DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Then if we can choose, can you have an option at the concert where we are NOT forced to go with Stephanie, and instead have an option with the girls at concert or more interaction with Lexi?
The original version had a route where you get an extra ticket to Kira and the three of you go to Metro together. I'm hoping I can bring that in for the final steam-version of the game as an extra.

Excluding Steph will be hard though.

My original script had an extra scene with Stephanie. I'll include it in the spoilers for good measure. I'm also hoping to bring that scene for the final version.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
He's still Official Leader of the "Break Steph's Heart Into Itty Bits" Club, I think you're safe. :)
Mostly because I was nominated, seconded, and thirded by myself and my Athletic, Flirty, and Romantic personalities... :D

I think there's a fine line to how much of the backstory I can visually display and tell in detail before it derails the story itself. It's not really a story about him and Steph, equally as it's not a story about that girl he saved on the bridge that night. It's about a lot of people with some backstories (and luggage) getting together and how that one summer brought them together - in a chain of both good and bad events.

I'm already bringing in more backstory than I think is the norm for VN's, but there's still things lurking in the background.
Really it would be fine if things were discussed. I don't need to see every memory in a flashback manner but it would be nice to see Chris and the MC talk about various memories, even have "inside" jokes that the two of them have or that Chris, MC, and Linda talk more about school and their siblings or families (when I see someone from my past - high school friends in this case, inevitably the "so how's your parents/siblings/best friend doing?" questions happen). Like when Linda asked about Matt. Bit more of that would be great. All of the conversations are about the now or trauma. People with a shared past who reconnect often talk about the past.

Perhaps Chris, MC, and Steph could have an inside joke that Chris and the MC "retired" after she left. I'd also like it if Chris tells Steph off for hurting the MC. He's the only person who's been there for the MC this entire time.

I also saw you mentioning in another post that we need more outside people from the mc's day to day life. I would have to disagree on that, seeing as this is a different kind of story than ea. Last Call, which is another excellent (though different) story, where the action itself is about the people in that bar or even town. Where as in LoF, the MC is not really looking back, and more about being in the here and now.

That doesn't mean I won't bring in new people though, by all means. Or people which has already been mentioned, but not seen/or played a big part yet.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the discussion so far as always. Though mostly on the curious side. The story is already written. :)
I understand that LoF may be about the "here and now" unfortunately the past casts a huge shadow over the here and now. That's been the main sticking point about Steph. But I understand not wanting to constantly dwell on the past. I was hoping to see more friends and family. The MC feels very solitary as a person, besides Chris and the mystery dad we don't know anything about his family and friends.

Love the game, love the characters, will be very upset with you if a building gets burnt and people are stuck in it.

The original version had a route where you get an extra ticket to Kira and the three of you go to Metro together. I'm hoping I can bring that in for the final steam-version of the game as an extra.

My original script had an extra scene with Stephanie. I'll include it in the spoilers for good measure. I'm also hoping to bring that scene for the final version.

I really look forward to seeing that version, I will definitely buy it on steam if both of those items end up in the final game. It would lessen my hatred of Steph significantly if we had that Steph scene.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well that spoilered scene would already have made way more sense, just as a Steph without a husband as baggage would have already made any story following a lot easier, unless that marriage was the reason she had to go. Then again that should have been something she could have discussed with MC before disappearing. Having an arranged marriage hanging over you and duty may not be fun, but also not something you cannot discuss with your partner.

As a certain friendly person said the here and now is formed by the past and you can never be free from it, especially if have a past like MC and Steph, but it feels more like all of them are in someway stuck in some moments of their past, especially Cece as well.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
that definitely would've sliced the number of Anti-Stephanies' here by half :ROFLMAO:
It would have softened things to be sure, but insisting on sex before explanation once they got home would still have been a huge issue. MC is owed an explanation. None of the things that insisting on sex first suggests are good. Is she not aware of the pain she caused him? Does she not care about it? Is she not confident that her explanation will be accepted? So, yeah, it would have been a nice add-on to the scene which would have made the whole showdown at her home a bit less abruptly out of nowhere, but it wouldn't have solved the issue completely.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
He's still Official Leader of the "Break Steph's Heart Into Itty Bits" Club, I think you're safe. :)

I think there's a fine line to how much of the backstory I can visually display and tell in detail before it derails the story itself. It's not really a story about him and Steph, equally as it's not a story about that girl he saved on the bridge that night. It's about a lot of people with some backstories (and luggage) getting together and how that one summer brought them together - in a chain of both good and bad events.

I'm already bringing in more backstory than I think is the norm for VN's, but there's still things lurking in the background.

I also saw you mentioning in another post that we need more outside people from the mc's day to day life. I would have to disagree on that, seeing as this is a different kind of story than ea. Last Call, which is another excellent (though different) story, where the action itself is about the people in that bar or even town. Where as in LoF, the MC is not really looking back, and more about being in the here and now.

That doesn't mean I won't bring in new people though, by all means. Or people which has already been mentioned, but not seen/or played a big part yet.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the discussion so far as always. Though mostly on the curious side. The story is already written. :)

My only wish that there would be an opportunity to break Stephs heart the same she broke the MC. It is too good an opportunity to pass up. The perfect example of dark irony.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
My only wish that there would be an opportunity to break Stephs heart the same she broke the MC. It is too good an opportunity to pass up. The perfect example of dark irony.
I contend that Steph's actions broke her own heart just as much as the MC's. I know that a lot of players aren't going to like this statement, but I think MC going out of his way to hurt her back is going to make *him* the asshole of the situation.

If her reasoning isn't good enough when it's finally revealed, then I hope we get a "I don't forgive you, goodbye" option.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Well that spoilered scene would already have made way more sense, just as a Steph without a husband as baggage would have already made any story following a lot easier, unless that marriage was the reason she had to go. Then again that should have been something she could have discussed with MC before disappearing. Having an arranged marriage hanging over you and duty may not be fun, but also not something you cannot discuss with your partner.

As a certain friendly person said the here and now is formed by the past and you can never be free from it, especially if have a past like MC and Steph, but it feels more like all of them are in someway stuck in some moments of their past, especially Cece as well.
So much this!
As much as I adore this VN so far I am already dreading the reveal of Steph's motives for the sudden disappearance.
It's gonna take some really good writing or it's gonna be a terrible let down/turn off for her character, maybe even the plot?
In the portrayed loving relationship they were in it's hard to imagine her not feeling comfortable, loved, supported enough to not tell or hint at what was going on with her/in her life. Also in the flashbacks so far it comes off as MC being reluctant to inquire about it as well which feels a little weird...

Honestly it sucks that you have to make concessions in your creative work. Still the Kira ticket seems to bother me more than the scene with Steph not making it probably because it felt right being drunk and captivated in the moment, her scent and then jumping each other.

The whole ticket thing just had me guessing why it was even a point in the game so at least it makes sense now :ROFLMAO:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I contend that Steph's actions broke her own heart just as much as the MC's. I know that a lot of players aren't going to like this statement, but I think MC going out of his way to hurt her back is going to make *him* the asshole of the situation.

If her reasoning isn't good enough when it's finally revealed, then I hope we get a "I don't forgive you, goodbye" option.
Oh it is clear she had feelings for MC, just how she went about it, the devillish work of dev to paint her in as bad a light as possible at start and fact she seems to have had a happy married life without telling MC in anyway she could not get back and to move on kinda work against her and that she immediately jumped him without any explanation in what seemed to us as players seconds and not after a long intimate walk. Hell even the description
would have changed the whole scene and make her feel way less as a complete egocentric bitch.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Oh it is clear she had feelings for MC, just how she went about it, the devillish work of dev to paint her in as bad a light as possible at start and fact she seems to have had a happy married life without telling MC in anyway she could not get back and to move on kinda work against her and that she immediately jumped him without any explanation in what seemed to us as players seconds and not after a long intimate walk. Hell even the description
would have changed the whole scene
Honestly, I don't think she had a choice. Think about who MC's father is. Consider Steph's first Nuke photo. She works for the Pentagon and was spying on MC to see how much he knew about his Dad's illegal operations and had to move on when it became clear he knew nothing. #justspythings

magus448

May 22, 2018
Yeah, I thought it was funny as hell. I mean if she kicked MC in the balls or punched him in the face then yeah we'd have a problem.
Didn't the MC say the pinky thing was a worse pain than getting kicked in the balls?

How does Steph love the MC so much, yet meets another guy and marries him in the span of 2 years? How long did it take her to move on? A boyfriend sure but a husband? wtf!? She was with the MC for longer.

Also if she was willing to cheat on her husband, if one does go the get back together with her route, how do we trust her not to do it again? You lose them how you get them. (Assuming it wasn't just a sexless for show marriage.) Now if she was married to a bi woman... some of us could work with that.

Last edited:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Honestly, I don't think she had a choice. Think about who MC's father is. Consider Steph's first Nuke photo. She works for the Pentagon and was spying on MC to see how much he knew about his Dad's illegal operations and had to move on when it became clear he knew nothing. #justspythings
I'm really scratching my head here trying to decide if you're serious about this suggestion or if you're trolling? :unsure:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well considering she was likely a minor when she met MC that becomes kinda unlikely. Remember they were still at school when that dream in chapter 3 played, not university or such. That was where I went wrong in first instance, thinking they were mid twenties or bit older, while it seems they are early 20.

Reactions: Ayhsel
4.80 star(s) 563 Votes