LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020
they say the ones closest see the changes first i disagree.
In my life, i believe the closer you are the less you see it. even if your born 2 years apart and people call you two twins because you act the same and are together so much. Even then you still don't see it coming. Determined is Determined. always looking back eye sight is 20/20 and everyone tells you there were signs, but the present is blind to the problems. No medicine, therapy, or family can fix what is kept hidden away.

This was written so well it was scary how much it brought back the memory, I read the post and the game does something i wish I could do, but could never do. get others to feel so strong they wish to change the past. take a moment and call a family member let them know your thinking of them.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I don't think I've cried so much in a single update for any other game. There were happy and sad tears sometime followed very closely and now I'm at the warning scared of what will happen once I push that button. Drifty is definitely one of the best avn writers I've seen.
Edit: Well that's done it. I've just seen the ending and I'm crying my eyes out. I'm truly sorry for your loss Drifty. :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Alfius

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Thank you all for you comments and reactions to the chapter.

I do understand that for some, the ending of this chapter might seem like a way to step on your toes and ruin your weekend.

Unfortunately, writing a story that is not all wholesome all the time will leave you that follow me on this journey with cliffhangers that will take me months of development to give you the continuation to. As opposed to you reading the completed story at a later point, where you can just spacebar to the next (very wholesome) part.

I will make it up to you, that's a promise. Just give me a few months.

Also, to make it very clear. That someone who inspired me to write this story is not in the story by any means.

Cheers, everyone. And stay safe out there.
Stella's end in DA was shocking, sad, but ultimately a beautiful and happy ending for her.

The fire scene in AL was a ball-bustlingly hard decision to make.

Luna's backstory in TDLF was gut-wrenching.

But DriftyGames you have surpassed them all. You have turned a simple three-letter word that's in most people's daily vocabulary, "dad", into possibly the single most tear-jerking moment in the history of adult VN games. It was beautifully written.

I hope you are well. I hope you have all the professional help you need to deal with your real life tragedy, and that you are now a better place. And most of all I hope writing this story is not bringing you back to a dark place, but is instead helping you cherish the more beautiful moments you had with your daughter.

I think I speak for a not insignificant portion of the people here when I say that this story is so well written, that even if there is not another lewd scene in the future of this game, we will continue to follow you on this journey.

Any updated walkthroughs/guide for this chapter
You don't need a walkthrough for this chapter. Its flow is completely linear. There isn't (or at least doesn't seem to have) any choices of consequences. The story will unfold the same way with some minor variances to account for earlier choices.

I kinda have a reputation as a bitch to some people on this site so don't go praising me too much, might get back to them that I can be nice and we don't want that.
Too late. But we still love you.

Well damn.....that hit hard.

Also,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No, if you look carefully, that was Cece at the bus stop.

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
Crap and my mood just got shot down for a Monday, it really "Made my day" :mad:

My LI just made a huge "leap of faith" from the Vincent bridge!!

duane71

Feb 19, 2018
The fire scene in AL was a ball-bustlingly hard decision to make.

Luna's backstory in TDLF was gut-wrenching.
Seriously. Some of these devs are killing me.

Also it occurs to me that we've got some really fucking good storytellers here and it's a shame their audience is so small because this is such a niche.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i just finished the CeCe updated part .... omfg .... she's the one i fell for from the start ... and the ending hit my heart very hard ..... see something similar happened to my wife and i as well ... our nephew about 2005 had visited us and my kids and the wife and i had a great time .. everyone laughing ,, enjoyed a great dinner , playing games ,, he had said before he left he'll always remember the fun he had with us ... 2 days later the wife's sister his mother .. found him ... he had hanged himself .. no one could understand .. to this day ,, i still don't ... once we got told the people like that , that want to end everything ... never leaves a reason why .... well enough of that ... for whatever happened to whoever wrote cece's ending .. god bless you
well with that being said i'll finish what other endings you have done .. thanks :)
and now that i've just noticed how each ending was for each girl ... always wonder why they ended with CeCe ... fuck , i'm so stupid .. didn't see that one coming ... love the game and the story is amazing .... :cry::love:

Last edited:

extractied

Nov 11, 2016
Just came here to say that I've lost two friends over the last 3 years due to depression and, consequently, suicide, and last week another friend of mine attempted to do the same, in a totally unexpected turn of events. I'm shocked, to say the least.

If I understood correctly, the same happened to the dev to a loved one, hence why this subject is the focal point of the game, written in such a painfully relatable level of detail. What happened to Cece is something which can happen to someone with (severe) depression, and no matter what you try to do, sometimes it will never be enough.

I really do hope Drifty is fine after going through all this, and tell you guys to cherish the moments with the ones around you. And, of course, do give your friendly shoulder and seek professional help if it's the case, there's no shame in doing that. Depression kills every single day.

GoLo69

Feb 19, 2018
Just came here to say that I've lost two friends over the last 3 years due to depression and, consequently, suicide, and last week another friend of mine attempted to do the same, in a totally unexpected turn of events. I'm shocked, to say the least.

If I understood correctly, the same happened to the dev to a loved one, hence why this subject is the focal point of the game, written in such a painfully relatable level of detail. What happened to Cece is something which can happen to someone with (severe) depression, and no matter what you try to do, sometimes it will never be enough.

I really do hope Drifty is fine after going through all this, and tell you guys to cherish the moments with the ones around you. And, of course, do give your friendly shoulder and seek professional help if it's the case, there's no shame in doing that. Depression kills every single day.
You have my sincere condolences my friend.

Reactions: rerderrum

Hawkthorn

Nov 21, 2017
Any threesome scenes ?
I am on my first paly, and started with CH6, and the path I took did have one. I know that there was at least one other option for sure, do not know as of yet as I have not (but I will) look into other path.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Just got to the end of this one...best wishes Drifty. Very sorry for what you've had to go through. We never really understand things sometimes.

Earlier this year my cousin shot himself...so similar to what you talked about, where he met with his dad the day before to have lunch, told him how much he loved him, but otherwise seemed normal...next day drove up the highway for a good distance, pulled over and shot himself in the head - was always such a happy guy, never seemed sad, left a wife and a couple kids. We never know what people are going through privately.

Hope working on this game is helping you work through things in a way. Again, best wishes from one of your fans.

Reactions: MV_1999

Funeral666

Jun 30, 2019
I recognized Cece's asset easily. Because I worked that model before. She is based on same model with Unleashed Shannon. To be honest I didn't focus on Lexi in the game. I need to inspect her and then search for her asset first. Let me know if you guys know her asset. I'm not promising anything but I'll see what I can do.
So what asset is it that is used for Cece? Where can I find the model?

Jack'son

Dec 16, 2020
I think we all know that depression is difficult to get out of it, especially if the one who has it does not see a shred of hope, but, in Cece's case, I think that the greatest pain she feels has to do with his little brother, something has happened since she blames herself throughout the game, she always says that she ends up hurting others because of her, there is the key
Good point. So many people can't get past an event for which they are not to blame.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes