Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021
ep8_end_no31.png

Image caption: ...there's an ending for everyone.
Ok, time needs to go just a bit slower. I feel the release is right around the corner, and there's still lots of work to be done.

Visuals
This week I've been continuing doing story renders, surpassing both the 2,200 and 2,300 mark. I've almost finished all of the endings from the mc's perspective. After that, I'm going to do the endings from the girls' perspective, which is far fewer, but still needs to be done. Hopefully, I'll be able to do every single story render by the end of next week, or else I'm in trouble.
After that, I'll continue the work on the concert scene together with scripting and general preparation.

Music
There's also good progress on the music front. I'm signing new songs at a rate of 2-3 songs a day.
Unfortunately, there are some big names who have not replied or gone silent. Among them are Joy Hanna (most of Lexi's route), Michael Shynes (general atmosphere and the limo 2-3-5 lip-sync), Katrina Stone (several songs, including chapter 7's Cece prologue 'raincheck'), and Lance Conrad (Lexi's 'Crazy' song). Hopefully, they'll get back to me with a decisive answer at least.

New artists signed are The Lighthearts (yes, the old main menu song is back in the game, together with the 'don't you give up now', Cece recovery song) and Jay Denton (general atmosphere and Cece's route - kiss on the bench). I've also agreed on a price in talks with Narrow Skies for their amazing version of Auld Lang Syne. In addition to that, I have secured the title track for my new game, which you'll see/hear in the teaser in LoF chapter 8 (the song is not available on Youtube or Spotify yet).
It's safe to assume that Leap of Faith has by far the biggest music budget of any AVN released, but I only have one shot at this to make it as good as I envision it, so I feel it's worth it.

Important
The Steam version will be censored by default with the release of chapter 8, but there will be a free DLC to uncensor it if you want to keep playing the same version you're used to. The Patreon version will stay the same. Some songs might be removed in the uncensored Steam version, although nobody has requested it yet. I will keep you updated on this.

The major reason to make Leap of Faith censored by default is that it allows me to release it on Apple's app store.

Anyway, enough babbling from me, I'll head back to work and you guys have a great weekend. Stay safe out there.

// Drifty

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
there ISN'T ending for every1, some want harem.
I'd like a Harem as well, but the storyline(to me) does not feel that could be an option. Maybe a small spinoff that lets us have the Harem could be possible.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'd like a Harem as well, but the storyline(to me) does not feel that could be an option. Maybe a small spinoff that lets us have the Harem could be possible.
yea not rly unless all girls moved to live at lexi.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1979959

Reading the tea leaves, it seems Drifty completed somewhere around 200 story renders this week, bumping his overall average up to ~70 stories/week since Chapter 7 launched. Still no word on animations, so I presume they are considered complete at roughly 25000 frames. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not much to add here. We're still on target for the September 9 release, though the margins are a bit tighter. Hopefully no problems will crop up.

Meanwhile some good news on the music front; I'm thrilled we get to keep the intro song. And I have to say the preview image is the best Kira has looked since she dropped her showy lipstick and hair color; she looks downright gorgeous. Let's hope that's a good omen...

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Replaying this for the god knows how many times in prep for CH 8 and I'm at the point where MC first kisses Lexi (I'm doing my first Holly run cause Lexi is my favorite and I really can't stand the thought of hurting the computer pixels that are Lexi) and she says "shame". Now, after playing so many replays I realize it means "shame others are coming, things could get more heated", but it could initially be confusing after the choice based system. Players could think they F'd things up with their choices. My first playthrough I must have tried every conceivable combination and still got "shame" before I figured out it meant shame the others are coming. Just a thought.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Replaying this for the god knows how many times in prep for CH 8 and I'm at the point where MC first kisses Lexi (I'm doing my first Holly run cause Lexi is my favorite and I really can't stand the thought of hurting the computer pixels that are Lexi) and she says "shame". Now, after playing so many replays I realize it means "shame others are coming, things could get more heated", but it could initially be confusing after the choice based system. Players could think they F'd things up with their choices. My first playthrough I must have tried every conceivable combination and still got "shame" before I figured out it meant shame the others are coming. Just a thought.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: faradhii

gyandev

Oct 10, 2020
can someone tell me how much sexual content this game has?
the tags seem to suggest its basically vanilla sex scenes(which im ok with, just want to know)

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes