3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I don't know what caused this restart, but for me it was a game that I loved not only because of the quality of the art, but also because of how fun the conversations were and, above all, how Krystal gradually gave in to the vice of corruption.

In fact, Krystal's design looked mature, and as the story progressed it continued to look mature, without giving that exaggerated nymphomaniac feeling that exists in many other games. Krystral became a sex addict, but did well, XD.

I really enjoyed the game so far, its fetishes and the things i discovered little by little.

I hope it will be re-initiated to make it even better, otherwise we're going badly.

aurinkojakuu

Jul 22, 2018
Many of the people in this thread are missing the forest for the trees. Who cares about the feet? I can’t think of anything that could be less significant and more autistic to obsess over. Here’s what matters: This game, like most western patreonshit, was being developed by people who were absolutely incompetent and content to sit back and collect money off the patreon even though the game was going nowhere and appeared like it would never be finished. Now they’ve gone ahead and scrapped the (lousy) progress that they made over years and will once again try to make something far beyond their capabilities (even with more of them working on it now).

More people, more promises, more disappointment. This game will never be finished. It never was going to be regardless. Who cares about little idiotic distractions like the anatomy of the feet? It’s so much bigger than that.

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Many of the people in this thread are missing the forest for the trees. -
You are about half right, but as you said, you also haven't noticed the forest behind the tree.
Patreon is risky because almost every project is started out of passion instead of a business decision. Before starting a project the patreon developers don't usually make a full road map from start to finish with time tables and they don't sit down and discuss the key roles and jobs they will require to make everything work. If they did they wouldn't be on patreon, they would just start a normal company. Problems are bound to happen even if every preparation was done, but without preparation they are inevitable.

Now does that mean that patreon is bad and this game is never going to be finished as you say? Well, here is the thing: over 95% of small businesses fail within two years. If that's something you can't accept because of your principle, then your only option is to look for the large companies. Do you want to make bets on when will a AAA company create a game like this one? They could do it. They would be fast and the release would be on time and they could deliver exactly what they promised. But they will never even consider it.

You can't have the experience and stability of a large corporation with the passion and risk taking of a small team.

Kuja and his team did something quite remarkable in my opinion: they admitted mistake and took steps towards fixing it. I don't know if those are the right steps or if they will be enough. But if we are not ready to give them a chance, then what exactly are we doing here?

Reactions: blazedramon

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
But if we are not ready to give them a chance, then what exactly are we doing here?
We are not doing anything here. Games here are not financially-supported directly from us and only little amount of developers actually have the balls to listen to critique from this site. So all we do here is just discussing the game. Having positive or negative thoughts is absolutely fine and voicing your opinion is abosultely fine, but it would be great if people could inform themselves a little bit more before throwing shit at developers.

What can we do to influence the project? Here? Nothing. If you want to engage with the project, people should go to the team's open deiscord channel and try communicating with the team. Otherwise nothing will change.

Patreon is risky because almost every project is started out of passion instead of a business decision. Before starting a project the patreon developers don't usually make a full road map from start to finish with time tables and they don't sit down and discuss the key roles and jobs they will require to make everything work. If they did they wouldn't be on patreon, they would just start a normal company.
Thats not quite how it works. There are both situations happening: some projects start out of passion, some out of buisness ideas.
What is Patreon? Its a system that allows people to show their idea to the public and get continueos help from the subscribes - basically a pay check that fully depends on how many people are interested in the content that will be created. Whether you are billionare or a hobo that has connection to the internet - it allows you to dedicate yourself to do stuff that you want to do and not to be too much dependent from big bosses that big companies have and from other bullshit that companies need to attend to. But if you would want to create a full-time company you would have a whole sea of troubles that will come with it: obligatory official software usage, different lawyer bullshit such as minimal paycuts, different stuff insurances, office managing and all other stuff that is needed to be called a company according to the official needs of the country.
Patreon doesnt need all that official bullcrap, but it doesnt mean that people who start patreon cant be professionals with AAA game development expirience who know their stuff. If you ever worked in the industry, you know that things such as pipelines and deadlines are a thing and that they are needed to be somewhat sucessfull. They are also needed for the communication with the community part of the project, since Patreon is fully community-dependent and community loves it when strict dates are in order. So people with expirience can make assumptions, roadmaps and deadlines at the very start of their project - it all depends on them and on them alone.

Tl;dr - Patreon allows anyone to start their project, whether its done out of passion or buisness idea. I could start Patreon to make my dream come true without anything. Company on the other hand requires at least some sort of a financial start or supporters to deal with all of the lawyerish mumbo-jumbo. So Patreon works both ways. You could even start your dream with nothing on Patreon and then grow into a full-time company if you have the guts and funding.

From me personally I would say that if I would've started Patreon, roadmap and estimated deadlines would be the first thing I would've dealt with, since it gives you a certain goals and time limits to deal with. Without them workers procrastinate and project may as well prolong for years without any significant updates.

Now, is Patreon risky really? Patreon doesnt require one to sacrifice anything at all - nor money, nor documents, nor labor. Only subscribers risk their investments into the projects, but developers in case of a failure dont loose anything at all, since Patreon doesnt have any kind of "punishment for failure" feature. Maximum punishment that developers may get is their reputation being stumped and their time that they have waisted on the lost cause. So in terms of risk Patreon is extremely develoepr-friendly, which is exactly why there are so many projects that lead nowhere.

You can't have the experience and stability of a large corporation with the passion and risk taking of a small team.
True.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Greetings. I am one of the developers of LoK:R, you may know me as Vlad. I've been watching this thread for quite some time, and while there may be nothing to be gained in doing this, I'll inform you that what we have done was so that the project could live. Restarting it was painful, but the previous iterations of the project were not properly coded, and were in fact unity plugins built ontop of unity plugins. It was going to hit a brick wall, especially with the two man team of Abelius/Kuja being overwhelmed.

As far as feet goes, I am extraordinarily tired of hearing about them. The original poll was the 'Plantigrade, Mixed, Digitigrade' poll which had numbers 1, 2, and 3. I specifically left it fairly vague so that my team could have wiggle room in the design phase. Mixed clearly won, then to show an example to people who did not understand what we were talking about, I posted that image. Then people started voting for A-B-C-D-E etc. So no, mixed option won the actual poll that I started, and we went off of that. The whole point of creating a 'mixed' foot was so that we could easily design footwear for the characters, as digitigrade footwear looks utterly ridiculous and stupid, but had digitigrade won, we simply would not have had footwear outside of Krystal's high-heel flight-boots.

If you have questions, then you may ask them here, I may eventually get around to answering them, though I typically don't look on here much. If you want to actually talk things over with me, then you may do so in the discord.

Cheers.

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Re-Starting a project is the first step of "abandoned". I didn't see a single project that re-created and managed to stay alive. I really hope that this will be the one. Because as you can see from my avatar pic that i love your game. I also "was" your one of the patrons.
Anyway, only time will tell. GL and hope to join you on patreon again. If things go convincingly.

Jul 27, 2017
Many of the people in this thread are missing the forest for the trees. Who cares about the feet? I can’t think of anything that could be less significant and more autistic to obsess over. Here’s what matters: This game, like most western patreonshit, was being developed by people who were absolutely incompetent and content to sit back and collect money off the patreon even though the game was going nowhere and appeared like it would never be finished. Now they’ve gone ahead and scrapped the (lousy) progress that they made over years and will once again try to make something far beyond their capabilities (even with more of them working on it now).

More people, more promises, more disappointment. This game will never be finished. It never was going to be regardless. Who cares about little idiotic distractions like the anatomy of the feet? It’s so much bigger than that.
Obviously people do care about the anatomy of the feet if it's being talked about, being upset bout some small shit doesn't mean anyone is missing anything bigger we're just pointing out some of the stuff that personally bothers us

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Re-Starting a project is the first step of "abandoned"
Fear gives me that too.

That is, after months and months of updates and with a design, system, history and events already advanced, now it's time to "go back to 0" :oops::oops:

So, how long will we have to wait until we get to what we've played today? 2 years? 5 years? 12 years?

Last edited:

Roderick2

May 6, 2019
Ok... I am new in this thread.

The current version is the last one and a "rebirth rebirth" it's being made? It's it?

UnitaryMatrix

Feb 20, 2018
Greetings. I am one of the developers of LoK:R, you may know me as Vlad. I've been watching this thread for quite some time, and while there may be nothing to be gained in doing this, I'll inform you that what we have done was so that the project could live. Restarting it was painful, but the previous iterations of the project were not properly coded, and were in fact unity plugins built ontop of unity plugins. It was going to hit a brick wall, especially with the two man team of Abelius/Kuja being overwhelmed.

As far as feet goes, I am extraordinarily tired of hearing about them. The original poll was the 'Plantigrade, Mixed, Digitigrade' poll which had numbers 1, 2, and 3. I specifically left it fairly vague so that my team could have wiggle room in the design phase. Mixed clearly won, then to show an example to people who did not understand what we were talking about, I posted that image. Then people started voting for A-B-C-D-E etc. So no, mixed option won the actual poll that I started, and we went off of that. The whole point of creating a 'mixed' foot was so that we could easily design footwear for the characters, as digitigrade footwear looks utterly ridiculous and stupid, but had digitigrade won, we simply would not have had footwear outside of Krystal's high-heel flight-boots.

If you have questions, then you may ask them here, I may eventually get around to answering them, though I typically don't look on here much. If you want to actually talk things over with me, then you may do so in the discord.

Cheers.
Just gonna pop by and say thanks for taking the time to clarify those details. I joined your discord after the poll went down, so perhaps my conclusion about how the voting was carried out was perhaps a bit misinformed. But, not everyone is going to be happy with all changes, so there's no reason to try and please everyone - no matter what you do, you'll always have people who are unhappy.

I do have one question, more-so regarding the dialogue (and not about feet). From a first glance, the Triton system that gizmo built seems to allow for a fair few conditionals to dialogue trees (like, has item A, has done thing B etc), what can we expect to see with regards to NPC interactivity?

EDIT: There's a live Q&A going on right now over on Picarto:

Answer from the stream: "Have you played KOTOR?", followed by "There will be multiple ways to complete quests, stats will matter, and there should be a large variety of dialogue"

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 32 Votes