d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
I mean, i don't wanna call anyone an incel or anything but if you expect your GF/fiance to be a virgin and your over the age of 16 you're dreaming. I find it hilarious when guys call girls sluts for sleeping around yet guys can do it without repercussions.

Holly seems like the type of women who is confident and doesn't play any games, a straight forward character which many people including myself find extremely appealing. Now will drifty give her some sort of "drama" arc? Who knows. Personally i hope he doesn't and he leaves Holly as the mature mentally stable girl who swoops in at the last second to win the James bowl.

Hell i don't even really need an arc with Holly, just give me a really good ending with her (marriage + children) and i'll be happy.
that's good for you. I ain't looking for a virgin girl but definitely not looking for someone who looks sex as just fun and is so much into casual hookups. Being confident and straight forward are just mere words to hide her slutty nature. As i said whatever you feel right. It's your life anyways. if you are fine to be in a relationship with someone who is into random hookups then it's okay but majority of the people won't go for that. At least not me. The same applies for man as well. we call those men manslut.

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
Playing 0.4.1c On 'consequential' dialog choices, it sometime takes multiple clicks before the choice registers. EX - I make the selection, it disappears, the comes up without changes - again. If I keep clicking it will eventually advance the story.
Is this a known bug with a quickfix, or is this something specific to me? I am also using the in-game mod - if that matters.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
I have not had any similar bug-reports, SciGuy

Before I check it further, try unzipping your Leap of Faith clean/unmodded game to a different folder, and run it to see if you have the same problem. If the problem persists, come back to me. If not, contact the author of the mod. :)

ps: You will see your modded saves in the clean version, but they are not compatible with each other. Do not overwrite clean saves with the modded etc.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Playing 0.4.1c On 'consequential' dialog choices, it sometime takes multiple clicks before the choice registers. EX - I make the selection, it disappears, the comes up without changes - again. If I keep clicking it will eventually advance the story.
Is this a known bug with a quickfix, or is this something specific to me? I am also using the in-game mod - if that matters.
Is it possible this is a result of accidentally rolling back dialog with your mouse wheel, rather than a specific bug with the game?

The wheel on my mouse is a little dodgy, and something like what you described happens to me from time to time; not just in this game, but I've noticed it's a bit worse here because of how often a bunch of actions with the phone can be rolled back in an instant.

Reactions: Yuno Gasai

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
Drifty,since you said multiple times that this particular story is planed out to its many endings,would you be willing to tell us how many chapters are planed out for the game(or at least will the chapter number breach into the double digits)?

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Drifty,since you said multiple times that this particular story is planed out to its many endings,would you be willing to tell us how many chapters are planed out for the game(or at least will the chapter number breach into the double digits)?
I recall him saying there were 8, possibly 9 chapters planned out.
That is correct. 8 Chapters, with a possible reunion chapter somewhere down the road.

Even though I would have loved to make this into a longer journey, it would be hard to expand on the current script. And after all it is just my introduction to the world of VNs, my master's degree if you like, so that I can jump into my next project with a whole lot more experience and knowledge.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
That is correct. 8 Chapters, with a possible reunion chapter somewhere down the road.

Even though I would have loved to make this into a longer journey, it would be hard to expand on the current script. And after all it is just my introduction to the world of VNs, my master's degree if you like, so that I can jump into my next project with a whole lot more experience and knowledge.
This game is going to have 8 chapters but you are asking players to choose a girl in chapter 4th. isn't it too soon to choose a girl? if you ask players to choose a girl you'll have to have content for each girls from now on depending upon which girl player chose in chapter 4.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
I think much of LoF's script has been questioned since the day of release, and I'm fine by that, hoping to bring you a different kind of story.

Some of the reasoning behind 'choosing' a girl in chapter 4, is for you to start your romantic adventure at that point (it is by far the biggest chapter in the story). Each choice is backed by a rather lenghty backstory, which gives me the option to include lewd action in later chapters without any backstory at all, making them less time-consuming to make. Chapter 5 and 6 also include separation, where you will not have the option to spend time with all (even your girl of choice). Chapter 7 is about recovery and 8 about giving you the perfect end for your choice - or a change or heart (after all, there is beauty in that too for those who choose that road).

Also, hopefully by later chapters I will be able to build myself a new rig for rendering. My eight year old entry level gaming rig that I put a 2060 in does a fine job now, but it doesn't take much to improve on that - cutting down development/rending time conciderably. :)

willembever22

Jan 8, 2018
I think much of LoF's script has been questioned since the day of release, and I'm fine by that, hoping to bring you a different kind of story.

Some of the reasoning behind 'choosing' a girl in chapter 4, is for you to start your romantic adventure at that point (it is by far the biggest chapter in the story). Each choice is backed by a rather lenghty backstory, which gives me the option to include lewd action in later chapters without any backstory at all, making them less time-consuming to make. Chapter 5 and 6 also include separation, where you will not have the option to spend time with all (even your girl of choice). Chapter 7 is about recovery and 8 about giving you the perfect end for your choice - or a change or heart (after all, there is beauty in that too for those who choose that road).

Also, hopefully by later chapters I will be able to build myself a new rig for rendering. My eight year old entry level gaming rig that I put a 2060 in does a fine job now, but it doesn't take much to improve on that - cutting down development/rending time conciderably. :)
As long there's no fire and you have to choose who to save :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: B-52reloaded

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018

Well,although i'm a bit bummed that this story wont be that long,I am sure that you will give us top quality content in this remaining chapters.There is always the possibility to bring this characters as a cameo to your other games if they are in the "same universe".Its astounding what you did with your first VN,and I cannot wait to see future projects.

Oh you could always make a series based on this characters...for example in 8 parts...im sure you would finish it before a certain someone releases "Dream of Spring". :D :D :D

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Well,although i'm a bit bummed that this story wont be that long,I am sure that you will give us top quality content in this remaining chapters.There is always the possibility to bring this characters as a cameo to your other games if they are in the "same universe".Its astounding what you did with your first VN,and I cannot wait to see future projects.

Oh you could always make a series based on this characters...for example in 8 parts...im sure you would finish it before a certain someone releases "Dream of Spring". :D :D :D
I mean to be fair it is good that Drifty is making us "pick" this early since games usually only end once the choice is made. Wonder how Holly is going to work tho, i'm assuming we will get a "pick no one" option in ch4 then the Holly route will open later on in the story.

Reactions: Dr.Jan Itor

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I mean to be fair it is good that Drifty is making us "pick" this early since games usually only end once the choice is made. Wonder how Holly is going to work tho, i'm assuming we will get a "pick no one" option in ch4 then the Holly route will open later on in the story.
Are you sure Holly is getting a route.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Are you sure Holly is getting a route.
Route I do not know, but she was confirmed as can get with her and an ending option by dev earlier in the thread as a sort of Joker. (last could have been a remark on patreon on latest poll from him).

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
That's a positive thing, just means that you should interpret involvement, intrigue, indulging, inclusive, innovative, infatuation insightful, inspirational, invigorating, incredible and you should feel indestructable for the ingenuity and intensity sorry seems my vocabulary is INsufficient to make this work.

Really tho, you should see all those antics as something positive and you definitely delivered in bringing a great story so far even with the scrutiny about some points, mostly Steph I guess :LOL: everything else everyone loves that!

Also, hopefully by later chapters I will be able to build myself a new rig for rendering. My eight year old entry level gaming rig that I put a 2060 in does a fine job now, but it doesn't take much to improve on that - cutting down development/rending time conciderably.
Wait whut... all those animations rendered with a 2060? I'm Impressed, rendered in Daz?
And excuse me for saying so, but that makes me hyped for what you will eventually do next after LoF.
Must be insane with what you picked up so far..

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
Yeah,Drifty did this like a true pro.We will get much more then they lived haply ever after.Meh not into Holy that much,but Drifty said she is planed out and has a lot less to offer than the og crew.

Reactions: Ayhsel
4.80 star(s) 559 Votes