Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm playing and it doesn't appear that the music is playing during the game. I've gotten up to the burger shop with Chris and so far the only music I've heard was at the main menu, then whenever I enter the sanchomod menu option. Not sure what I did wrong but this was a fresh install and sanchomod only.
Let's start by noting that there are two versions of the mod. One is drop and play with the current game music (the first spoiler DL with "new music version" in it's spoiler title) and the music replacement version which is NOT drop and play (the second spoiler DL with "original music version" in it's spoiler title). You have to tell me what you DL'd and which you wanted to accomplish.

ItsNotMeToo

Aug 7, 2020
Let's start by noting that there are two versions of the mod. One is drop and play with the current game music (the first spoiler DL with "new music version" in it's spoiler title) and the music replacement version which is NOT drop and play (the second spoiler DL with "original music version" in it's spoiler title). You have to tell me what you DL'd and which you wanted to accomplish.
SPOILER: SanchoMod SE OG Audio Edition (original music version)

Note: It is MANDATORY that you follow these steps.
Do NOT install this version without reading and taking those exact steps first.

This is the version I followed, and going through the links it said I needed to take steps to ensure the saves transitioned and music functioned. I had downloaded that other music mod as that's what I thought the OG files were coming from, but that's what prompted the issues I was having with your mod functioning.

From what I've heard, the OG soundtrack is much better aligned for the game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I had downloaded that other music mod ...
This is your problem. Again, SanchoMod doesn't need any other mod. It's always been 100% complete and self-contained. That other mod simply copied my technique. The instructions I wrote do not have a step for installing another mod. As per the instructions you need to DL the OG music files if you don't already have them. See links for the here if needed.

Edit: To be very clear, if you were to install everything proper from scratch the steps would be:
  1. Install LOF Ch8 VN.
  2. Copy the 7 original music files ( audio01.rpa thru audio07.rpa ) inside the "game" folder as directed.
  3. Install SanchoMod's "SE Audio OG" edition as directed.
  4. Don't do anything else but play the game. Done.

Last edited:

ItsNotMeToo

Aug 7, 2020
This is your problem. Again, SanchoMod doesn't need any other mod. It's always been 100% complete and self-contained. That other mod simply copied my technique. The instructions I wrote do not have a step for installing another mod. As per the instructions you need to DL the OG music files if you don't already have them. See links for the here if needed.

Edit: To be very clear, if you were to install everything proper from scratch the steps would be:
  1. Install LOF Ch8 VN.
  2. Copy the 7 original music files ( audio01.rpa thru audio07.rpa ) inside the "game" folder as directed.
Thanks for being patient with me, I was able to navigate to those individual audio files and will follow your process. Thanks!

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Not really a bug, just a persistent notification if you don't set a ringtone before Lexi calls you in EP2

screenshot0002.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not really a bug, just a persistent notification if you don't set a ringtone before Lexi calls you in EP2

View attachment 2185497
Good evening bud. I'm pretty sure that's due to rollback. To clear it toggle a feature Off/On in the MiniMenu such as the ChoiceGuide or MiniStat which will clear it (it'll call another notifier that the feature has been turned Off/On). RenPy's rollback can be a bitch to deal with if I'm being honest... and it affects those notifications the worst.

Reactions: weirdscix

EX-Zero

Sep 30, 2017
Good afternoon. Currently SanchoMod is no longer mobile compatible. I'm working on sorting a proper solution but a few fellow site members 'round here fucked it up for everybody by porting my shit and placing it on their monetary sites. Homey don't play dat, so I started throwing curve balls while pulling the knives out of my back. At some point I'll either port them myself to insure integrity or I'll coop with a trusted source. Either way until then it's PC/English.
Any update on this? I will be playing LoF for the very first time, and I don't know if I should wait for the joiplay solution or not... I will only be able play it once because of that thing called 'time' so I was hoping to get the best possible experience when I started playing the game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Any update on this? I will be playing LoF for the very first time, and I don't know if I should wait for the joiplay solution or not... I will only be able play it once because of that thing called 'time' so I was hoping to get the best possible experience when I started playing the game.
Well, the best possible experience would be via PC. That's what VN's are designed for by devs and what SanchoMod is designed for as well... just being honest. Per your question there is no update yet. I got ripped off by one too many "porters" and it's just not a huge priority for I don't have all the time in the world either. Whenever SanchoMod becomes mobile compatible it will be announced and information on relevant OPs. And good luck playing it only once... if you succeed you might be the only person who has... experiencing various paths is worth the additional playthroughs imho. Regards.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

EX-Zero

Sep 30, 2017
Well, the best possible experience would be via PC. That's what VN's are designed for by devs and what SanchoMod is designed for as well... just being honest. Per your question there is no update yet. I got ripped off by one too many "porters" and it's just not a huge priority for I don't have all the time in the world either. Whenever SanchoMod becomes mobile compatible it will be announced and information on relevant OPs. And good luck playing it only once... if you succeed you might be the only person who has... experiencing various paths is worth the additional playthroughs imho. Regards.
Oh, I see. I understand. I guess I'll just have to play it without SanchoMod. There's still the other music patch, so I'll just have to make do without the extra additions from SanchoMod. Sorry to hear about the porters, by the way.

Oh, and also, I would have to disagree with you regarding the VN PC thing. Playing it on a PC with a mouse and playing it on a phone with your finger are basically the same. You get the same experience regardless. The only difference is that phones are portable, making it easier to read VNs while lying on the bed. But who cares anyway? As long as you enjoy the VN and it's a good read, then that's all that matters. Am I right? ;)

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017

1. Install LOF Ch8 VN.
Can you please add the links for the music to the original post with the updated instructions, or at least the link to the post with the music uploads? The links in the OP, noted as absolute must-follow instructions for the SE version, currently just direct you to information to get chapter 7 and get the music yourself, which is no longer possible on F95. I only stumbled across this because I hoped someone else might've asked about this issue in the latest posts on the mod.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Can you please add the links for the music to the original post with the updated instructions, or at least the link to the post with the music uploads? The links in the OP, noted as absolute must-follow instructions for the SE version, currently just direct you to information to get chapter 7 and get the music yourself, which is no longer possible on F95. I only stumbled across this because I hoped someone else might've asked about this issue in the latest posts on the mod.
Here ya go.
https://f95zone.to/threads/leap-of-faith-ch-8-multi-mod-sancho1969.104357/post-8955322

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
...That is the post that I noted only states to rip it from Chapter 7 yourself, which is no longer possible. Thus the request that Sancho update the OP or that post with the link to the files directly, or at least a link to the post that he had in the quoted post that has all the zippyshare links for the music.
Third post on this page here. That has the link you seek I believe. Regards.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
...That is the post that I noted only states to rip it from Chapter 7 yourself, which is no longer possible. Thus the request that Sancho update the OP or that post with the link to the files directly, or at least a link to the post that he had in the quoted post that has all the zippyshare links for the music.
Damn it. You're correct. Sancho1969 DM'd me the link for it and I gave you the wrong one. My bad. Looks like he's got you covered above.

The_Dark_Army

Aug 22, 2017
Does this mod work for the game version posted in f95 because here it just says Chapter 8 v1.0 and the mod suppossedly support Ch8 1.0.1c or 1.0.1s .

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes