broyo

Jun 17, 2017
Wow, this was incredible. Only bad thing about gems like this is that every other game suddenly feels mediocre. Can't waiy for Chapter 5.

Reactions: Dr.Jan Itor

Fap2766

Sep 17, 2020
For those not on Patreon:

We're getting there, one bullet point at a time.
Development
This week has been mostly about getting the dialogues and menu choices in place. In addition to that, music has been selected and the choices and branching is done. There's still a lot to do like, phone elements, character trait scenes, some ui changes, the end of chapter screen, a roam event and a scene that is completely different depending on your trait.
Other than that, I've shortened the script quite a bit, due to finding the first version a bit too heavy on dialogue and saw it could be shortened quite a bit without losing any entertainment value.
No render/image numbers this week, as I've also re-done some animations and earlier ch5 renders week due to errors/clipping/light reflections, so my render folders are having an unusually big number of renders which don't really show the actual number for this chapter.
Chapter 5 and Cece clarification
I've seen a lot of speculation the past weeks of what is believed to be the content of this chapter. First, I know that a lot of you are on the Cece path, or interested in her story even if she's not your love interest.
As I've mentioned earlier, and would like to stress further, is that not all the girls has an equally big part in every chapter. You've already seen Lexi being absent in ch 2, Steph in ch 2+3, etc.
If you are playing the Cece path and only Cece, this chapter might have a shorter feel to it though due to content with Lexi, Steph and Holly being the main focus - plus some new faces. Cece isn't completely gone though. You will still see a bit of how their relationship has evolved, and set up the story for a strong chapter 6-8 finish from her.
Have a good weekend, and stay healty.

SeiferAM

Feb 18, 2020
Awesome game and an even better story. Top 5 I played so far. Melody is still my no.1 since it hits too close to home and I really enjoy the stories and character development. Great work!

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Well, I liked this game a lot... until I got to the whole Stephanie explanation.

I won't spoil it, but for me it was seriously ridiculous and totally ruined the whole story for me. I am sure there are peeps who will disagree with me, and that's cool. The game is amazing; well written, decent renders and good pacing, and it will be interesting to see where it goes.

Last edited:

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
Well, I liked this game a lot... until I got to the whole Stephanie explanation.

I won't spoil it, but for me it was seriously ridiculous and totally ruined the whole story for me. I am sure there are peeps who will disagree with me, and that's cool. The game is amazing; well written, decent renders and good pacing, and it will be interesting to see where it goes.
yes, it was impressively dumb.

IamJAG

May 14, 2020
1619183837433.png

Last few words before next weeks Chapter 5 release.
This week has been all about polishing and getting the final touches in. There's still some scripting to do on the Steph route, but other than that it's all minor corrections here and there, plus the post-work in photoshop, before I can hand it over to the testers tomorrow.
I played through it just now, and I'm very pleased with the feel of it. It's been a whole lot of fun to make, and hopefully that will show when you're playing through it.
Next week there will be no Dev Diary due to the release on Saturday.
In total it seems we're ending up on roughly 1,400 renders and 14,000 frames of animation, though I keep changing things and will probably do so all the way up until the release. Current size is 7.5gb, but that is uncompressed.
Have a lovely weekend, and stay safe.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018

Yeah it didn't ruin the game for me but it did completely turn me off her character.

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
I'm the type of guy who jumps to conclusions and holds grudges. So I immediately hated steph. Especially when we see her at the club and go back home with her. Her excuse later on didn't matter. My stubborn self can't forgive!

IamJAG

May 14, 2020
I'm the opposite, I like Steph. My logic is this, they're essentially still kids - making hard choices is a fact of life when you reach a certain age. Dev wrote her character well, you can see she's in turmoil over the choice she had to make.

I still wouldn't rate her above Cece, Linda or Lexi though. The rest, probably.

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Yeah it didn't ruin the game for me but it did completely turn me off her character.
Yeah, okay... ruining the game is a bit harsh. I am still enjoying it, but it looks like Steph is going to be an ongoing part of the story and I just don't really care about her.

Reactions: MrFriendly

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I'm the type of guy who jumps to conclusions and holds grudges. So I immediately hated steph. Especially when we see her at the club and go back home with her. Her excuse later on didn't matter. My stubborn self can't forgive!
I'm with you. I was biased against her initially, so it possibly clouds my opinion of her. But still, her storyline is a bit over the top for me. Regardless, I still really enjoy the game.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, okay... ruining the game is a bit harsh. I am still enjoying it, but it looks like Steph is going to be an ongoing part of the story and I just don't really care about her.
I'm with you. I was biased against her initially, so it possibly clouds my opinion of her. But still, her storyline is a bit over the top for me. Regardless, I still really enjoy the game.
As the former president of the "Break Steph's Heart into Itty Bits Club" I get you. I didn't like her in the beginning and wanted nothing to do with her. Unfortunately even if the player has the MC completely reject her she is still a part of the story and I was disappointed by that fact. I ended up letting go of my hate for Steph and just accepting the preposterous idea that she is a secret agent in the world and reality that is in Leap of Faith. Sadly the entire situation with Steph along with the whole "jumping on a complete stranger's jet and staying in their house" killed a bit of my interest in the game. I do want to see this story to its end but I'm just not as invested in it as I was originally.

Hope the rest of the game stays enjoyable for you.

Reactions: SteelyDan14

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
Your loss.
As the former president of the "Break Steph's Heart into Itty Bits Club"
Getting a little old now, don't ya think?

• Angry

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
I just couldn't get over the jet flight and was a member of the "Break Steph's Heart into Itty Bits Club"
cece was and is mine favorite since my first play through.
had left out the last updates until the big finale.
will then definitely all routes play and form my opinion in the end of the journey:unsure:

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
I'm the opposite, I like Steph. My logic is this, they're essentially still kids - making hard choices is a fact of life when you reach a certain age. Dev wrote her character well, you can see she's in turmoil over the choice she had to make.
It's like d_pedestrian said quote:
MC is the only one she has even been with and stayed loyal to him for so long. Deprived herself from happiness for 2 years to prove MC innocent so that he can live a free and happy life and expected nothing from MC in return. how can someone hate her? she's definitely a waifu.
But if some people still hate her after her explanation or DriftyGames...
preposterous idea that she is a secret agent in the world and reality that is in Leap of Faith
...then it doesn't make them a bad person. They're free to choose another LI instead or simply move on.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
...then it doesn't make them a bad person. They're free to choose another LI instead or simply move on.
It's not that I hate Steph, but I dislike a relationship that is built on lies. I could never be sure about her whether she is telling the truth or not. Not a good basis for a relationship. I also gave my heart to Cece right from the start. I don't know why, but I am always directly drawn to LIs with trauma and mental disorders.

Hisakatana

May 31, 2020
Steph is a character with good intentions but poor execution. I wasn't thrilled with her backstory explanation (it felt a bit far-fetched given how relatively grounded the rest of the story is) and I ended up not forgiving her, but I also didn't leave with any lingering hatred, which was a step up from how I felt after how terrible the previous encounter with her went.

duningtwo

Mar 2, 2020
the stupidity surrounding stephanie is of course in her secret agent backstory, which is silly and immature, but also in the details of her re-encountering mc. they didn't talk during the ride back to her apartment after the club? yeah, she had two or so days left before she could tell him officially, but really? if she was at all concerned with her "husband" walking in on them, why didn't she take mc to a hotel instead? or fuck him in the backseat of her car? or at his place? doesn't she quit her job anyway (can't remember) after getting back with him? the encounter is too foolishly contrived. dumber still however is her deciding to just give up on him after throwing him out the window, despite her waiting two years to see him again, because she thought she'd fucked things up when all she had to do was tell him even a little bit of the truth. same old story with these games: ridiculous melodrama due to a stupid unwillingness to communicate in order to push the plot forward. some of these games really belong on telenova.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes