see, I got disappointed a bit in other girls routes closer to end and endings, and I even finished Cece route not first. Still opinion is opinion and nothing more)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
From what I've seen in this game, dev put more inspiration and work in Cece route including ending and sex scenes. And I'm sure it was finished first, at least in dev's head.

Though ofc it depends on tastes which girl player'll like more. That's Why there are other LI's

That's what I see, I got disappointed a bit in other girls routes closer to end and endings, and I even finished Cece route not first. Still opinion is opinion and nothing more)
I definitely think there are some paths that got a bit less planning (Lexi/Holly, MAYBE Robin solo) but I don't see a lack of effort in any of them. Choosing Holly over Lexi is actually one of the stronger endings, I think, and she wasn't even supposed to be an LI when she was introduced. It's not an EASY one, and you have to cheat on Lexi to get it, but I think it's actually better written than ending with all three of them together. Steph's path isn't bad, but her whole story has so many holes it's hard to get completely invested, but Linda's path is fun and satisfying (if you like her as a character, I suppose) and gives Kira a run for the craziest LI.

Anyway, I think the best part about the game is none of the girls really feel like afterthoughts, even if some of the paths kinda do.

Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I definitely think there are some paths that got a bit less planning (Lexi/Holly, MAYBE Robin solo) but I don't see a lack of effort in any of them. Choosing Holly over Lexi is actually one of the stronger endings, I think, and she wasn't even supposed to be an LI when she was introduced. It's not an EASY one, and you have to cheat on Lexi to get it, but I think it's actually better written than ending with all three of them together. Steph's path isn't bad, but her whole story has so many holes it's hard to get completely invested, but Linda's path is fun and satisfying (if you like her as a character, I suppose) and gives Kira a run for the craziest LI.

Anyway, I think the best part about the game is none of the girls really feel like afterthoughts, even if some of the paths kinda do.
Yeah.... Yeah and-Hmmm.... Yeah?

Joking aside, I agree with your description. I'll just add that besides the fact that my preference for Holly is no secret, what I find interesting in a game, and not only in the game but also irl, is the challenge. What's exciting when you just have to bend down to pick it up? Indeed, it is quickly acquired and easy. But you get jaded in no time without the motivation to get your brains boiling a bit, and Holly just stands out. On each different path we took, I always looked for her in the mansion, while she was always in the background, not out of shyness but out of discretion. When she get in at Lexi's, my first reaction was. NO! WHY NOW???? NONONO! Try again the previous day... No! Try it even on the day one

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer

DangDing

Mar 30, 2021
Oh shit, I can't believe I guess right that she's gonna do it again. That scene makes me laugh instead of getting shocked, hahaha. At least it wakes me up from falling sleep from the cheesy romance.

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
Well, I finally got around to finishing the last major storyline of Kira/Robin. I had to psyche myself up for the excessive clicking/skipping necessary to advance from the decision point to the end (again). Since I had done all the others I wanted to go through this one too, but honestly it's a chore. Since you always have to repeat the same story over and over again and just watch the alternate scenes attached to the new character point of view at critical points it's a bit different than actually pursuing a different story. Of course I understand this because it would be massive amounts of work to create individual stories for each character, and I think overall the dev did a good job of balancing everything out, but because the critical decision happens so early in the story there's a lot to get through before getting to the end. Anyway, I liked the game enough to invest the time to see how it all works out for everyone. I haven't done Robin and Kira solo, and honestly I'm not sure I'm hardy enough to do so, but maybe later we'll see.

Anyway, despite there being more things actually going on with the Kira/Robin route towards the end I felt a little bit let down. To me it felt a bit disjointed, and since I liked both characters in the story I had hoped for a more fulsome resolution. Opinions may vary. The Holly solo route was the first one I finished and I think that was one of the best too. I was also fine with the Lexi/Holly, Cece and Linda stories. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't go back again to re-do the Steph or Robin/Kira stories. Holly is definitely my favorite girl, with everyone else more or less in a peloton behind her. I think a few frames could have been spared to give Chris a better resolution too, since we had to put up with him for the rest of the story. Honestly had it been me I would have picked Kevin to be my best friend and booted Chris to the curb. lol

• Red Heart
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
My old desktop couldn't handle the animations once the game was ported to Renpy 8. I got them to work properly on my Surface, which I had to get in October, but they are still a bit jerky there.

My old computer finally decided it had enough at the end of last month, so I replaced it with a pretty nice computer with a really good graphics card. Everything looks great now!

... except the animation plays a bit fast. The music doesn't line up anymore. :confused:

If anyone has any ideas ...

Edit (again): Would a monitor with a 144mhz refresh instead of the standard 60mhz have an effect?
Answer: YES!!!

Tested Titanic scene after having this thought and this was the answer. So play these games at 60mhz (now I have to remember this ...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Grif1001

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
thank you very much man , I will convince My beloved Angel Cece to forgive you. :love:
i thought trio had murdered you.

This game should be banned from everywhere or people should sign waiver that states they do accept none of the other games will ever feel same again. Absolute masterpiece. Played it then went to steam and bought it from there. Btw, fuck steph ;)
said before that after this no other game feels same.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I am on my monthly play though of LOF again...
I have found that now that I have started writing for 3 projects, playing through this VN keeps me grounded and helps me remember the level of excellence to which I am striving to hold my scripts comparable.
I figure if you're gonna have standards, set them high! lol

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I am on my monthly play though of LOF again...
I have found that now that I have started writing for 3 projects, playing through this VN keeps me grounded and helps me remember the level of excellence to which I am striving to hold my scripts comparable.
I figure if you're gonna have standards, set them high! lol
Dear Sir , at least give us just a hint or date or something about the project.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Dear Sir , at least give us just a hint or date or something about the project.
I took over writing for one game that already has an intro out, and it is even here on F95, but I have rewritten the entire intro and it is waiting for the rest of the new renders to be completed prior to beta testing. I am hoping the remastered intro will be out sometime in April, if not sooner. No, I will not share this title ahead of time, (and I expect the person that I have shared this info with to keep his mouth shut Elhemeer :p) because the current version might scare you all away from trying the rework.
Sufficed to say, it had a major overhaul.
I will let you you guys know when the revision is out. It is a space themed game with both VN and sandbox aspects.

I am also working on two completely new projects for an established dev who is currently around halfway finished with his current project. We hope to have the first of these projects complete and available for sell on steam in it's entirety, by June of this year, at the latest, approximately 1/3 of the script for it is already complete. I am very excited to see how this one is received because it is a newish style of VN and is actually a series of 3 smaller stories in one package. Personally, I love the script for this one. There are some really great parts in it.

The other project that is being worked on with him will be released in the traditional episodic form we are all accustom to, consisting of an intro and multiple chapter updates. The script for the intro portion of this game is also already complete. and hopefully will begin being released incrementally during the second half of the year. This one is the real deal, the gem! It has sweetness and corruption, heartache and some very hilarious humor as well as music, movie, T.V. and pop culture references and quotes, including teasing Star Wars for it's incestuous content of brothers and sisters kissing.
If Star Wars came out as a VN today, would Patreon ban it? for that matter, half the Greek tragedies would probably be banned.

I will let you know when each of these comes out.

I also was just able to finally upgrade myself to a nice desk top with a powerful graphics card, a large bit of internal memory, and a 10tb external drive, and am teaching myself Daz Studio, and Ren'Py and have begun writing, rendering, and coding my first solo game, but with everything else I am working on at the moment I am not expecting to have my game out until either the fourth quarter of this year, or the beginning of 2024. My first solo work will be called UC8. In order to keep anyone else from stealing my idea in the mean time, I will not share any spoilers about it yet. but just for grins, here are a couple of teasers...
UC8 Logo a.gif Erin2.png DGG Clear.png

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Can anyone tell me what the canon ending is or has the dev not said?
There is no official "canon" ending, but speculation is that Drifty (and most players based on comments) would consider MC/Cece the preferred ending at least, while most developers who've done Lexi cameos in their game basically consider MC/Lexi the canon story.

However, while there's clearly preferred endings by the fans -- and maybe Drifty -- he wrote the stories so that whatever path you take has a valid ending.

4.80 star(s) 554 Votes