Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
If anyone here brothers knows of some games with a story this captivating could they share it, I like stories of vampires wolves witches and wizards and if it's science fiction it should be like my favorite Dune
Novel by (Frank Herbert)
Might I humbly recommend Love of Magic by Droid productions. It is loosely based on Arthurian Mythos, Celtic (Tuatha Danean (sp)) and human/elven pantheons vs the "Outsiders" coming to destroy reality. It has a unique leveling mechanic based loosely on poker, BUT do not let that dissuade you if card battles are not your thing. The mechanic is easy/intuitive/addictive. The renders and music are lovely as is the story. It is the only VN? (It's not really a VN....) that ai MIGHT put ahead of LOM and will hit your ight in the feels if you have a shred of empathy. Books one and two (of three) are complete and can be found both on STEAM (if you like achievments) and F(% if you are cheap (like me! :) ) (though I eventually bought on STEAM on summer sale. There is also Revenant, The bite for vampire stuff. It ain't bad.

kezguyfour

Apr 27, 2021
Hi Sancho, I tried the replace music fix (move all audio files from chapter 7 over to chapter 8 game folder) you recommend to get chapter 7 saves working in sancho modded episode 8 games and I get the below error even when rolling back like you suggested:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cortabarba

Mar 15, 2021
Might I humbly recommend Love of Magic by Droid productions. It is loosely based on Arthurian Mythos, Celtic (Tuatha Danean (sp)) and human/elven pantheons vs the "Outsiders" coming to destroy reality. It has a unique leveling mechanic based loosely on poker, BUT do not let that dissuade you if card battles are not your thing. The mechanic is easy/intuitive/addictive. The renders and music are lovely as is the story. It is the only VN? (It's not really a VN....) that ai MIGHT put ahead of LOM and will hit your ight in the feels if you have a shred of empathy. Books one and two (of three) are complete and can be found both on STEAM (if you like achievments) and F(% if you are cheap (like me! :) ) (though I eventually bought on STEAM on summer sale. There is also Revenant, The bite for vampire stuff. It ain't bad.
Gracias de corazón buscaré a cada juego que me recomendaste y los probaré :)

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
If anyone here brothers knows of some games with a story this captivating could they share it, I like stories of vampires wolves witches and wizards and if it's science fiction it should be like my favorite Dune
Novel by (Frank Herbert)
You could give Rebirth a try, it's a vampire game. I enjoyed the story from chapter 1, I waited for the game to complete but its still be created and is in chapter 3 or chapter 4 there is quite a lot of content.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Hi Sancho, I tried the replace music fix (move all audio files from chapter 7 over to chapter 8 game folder) you recommend to get chapter 7 saves working in sancho modded episode 8 games and I get the below error even when rolling back like you suggested:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, try downloading the latest mod version which is a maintenance version. If that doesn't work, don't worry about it too much, just take those 7 audio files out of your game folder. The mod works perfectly fine from chapter 1 through 8. Sancho said he will be looking into creating a 'dlc' pack with the original music some time in the future, he has to try and fix the broken saves or something.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I just bought this game on steam, because imo it's soo well made! How do i install this mod on steam? I know you just copy the mod game folder over to the game's game folder..but how do i use this mod in steam?

Cortabarba

Mar 15, 2021
You could give Rebirth a try, it's a vampire game. I enjoyed the story from chapter 1, I waited for the game to complete but its still be created and is in chapter 3 or chapter 4 there is quite a lot of content.
Thank you brother you may not believe me but yesterday my brother recommended it to me and I already fell in love and I'm already in the third part

Reactions: Neko-Chan Pacifica

kezguyfour

Apr 27, 2021
I wouldn't worry about it too much, try downloading the latest mod version which is a maintenance version. If that doesn't work, don't worry about it too much, just take those 7 audio files out of your game folder. The mod works perfectly fine from chapter 1 through 8. Sancho said he will be looking into creating a 'dlc' pack with the original music some time in the future, he has to try and fix the broken saves or something.
Hi, thanks for your reply. But the issue is that the saves from previous game versions (so in this instance, the chapter 7 version of the game) that had utilised the older Sancho Mod no longer load in the latest version (chapter 8, completed game equipped with latest sancho mod).

Unless I am mistaken, this post here by Sancho seems to indicate that the transferring of the music .rpa files from chapter 7 to chapter 8 game version will go some way to helping the the saves (chapter 7 sancho modded game saves) be compatible with the chapter 8 version of the game equipped with the new version of the Sancho mod.

I hope I am making sense!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Good morning. As stated here old saves are not 100% error free. I had ~5% failure rate. It's not the mod's fault. Actually the mod allows people to load more saves than those folks that have never used a mod. I just can't fix all old save files due to the VN's choice to build on RenPy8, the dev changing all the music code, and changing almost all the choice conditional code. It just freaks RenPy out and sometimes it just can't rollback far enough to get it's shit together... so to speak.

• Red Heart
Reactions: kezguyfour

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
any solution how to fix this? Sancho1969
Well, that's the original game's code calling for that from what I can tell. Where exactly are you in the VN BEFORE you get that exception? The traceback is only noting that it's crashing in the native RenPy core code and not noting where you are in progression of the game itself.

kezguyfour

Apr 27, 2021
Good morning. As stated here old saves are not 100% error free. I had ~5% failure rate. It's not the mod's fault. Actually the mod allows people to load more saves than those folks that have never used a mod. I just can't fix all old save files due to the VN's choice to build on RenPy8, the dev changing all the music code, and changing almost all the choice conditional code. It just freaks RenPy out and sometimes it just can't rollback far enough to get it's shit together... so to speak.
Thanks for the reply. It's not a problem, I will just start a new game at some point. I just wanted to exhaust all options trying to get my old saves to work :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for the reply. It's not a problem, I will just start a new game at some point. I just wanted to exhaust all options trying to get my old saves to work :D
One thing you could try...if you're willing, is to load those old save in your old Ch7 version of the game, progress toward the very beginning of a Chapter, make a new save (naming it accordingly) and try loading it in Ch8. The rollback seems to have more success when either at the Chapter summary or near the beginning of Chapters... although it's still a bit random tbh.

Reactions: NyVar

ta4enok

Jul 10, 2019
can someone tell me how the animation here is creepy, what it can be connected with or the game itself is like this, although in other games everything is always fine Being a DIK animation is excellent, something is not clear here ...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kovir123

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Now I'm normally one that trying to find stuff on its own, but I don't see the sanchomenu in the right buttom corner, any ideas?

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
Any change you could drop a hint on how to decompile the game's original rpyc files?

I'd like to take a stab at adding back the removed music because it just feels wrong without them and i just couldn't make unrpyc work with renpy 8 and python3...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Now I'm normally one that trying to find stuff on its own, but I don't see the sanchomenu in the right buttom corner, any ideas?
Without me knowing how your installation looks like let's do this the easy way. Make a newly name directory and install a fresh copy of Ch8 (either compressed or uncompressed, it doesn't matter which), then install the mod into it's "game" folder. Don't do anything else. Just that. Test.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes