Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Cece's and Lexi's endings seem very good to me. Linda's and Robin and Kira's solo ones are a bit subdued, but still above average.

Let's say that the avns rarely have the best part in the finale
Glad they were good to you. I would've preferred a bit more to the endings myself. But, as you said, most endings in AVNs rarely have great endings. So, we all pretty much accept what we get. It's always a good thing when a dev actually completes their games and not abandons them.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Glad they were good to you. I would've preferred a bit more to the endings myself. But, as you said, most endings in AVNs rarely have great endings. So, we all pretty much accept what we get. It's always a good thing when a dev actually completes their games and not abandons them.
But in a situation where more than half of the games have practically no endings, another large proportion have improvised endings, I don't feel like complaining about endings that are however congruent and not identical for all LIs

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
But in a situation where more than half of the games have practically no endings, another large proportion have improvised endings, I don't feel like complaining about endings that are however congruent and not identical for all LIs
Also, there's always the unanswerable question of how the musicopalypse effected his writing in the last chapter ... Drifty may not even be able to answer that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Sorry, I didn't understand what you were referring to
I'm not sure if you're saying you figured it out after leaving a "hmm" on my post or if you're saying you're not sure what I mean, so here goes:

I'm talking about the fact that he finished Chap 7, put his game on Steam, and almost immediately had to come to a screeching halt in working on the next (was it going to be last?) chapter because most of the music, which he THOUGHT he'd got approved, was tagged in a copywrite claim, causing Steam to pull his game and forcing him to rethink everything about the music. (From what he said, the companies' TOS changed between when he first received permission and when he posted on Steam, and he didn't have a contract that would weather those changes) As far as I know, he never announced that Chap 8 was going to be the last chapter until AFTER that all happened, which has always made me wonder if he had more planned or if the ending is similar to his initial intentions.

That said, I actually felt -- other than a lack of meaningful choices in Chap 8 -- Chap 7 left me more wanting than Chap 8 did (particularly with the vanishing act Holly did). I especially like that each LI's ending feels unique, yet Drifty fit them all together.

As always, Steph's story start-to-finish feels the weakest, mostly (for me) because of how warped the timeline is because of her story. Although my least favorite is actually the "Hollywood" trio ending ... not even sure why.

Also, playing through with Drifty's commentary was a beautiful experience.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm not sure if you're saying you figured it out after leaving a "hmm" on my post or if you're saying you're not sure what I mean, so here goes:

I'm talking about the fact that he finished Chap 7, put his game on Steam, and almost immediately had to come to a screeching halt in working on the next (was it going to be last?) chapter because most of the music, which he THOUGHT he'd got approved, was tagged in a copywrite claim, causing Steam to pull his game and forcing him to rethink everything about the music. (From what he said, the companies' TOS changed between when he first received permission and when he posted on Steam, and he didn't have a contract that would weather those changes) As far as I know, he never announced that Chap 8 was going to be the last chapter until AFTER that all happened, which has always made me wonder if he had more planned or if the ending is similar to his initial intentions.

That said, I actually felt -- other than a lack of meaningful choices in Chap 8 -- Chap 7 left me more wanting than Chap 8 did (particularly with the vanishing act Holly did). I especially like that each LI's ending feels unique, yet Drifty fit them all together.

As always, Steph's story start-to-finish feels the weakest, mostly (for me) because of how warped the timeline is because of her story. Although my least favorite is actually the "Hollywood" trio ending ... not even sure why.

Also, playing through with Drifty's commentary was a beautiful experience.
I really didn't know the episode you refer to, interesting.

I didn't mention Steph because for her the problem is not the ending, but her overall story which is the big weak point of the game

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I didn't mention Steph because for her the problem is not the ending, but her overall story which is the big weak point of the game
Fair ... even if you don't have problems with her plot, her story -- plus all the locked-in time elements -- means the Three Musketeers spent 8 years in High School ... and Steph (who dated MC for almost three years) didn't join them until the first month or two of their Senior year, so that itself took up the last 3 of them.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Also, there's always the unanswerable question of how the musicopalypse effected his writing in the last chapter ... Drifty may not even be able to answer that.
Next time, when trying to invent a word, try to at least get the base words' spelling right. "Music" + "apocalypse" might make musicapocalypse or musicalypse but not musicopalypse. :ROFLMAO:

• Hey there
Reactions: Elhemeer

runz

Mar 3, 2018
Android Port of
Leap Of Faith [Ch.8]
DOWNLOAD: MEGA
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Consider supporting me on my or you can also join my for more android ports and mods.
I can't find my saves dude

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I can't find my saves dude

*must have patience*

you have saves in 2 places, 1st are in lof 7\game\saves and 2nd are under \appdata\roaming\renpy\leap of faith-*some numbers*

lof 8 saves are in same places except on latter there's -steam after numbers.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Fair ... even if you don't have problems with her plot, her story -- plus all the locked-in time elements -- means the Three Musketeers spent 8 years in High School ... and Steph (who dated MC for almost three years) didn't join them until the first month or two of their Senior year, so that itself took up the last 3 of them.
I would also pass over the temporal reconstruction of events and the believability of a teenage agent sent as an infiltrator to a high school (and the note that was hidden in plain sight for years in the only shirt MC owns)

But it is precisely her story that is undigestible.

Steph in fact threatens to permanently ruin MC's life, first by increasing suspicion of him because of her procrastination in giving a definitive answer about him, and later by freezing his life in the fiction of the fake cover job
MC basically threw away years of his life because of Steph's unprofessionalism (and whoever sent her)

this is then followed by the nihilism with which he carries out his meeting with MC, to restore a relationship destroyed by lies the first thing she feels compelled to tell him is to run away because she is married... :WaitWhat:

runz

Mar 3, 2018

*must have patience*

you have saves in 2 places, 1st are in lof 7\game\saves and 2nd are under \appdata\roaming\renpy\leap of faith-*some numbers*

lof 8 saves are in same places except on latter there's -steam after numbers.
I'm playing on Android

Reactions: DiPeppo

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'm playing on Android
same thing, find where android stores "permanent" saves and and either copy files from non -steam folder to folder with -steam or delete -steam folder and rename old folder to have -steam.

Reactions: DiPeppo

runz

Mar 3, 2018
same thing, find where android stores "permanent" saves and and either copy files from non -steam folder to folder with -steam or delete -steam folder and rename old folder to have -steam.
I found it mate it's on folder document and you can see a folder name JM

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes