hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
I just finished my first playthrough of game yesterday and wow, what an emotional roller coaster that was! I went the Cece route and was happy with the choices I made - it's extremely likely to be my head cannon no matter what. The thing is that the more of the story that I played, the more it got me a lot more interested in the other characters as well and now I'm wanting to play some of the other routes to get more of their stories and see how differently things go. Cece's route left me super curious about Linda's situation and I definitely want to spend more time with Lexi and Holly (even Steph I'd like to see how things play out with since her story seemed like it could be potentially more detached from the rest).

With that said, my predicament is that I felt like I needed a break before doing another route after getting through it once. It's similar to the feeling after you've finished a really good show/book and you need to just sit with your feelings about it for a while before you can move on to something else (or maybe that's just me). More practically, this game was not just light fare (it's pretty emotionally heavy) and I didn't feel like I could play it without having a sizeable chunk of time set aside to let myself get sucked into it each session - especially since the format was so addictive. That may be easier on subsequent routes but I'm not quite ready to find out yet... though I know I'm going to be really tempted to as I have a week off from work for the holidays coming up.

So my questions for those of you that have completed multiple routes:
1. Is it just me or did you take time between playthroughs (at least after the first)?
2. Do we actually learn significantly more about the different characters on their own routes?
3. Any suggestions for order of routes to play after Cece? The only ones I'm unlikely to sink time into are Robin and Kira.

Some random minor nitpicks having just played:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To make up for the nitpicks:

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
I started getting depressed about your musical culture ... but a miracle happened !
Thx god ... View attachment 2244907
The references I found a bit hit or miss as is usually the case but I definitely appreciated a handful like that one as well as the bit about No Retreat, No Surrender (I grew up on super cheesy 80s flicks like that and The Last Dragon) though I kinda doubt anything but theme song from it really holds up well today.

abc123xyz

Jul 7, 2019
I just finished my first playthrough of game yesterday and wow, what an emotional roller coaster that was!
I'm not going to quote your whole post, but I just wanted to throw my perspective into it like you did. I went into the game blind. I didn't know anything about it except that you had to chose one girl per playthrough. So I decided before I started that I'd play the game for the girls "in order of appearance" so my first trip through I went with Kyra and Robin since you're introduced to them first. I wish I had done Cece first and several times almost restarted the game. By the time I got to the "point of no return" where you confirm your pick I decided to just stick it out. I had no idea about the, let's call it a "twist" that happened halfway through. If I did, I would have definitely restarted, but by that point I was far too committed to the story and the emotional investment in everything going on to just start over. Never expected anything like that in a visual novel to affect me as much as it did. The author of this game is on another plane of existence compared to everyone else here.

I do get where you're coming from about having to wait between replays, though. However I did immediately replay to choose Cece and I'm glad I did. It was far more satisfying.
After I finished Cece's playthrough I gave it a couple of days because it was just overpowering. I needed time to digest all of those emotions. I did Lexi next, but honestly I wish I had given it more time before starting another. Before I do another one I'm definitely giving it at least a week or two.

I'm like you in that I don't have anything really bad to say about the game (except for what's in the spoiler above), just some of my own minor nitpicks.

I do have one question. I still don't get one thing.

As for suggestions on an order to play in, I don't have one. Cece first for sure is all I can suggest. By reading other posts here it seems like Lexi is second favorite after Cece, but I don't know. It didn't even come close. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't anywhere close to Cece's story.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So my questions for those of you that have completed multiple routes:
1. Is it just me or did you take time between playthroughs (at least after the first)?
2. Do we actually learn significantly more about the different characters on their own routes?
3. Any suggestions for order of routes to play after Cece? The only ones I'm unlikely to sink time into are Robin and Kira.
1. i finished kira et robin after ch8 came out and then much later lexi/lexi+holly and then again much later rest (1 route for each day or so).
2. there are unique scenes on each path like mc (and players) finding out linda's new job if is on linda's path.
3. don't think kira and robin is more timesink than others paths, all paths have their fun and good moments so play those which appeal to you.

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
Many seem to consider CeCe’s path to be the Cannon path for this story since she’s actually the one telling the story at the end in every version, and I love her route, its my favorite. That being said, Lexi’s path is probably my secon favorite, and it is the “cannon path” for the Leap of Faith cameos in the Chasing Sunsets world.

So technically, both CeCe and Lexi are canon just in different realities…;)
Not just Chasing Sunsets. If you want to see more Lexi goodness in a yet another different-but-kinda-parallel reality, try Artemis. Our favourite hyperactive popstar appears there in the flesh.

For me personally, Lexi is The One. I was initially drawn to how kind, humble and down-to-earth she was, even though she had every reason to be anything but. When she started throwing herself at the MC I was somewhat conflicted, thinking she was just looking for a fling, but then the bonus scene with her and the prologue to Chapter 4 recontextualized her behaviour and sealed the deal for me.

The only thing I didn't like on her path was everything leading up to

About Cece.

As interesting and memorable as Cece is as a character, and as much as I can relate to her, I couldn't help but see her as a friend or the little sister I never had rather than someone I would want to be romantically involved with. I was fully invested in supporting her through thick and thin and helping her overcome her issues, but my feelings for her were only platonic.

Maybe it's precisely because I can relate to her: I know firsthand just how hard people like us are to deal with on a regular basis. Relationships are about giving and taking, about treating your partner's problems as your own and it's hard to give them a shoulder to lean on when you're always buckling under the weight of your own issues.

Or maybe it's because finding love was never central to her character.

When we see her get on that bus (when you're not on her path), the message we get is one of cautious optimism. We don't know where she's going or what she intends; chances are she doesn't know it either. And we don't need to know. What matters is that finally, after dreading the future for so long, feeling like a dead weight and effectively giving up on life, she is willingly going into the unknown all by herself, ready to explore and try something new; ready to take on whatever challenges she runs into. Her demons are not banished, but now she has the will to keep them in check and keep moving on. Having the MC by her side is the cherry on top, but her arc is complete either way, with or without him.

That said, I did enjoy her path and found it wholesome and satisfying. I can understand why hers is the canon ending for many.

To make up for the nitpicks:
Indeed, it hit close to home and that's because this scene was born out of personal experience.

I've done a run with the Dev's commentary feature on and during this scene Drifty explains that he had a talk with his daughter about her feelings and her inner struggle, and what we see in the game very much reflects how she described it.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
Yes, but the part that bugs me is how she casually goes behind the MC's back to make out with Holly, and that happens even if you decide not to go for the threesome.

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021

That's something I wondered as well...

I totally didn't pick up on the British slang but definitely will next time now... that's an interesting one since I one of my friends/coworkers is very British I may just be desensitized at this point, haha. Anyway, thanks for sharing your insights! That goes for cxx and Frowster as well.

Reactions: abc123xyz

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

That's something I wondered as well...
So, much of this is due to having played with Drifty's commentary in his Walkthrough, but ...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
For me personally, Lexi is The One. I was initially drawn to how kind, humble and down-to-earth she was, even though she had every reason to be anything but. When she started throwing herself at the MC I was somewhat conflicted, thinking she was just looking for a fling, but then the bonus scene with her and the prologue to Chapter 4 recontextualized her behaviour and sealed the deal for me.

The only thing I didn't like on her path was everything leading up to
I agree that Lexi is awesome. As for Chapter 5, you can run a Lexi route without a Holly "bonus/addon", that's how I ran my Lexi route. I actually replayed it later for the Holly content and prefer it without the threesome, so I dont even look at Holly's breasts on the balcony... and yeah, she and Holly kiss on the yacht, but you and Holly kiss outside the hospital, so...

Anyway, As I have said before, Cece is my fav, but only barely. Lexi is my second favorite and was my initial focus on my first play through, however I didn't finish that play through but went back when Linda professed her love at Lexi's and played through with Linda as the main girl, until Cece left her note, then I went back and played through with Cece as main LI and finished, then I finished Lexi's route and then Linda's.

At the moment, I am in the process of learning Daz and Ren'Py and plan to make my own VN's in the near future (I have 10 planed so far) and I hold LOF as the model to measure my own work against, which is honestly quite a high bar!

In at least three of my VN's, I hope to have some type of LOF cameo and I intend to use the Lexi Route as canon for my games. Even in the one that takes place on a small moon colony(not Earth's moon) in space in 2336.

I plan to have the MC name his ship (his final biggest ship) the Dimante after his mother's favorite Old Earth musician.
(He goes through 5 ships from a tiny 1 person craft to a large vessel with a crew compliment of 6 to 8, and I plan for his second to last ship to be named "The Sunset" as a nod to a certain yacht in another game)

In another, I intend to have the MC share a bus ride with a young black haired girl who strikes up a conversation with him because she looks in his eyes and see's that he needs... something. She sees that he is reading a newspaper article about Lexi getting married and, to break the ice, asks if he likes Lexi, and he says "Of course, who doesn't" and she says I know her, and her fiancée. So they talk and she gives him some advice that helps hm as he goes through the rest of his story. When they reach his destination, they say good bye, he gets off, and she continues on.

So yeah, just because Cece's my favorite, doesn't mean that I don't absolutely LOVE Lexi as well!

Last edited:

abc123xyz

Jul 7, 2019
So, much of this is due to having played with Drifty's commentary in his Walkthrough, but ...

Thanks for that info. It really clears up just about all of the loose ends I've come across so far and confirms some things I had gut feelings about. There are a couple of things I'm still not entirely clear on, but I'm pretty sure they're covered in other paths that I haven't done yet, so I'm holding off on asking about them. I plan to do a big write-up after I've completed as close to 100% of the game that I can. It's great that Drifty has a scene counter in the game so you can track progress.

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
As interesting and memorable as Cece is as a character, and as much as I can relate to her, I couldn't help but see her as a friend or the little sister I never had rather than someone I would want to be romantically involved with. I was fully invested in supporting her through thick and thin and helping her overcome her issues, but my feelings for her were only platonic.

Maybe it's precisely because I can relate to her: I know firsthand just how hard people like us are to deal with on a regular basis. Relationships are about giving and taking, about treating your partner's problems as your own and it's hard to give them a shoulder to lean on when you're always buckling under the weight of your own issues.
This is something I can totally get. When it comes to RL relationships I couldn't agree more with the sentiment. I could go on for ages about why it tends not to work and how it can be detrimental, but I think you distilled the central point better than I could have so I'll spare everyone my ramblings and personal anecdotes on the matter this time.

I adored Cece but her and anyone with my issues would never work out. Whether the MC and her would work was a completely separate thing in my mind though. From pretty early on in the game it was clear to me that while often relatable, the MC was more his own character in this story rather than just a vehicle for my choices. I felt like he had the capacity, stability, and supportive nature to be the partner she could rely on.

That said, I fully acknowledge your view on it was completely understandable. Honestly I hadn't thought about it that way. I also do agree that love wasn't necessarily the primary goal with her character. I'm still happy she got to experience it though and I felt her getting to be more okay with it was worthwhile character growth.

Side note: You folks are getting me really getting me looking forward to the next route I try. I'm still going to try to avoid the urge to delve back in until the new year if I can but discussing it has definitely helped relieve some worries I had about it.

Reactions: Elhemeer

ElTioPaco

Apr 8, 2018
Lol, I've tried to load my saves from version 7 to 1.0 and none show up.

Both, downloaded from this website.

I have moved the saves from v7\game\saves to v1.0\games\saves and it didn't work either.

Then I have moved the saves from AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LeapofFaith-1574721269 to AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LeapofFaith-1574721269-steam

And didn't work

Then I renamed AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LeapofFaith-1574721269 to AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LeapofFaith-1574721269-steam

and they don't show up either, I had the intention of replaying the game from the beginning, but I wanted to play it through my original saves first.

Can anyone think of something more than what I've already tried?

EDIT:

Lol, autosaved rescued, its time to enjoy the final chapter

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 563 Votes